Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who is BV?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:39

As a huge admirer of BV's work, both his work on creating and maintaining IORR as well as the excellent reviews from shows, tip offs and general guidance about all things Stonesy, I've often wondered who he is! Does he work for the Stones, or is he loosely connected? I know he is from the Scandanavian area, but for me he remains an enigma.

While I'm on with this, I'd also like to thank him for his immense efforts and long may IORR continue.

P.S I'm not a stalker!

Re: Who is BV?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:18

Crumbling mice
I know he is from the Scandanavian area, but for me he remains an enigma.

You have been a member here for seven years and still you don't know that Björnulf (BV) is Norwegian? Do you even read other people's posts?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:27

Many of the people around here are loosely connected.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:40

By day, he's mild-mannered,shy Bjornulf...hard worker, devoted husband, father, and grandfather.
By night, he's superfan!!...able to leap tall buildings, jump over security guards, pilot his fanmobile, all in the single-minded pursuit of truth, justice, and a front row spot to see The Rolling Stones. Oh, he also runs IORR. smiling smiley

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:15

latebloomer
By day, he's mild-mannered,shy Bjornulf...hard worker, devoted husband, father, and grandfather.
By night, he's superfan!!...able to leap tall buildings, jump over security guards, pilot his fanmobile, all in the single-minded pursuit of truth, justice, and a front row spot to see The Rolling Stones. Oh, he also runs IORR. smiling smiley

And as we all know, by day he is hard to spot, but at night he dons THE BV UNIFORM, the infamous coat that strikes awe into other fans when they see how often it is up front.

He truly is a superhero of the Stones World.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:24

kahoosier
latebloomer

And as we all know, by day he is hard to spot, but at night he dons THE BV UNIFORM, the infamous coat that strikes awe into other fans when they see how often it is up front.

It is a lovely coat...dibs on it BV, when you retire. cool smiley

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:27

^^ Before you can don that coat, you have to be able to fill his shoes.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:29

kahoosier
latebloomer

LOL. too true that coat is synonymous to me over the years as that "STONES" California license plate that made it on the screen at sooo many Licks shows. Not to stray too much from the BV question but along with BV's cool coat and Cali license plate anyone know what happened to the "Go Ronnie Go" sign and its 2 fans that went with it everywhere always Ronnie's side like rows 10-20 ? I heard stories but when you go to shows and see folks and then they disappear after so long one always wonders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 21:31 by chevysales.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:33

You got lots of posts in your time on here crumbling mice but you still don't know that BV is Norwegian ?
On his user profile it has his name and e-mail address, which is more information than we know about you.

Give him an e-mail if you want to know more about him, but if you haven't met the man, I don't think he is gonna give you the info you are after.

I certainly wouldn't. winking smiley

Date: May 31, 2015 21:50

Christ on a bike, I wish I hadn't posted now...I should have done my research! Do I actually read posts? I should have supplied more information about me! I knew he was from Scandanavia, but no, I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say for certain it was Norway.

The intention of the original post was to say a big thanks to BV and also it would be interesting to know more about him, nothing deep.

Posted by: StickyExile98 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:04

I'm more interesting in knowing how on earth he has enough money to follow the Stones all over the world and still get front seats at every show! I've never been so jealous of someone in my life.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:06

Send him an e-mail.

It's all there on his user profile. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:51

latebloomer

To quote Keith, "[BV] is a lovely bunch of guys"

Date: May 31, 2015 22:51

crumbling_mice
Christ on a bike, I wish I hadn't posted now...I should have done my research! Do I actually read posts? I should have supplied more information about me! I knew he was from Scandanavia, but no, I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say for certain it was Norway.

The intention of the original post was to say a big thanks to BV and also it would be interesting to know more about him, nothing deep.

I hope we've completely crushed you...serves you right

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:11

Certainly not your typical Stones fan that's for sure. And with a name like Bjornulf I imagine there's some viking blood in there somewhere.

My greatest thanks is that a guy from Norway decided to use English as the language for this great board. thumbs up

peace

Date: May 31, 2015 23:24

Naturalust
Certainly not your typical Stones fan that's for sure. And with a name like Bjornulf I imagine there's some viking blood in there somewhere.

My greatest thanks is that a guy from Norway decided to use English as the language for this great board. thumbs up

peace

On the other hand, BV is the single reason I haven't to this point in my life learned Norwegian!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2015 23:33

This thread is against the rules to begin with. So it will only remain till BV spots it. By the way, sorry Crumbling Mice if my comment was a bit harsh.

Date: May 31, 2015 23:33

treaclefingers
Naturalust

peace

On the other hand, BV is the single reason I haven't to this point in my life learned Norwegian!

lol. Just imagine the many folks here who are using translators and English-to-whatever books in order to digest and post here! That's actually pretty cool and committed...although these are generally the same folks for whom your humor goes right over their heads treacle! smoking smiley

peace

Date: May 31, 2015 23:34

treaclefingers
crumbling_mice

I hope we've completely crushed you...serves you right

YOu so did...thank the lord it's over.

