Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cameras Allowed?
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 2, 2015 04:04

Things have changed since phone cameras have been more prevalent. Whereas policy was once "no cameras or recording devices" I'm not sure they (veunes & artists) are as strict anymore.

I believe that most venues and artists are okay with phone cameras and point & shoot cameras but not DSLRs (digital single lens reflex cameras w/interchangeable lenses).

Has anybody here been hassled for bringing in (& snapping pics) with a point & shoot style camera? I will be taking my sony H7 to the Milwaukee show.

Thanks for any insight.

IORR............but I like it!

Re: Cameras Allowed?
Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: June 2, 2015 04:22

sweet neo con

Has anybody here been hassled for bringing in (& snapping pics) with a point & shoot style camera? I will be taking my sony H7 to the Milwaukee show.

The posted policy for San Diego was no professional cams and no Go Pros. There was no P&S hassle during the three 2013 shows I attended nor in Petco. I saw a variety of P&S models in action there and all probably made it through gate screening and inspection OK.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 04:33

Yes, point and shoot are fine, they don't allow professional cameras. You'll be fine. I haven't had a problem at any of the shows.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 2, 2015 06:28

Everyone is correct in what they say here, as best I know.

As a sidelight, I had a point and shoot camera at the Beacon and my fotos were used on the back cover of a boot CD from that show, in a German language book about the ABB tour, and in Marilou Regan's magazine/book about Stones fans that was the sequel to her book on the same topic. But I made no money on any of this, just got free copies of the books.

plexi

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 2, 2015 07:29

What has the security screening at the entrance gate been like? Walk-through metal detectors? Wands? Just a check of bags? Long lines?

I always worry that somebody will swipe my watch or my phone whenever I have to put everything in those Tupperware tubs. Especially when there's a long line and it's hard to keep track of who's tub belongs to whom.

BTW, the ban on GoPros makes little or no sense to me. I don't own one, but it's my understanding that there are plenty of cell phones on the market that can record video that is comparable to, or in some ways better than, a GoPro. The biggest GoPro drawback known to civilization is the kind of person who would try to record a Rock concert with one.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 2, 2015 10:15

My experience in SD recently was that security or whatever you call it when they're checking for contraband was very ummm what's the word, very superficial.

I had a purse which was put on a table in front of a young gal doing the search. All she did was take a short stick & she poked around in it. She literally just barely poked, barely moving anything around. She did this all very fast & perfunctory. They were in a hurry to just keep the line moving as fast as possible.

She barely looked at me. Maybe didn't even look at me at all. I had a regular 35 mm camera (old time, pre-digital camera), hanging around my neck on top of my clothing, in full view to anyone who might've looked at me.. The camera itself on the long neck string came to right around my waist area. I think I could've had an even larger camera hanging down my front & she or no one else doing searches would've ever noticed.

In other words, unless something was in my purse lying on top of all the other items in it, nothing much would've been detected by the purse search. Also, don't think anything would've been detected if hanging from a string around my neck even if it were a larger camera than I had if it was dropped down underneath my top or if I had been wearing a jacket or anything with pockets,

My cell phone was also hanging in full sight from my neck in a pouch that fell right at my chest area. But cell phones & any camera that wasn't a motion picture type camera or professional" camera were not contraband anyway.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 21:29 by tauk.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 14:34

San Diego was a metal detector and bag check, phones and cameras if in your pocket had to be put in the bowl. They opened up and barely looked in the bags. In Columbus they looked in your bag for two seconds.

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:56

I believe phones are allowed, not sure about cameras though. I will give you more information tomorrow night!

-RS

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:26

Thanks!! I will take my P&S and leave my pro gear at home.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: June 2, 2015 17:52

sweet neo con
Thanks!! I will take my P&S and leave my pro gear at home.

Yep!

-RS

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 2, 2015 18:31

In columbus, I just had to raise my arms and self pat down my cargo shorts lower pockets. I had my cell, camera and pax in my other pockets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 18:33 by MingSubu.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:04

I used to get hassled endlessly, searched very carefully my purse and bag. Even my make-up pouch was prodded! This is in Massachusetts, Foxboro and TD Bank North ( old Boston Garden). RIDICULOUS! So, I useed to hide my camera under TAMPONS...you should see the guard let go of that pouch when he saw the tampons! Like they were HOT COALS! Worked every time!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:33

san diego was a baseball stadium and ohio was at the college so i'm glad you guys brought this up-

the NFL stadiums have a carry in bag policy and i doubt they will change it because it's a concert instead of a game.
womens purses have to be the plastic one's you can see through,they dont fck around either.if you have a regular purse they make you take it back to your car and they have stations you can by the see thru ones if you like.

everyone sounds pretty spot on about the cameras but i would double check on the stadiums website.

again, the NFL stadiums might be different.double check,you do not want to wait in that line and get sent back out.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 2, 2015 22:35

Security most likely varies depending on the band, promotor and venue.

Entering Petco was almost like TSA line, but not all metals (or shoes) had to be removed.

I saw U2 twice in the same venue this past week. For the first show I had floor GA's (with separate entry). Everyone going in the same lime as me was wanded. For the 2nd show I had reserved seats. There appeared to be no security at all upon entering the Forum.

Date: June 3, 2015 01:41

mickschix
I used to get hassled endlessly, searched very carefully my purse and bag. Even my make-up pouch was prodded! This is in Massachusetts, Foxboro and TD Bank North ( old Boston Garden). RIDICULOUS! So, I useed to hide my camera under TAMPONS...you should see the guard let go of that pouch when he saw the tampons! Like they were HOT COALS! Worked every time!

Not too sure how well that'd work for men...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2015 01:57

So, I useed to hide my camera under TAMPONS...you should see the guard let go of that pouch when he saw the tampons! Like they were HOT COALS!

presume they were used.............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:05

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
mickschix

Not too sure how well that'd work for men...[/quote

Or if the guard happened to be female. Getting almost whatever you want into a concert these days is child's play, imo. The problem for me is all the people so busy filming and recording that it tends to become somewhat of a distraction for the people around them.

It's one of the things that must have been great about the Fonda and Belly Up shows, people living in the moment, enjoying the show and not worried about capturing it all for later.

As much as I like certain aspects of the find anything in a minute multimedia internet society and the periscope stuff there is also something that's goes missing with the instant connectivity. The imaginative properties of the great unknown are lost when everything is knowable in seconds.

peace

Date: June 3, 2015 03:35

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 03:37 by RS.

Date: June 3, 2015 03:35

Haha! I would like to see that guards expression!

-RS

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 3, 2015 08:21

Sony HX20V looks like a point & shoot, records in 1080p and is an easy camera to use. I used it on the Auckland gig last year. Security didn't bother with it, it's small enough..... Or maybe it's just Auckland

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home