Date: May 31, 2015 23:38

Stoneage
This thread is against the rules to begin with. So it will only remain till BV spots it. By the way, sorry Crumbling Mice if my comment was a bit harsh.

Quick man change the title to BV Appreciation Thread or something. He wouldn't dare close that one out. eye popping smiley

peace

Date: May 31, 2015 23:51

Damn, I'm going to be outlawed, I can feel it ...oh well...it was all with good intentions and I've thicker skin than a thick skinned thing.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 01:58

StickyExile98
I'm more interesting in knowing how on earth he has enough money to follow the Stones all over the world and still get front seats at every show! I've never been so jealous of someone in my life.

I've kind of wondered that too, but it's none of my business...what an incredible life though! I can't imagine the fun he must have when tour seasons start. Imagine the stories he must have, all those shows for so many years. Maybe he's secretly a billionare in Norway spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 02:03 by stones2000.

Date: June 1, 2015 02:38

stones2000
StickyExile98

I've kind of wondered that too, but it's none of my business...what an incredible life though! I can't imagine the fun he must have when tour seasons start. Imagine the stories he must have, all those shows for so many years. Maybe he's secretly a billionare in Norway spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I doubt it's actually that expensive to travel to all these shows this summer and I'm pretty sure he is guaranteed a good comp seat from the band's people. If you figure it out you could probably pull the whole following of this tour for less than $20,000 including airfares, motels and food. You certainly don't have to be a "secret billionaire" to pull it off. Besides he saves on wardrobe by wearing that same jacket to every show. winking smiley

My questions are more along the lines if he has developed any personal relationships with the band members, from his posts and stories it doesn't really seem like it. He is not the Bill German type and seems less interested in the personal stuff and more just the humble, dedicated superfan that I'm sure he is.

There are probably few people alive besides Keith, Mick, Ronnie and Charlie who have heard JJF live as many times as he has, that's for sure. Perhaps he will write a book when he and the Stones retire,then we can finally learn who his contacts were, what makes him tick and other more personal stuff he wishes to share.

peace

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:39

treaclefingers
latebloomer

To quote Keith, "[BV] is a lovely bunch of guys"

I want to marry his wife. And I'm a straight, heterosexual female. She sounds like she is one-in-a million. Just joking, obviously. I'm sure bv is a wonderful husband==no disrespect intended.

bv is one-in-a-million also. I will be eternally grateful for his specific advice to me, a Rookie, and all that he does here for free!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 02:43 by tauk.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:43

pretty sure the V is for vicarious.

Posted by: getdown ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:52

I believe bv has the ability to move between dimensions...many times I have seen him appear out of nowhere

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 02:55

Naturalust
stones2000
StickyExile98

I doubt it's actually that expensive to travel to all these shows this summer and I'm pretty sure he is guaranteed a good comp seat from the band's people. If you figure it out you could probably pull the whole following of this tour for less than $20,000 including airfares, motels and food. You certainly don't have to be a "secret billionaire" to pull it off. Besides he saves on wardrobe by wearing that same jacket to every show. winking smiley

My questions are more along the lines if he has developed any personal relationships with the band members, from his posts and stories it doesn't really seem like it. He is not the Bill German type and seems less interested in the personal stuff and more just the humble, dedicated superfan that I'm sure he is.

There are probably few people alive besides Keith, Mick, Ronnie and Charlie who have heard JJF live as many times as he has, that's for sure. Perhaps he will write a book when he and the Stones retire,then we can finally learn who his contacts were, what makes him tick and other more personal stuff he wishes to share.

peace

Yeah, maybe he will write a book! "The Stones and I" or something like that

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:01

Besides being an avid bicyclist, doesn't he climb Mt Kilimanjaro in between Stones tours?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 1, 2015 03:02

Ahem, that's "bv".

He wieldeth the ban hammer in these parts.

bv is the best thing since, well, Bill German.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 03:05 by bleedingman.

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:42

I chatted with bv for about 45 minutes or so before the Oakland 2013 show over beers at a bar in SF. We mainly talked about our work and aesthetic/organizational aspects of the website. I don't think he's a secret millionaire. If he is, then you would never know it. Bv works a lot while on the road. His profession allows him to easily work remotely.

Bv is very quiet and keeps to himself, but he genuinely cares about the fans on the board keeping up to date with the latest news and tells us as much as he knows about surprise gigs or when the next tour legs will be. He also told me how much time and effort it takes to maintain this site. Lots. He wouldn't be keeping this IORR up and running if he didn't care about us stones fans.

Thank you for all your efforts BV.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home