Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Rolling Stones set to play Knebworth this summer?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 10, 2015 15:35

Well, decided to book a room in stevenage.
Really hoping for another concert, maybe in twickenham..
jeroen

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 10, 2015 15:44

corriecas
jeroen

Twickenham? Right in my back garden! Not likely though,

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 10, 2015 15:47

I booked a room in Stevenage as well. But would love a show in Twickenham as I could walk home from there. My dream would be a club show at the Richmond Athletic Ground (where my little boy plays rugby!)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 15:53

Booking some hotel rooms now. drinking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 10, 2015 16:08

Yee ha. See you at the magic oak tree everyone.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 16:24

latebloomer
grzegorz67
latebloomer
grzegorz67
Nikkei
grzegorz67
If he did, would he ssy so on here, before a pubic announcement ? Yeah, right.

don't know if i should even ask...

Oops. Tired late night Typo. Very embarrassing. Now fixed the original thumbs up

Oh dear, almost lost my coffee laughing at this one...add this to the list of epic fail typos, please. grinning smiley

OK, My head is hung in shame. We all do one, once a while eye rolling smiley
Of course we do, you should see some of my typos. Nothing to be ashamed of...you made me laugh grzegorz67, and for that, I thank you! smiling smiley

No worries LateBloomer. I'm even laughing myself nowwinking smiley

This thread is now up to 4 pages. If they're just thinking about it, hopefully this will go some way to persuade them to do it. Bjornulf has previously said that they do read these pages, the most popular Stones message board on the planet. I see teenagers in Stones t shirts all the time here. Provided ticket prices aren't ott, a lot of these youngsters will come along andd give the atmosphere a bit of fizz and bounce. With a 120,000 capacity surely they can afford it. The atmosphere definitely suffers when the crowd is predominantly wealthy older people. I'm 48 and remember being one of those mad for it youngsters at my 1st show, back in 1990 when it was £23gpb to get in.

Date: June 10, 2015 16:38

I know a couple of younger nieces and nephews would be interested in this, i probably end up paying for them thou.hot smiley

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: June 10, 2015 16:49

Did a great road trip from Germany in 2013 to see the boys in Hyde Park and I think we will do the same again and cross the canal once more smiling smiley

Date: June 10, 2015 17:32

There were certainly a good few German Stones fans in the Park that I could hear. I met one guy from Hamburg at Show 1 who'd been to about 30+ since 1982! I've made the opposite journey too - saw the Licks shows in Berlin & Hamburg.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 10, 2015 17:39

Well this is ultimate proof that this site is populated with the out of touch upper class.

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: June 10, 2015 18:57

Not sure they'd hold it the same weekend as the Country Show. Another venue then, perhaps...

[www.knebworthhouse.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:00

corriecas
jeroen

I assume you have never been to Stevenage then haha

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:06

Nate
corriecas
jeroen

Nate >grinning smiley<

Only seen it whilst passing with the train>grinning smiley<

Posted by: ricky70 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:14

[sonisphere.co.uk] no festival Knebworth

Date: June 10, 2015 20:17

Knebworth Festival no 2015
Published on January 16th, 2015
TeamRammstein-2010 Sonisphere reluctantly confirm that Sonisphere will not take place in the UK in 2015. We’ve been working hard to get a line-up that we felt was good enough but also on a weekend which would avoid other events that we know rock fans would want to support. Unfortunately our last irons in the fire have just been extinguished and it’s clear that we won’t be in a position to run the event this year. We’ve said in the past that Sonisphere will only go ahead if we feel it is going to be good enough and that hasn’t changed.

We hope all rock fans have a great summer with all the festivals and concerts already in the calendar and we plan to see you all in 2016.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:20

The Stones got by like 52years without a Sonisphere and won't need one to pull this off.

Date: June 10, 2015 20:35

Nikkei
The Stones got by like 52years without a Sonisphere and won't need one to pull this off.
never mind sanisphere, the festival is not played in 2015

Date: June 10, 2015 20:37

......sonisphere ..sorry....

Date: June 10, 2015 20:44

Ummmm, I notice that story was published on the Somisphere website on 16 January 2015 i.e. 5 months ago eye rolling smiley

Hopefully the family who own Knebworth are looking for something else to fill the gap. When they played there in '76, Mick stayed at the house and left a pair of (unwashed!) red underpants behind. The owners put them in the safe.

Maybe Mick wants them back grinning smiley

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 10, 2015 20:47

grzegorz67
Ummmm, I notice that story was published on the Somisphere website on 16 January 2015 i.e. 5 months ago eye rolling smiley

Hopefully the family who own Knebworth are looking for something else to fill the gap. When they played there in '76, Mick stayed at the house and left a pair of (unwashed!) red underpants behind. The owners put them in the safe.

Maybe Mick wants them back grinning smiley

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Definitely they are an essential item of clothingsmoking smiley

Date: June 10, 2015 20:55

There is a gargantuan difference between the sonisphere festival and the Rolling Stones.
If the Stones decide they want to play Knebworth then it will happen.

Nate thumbs up

Date: June 10, 2015 21:02

It's held in early July too, not the time frame the Stones are rumoured to be looking at. I presume you're a relative youngster here Nate ? I've never even heard of Sonisphere !

Date: June 10, 2015 21:39

grzegorz67
It's held in early July too, not the time frame the Stones are rumoured to be looking at. I presume you're a relative youngster here Nate ? I've never even heard of Sonisphere !

I will be 40 this year,I had never heard about the sonisphere festival myself until this rumour about the Stones playing Knebworth came up.

I just really hope it happens as I live just 30 minutes drive from the venue so it would be great to take some friends along who are not willing to travel the world to see concerts unlike myself.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 11, 2015 00:04

Nate
corriecas
jeroen

Nate >grinning smiley<

what do you mean nate...
jeroen

Date: June 11, 2015 00:19

Corriecas, I think Nate may just be suggesting that Stevenage is a bit of a dump. I've never been, but it does have s poor reputation. But then again, I work in (but thankfully don't live in) Swindon, which has s similar reputation...

Date: June 11, 2015 01:11

I am sure that Stevenage is ok and perfectly safe for a night or two in a hotel,but if you were to travel to England from abroad to see the Stones at Knebworth then it would be much better and a lot more interesting to stay in London and the concert could easily be reached on the day from London by a short train ride and taxi.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: June 11, 2015 01:24

Nate
I am sure that Stevenage is ok and perfectly safe for a night or two in a hotel,but if you were to travel to England from abroad to see the Stones at Knebworth then it would be much better and a lot more interesting to stay in London and the concert could easily be reached on the day from London by a short train ride and taxi.

Nate thumbs up

Maybe I have very very slim chance to go to UK in August.
But are there any ways to go back to London by public transportations after the concert ?

I am always staying around Kings Cross/St.Pancras in London.

Date: June 11, 2015 01:45

a bigger nut
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Maybe I have very very slim chance to go to UK in August.
But are there any ways to go back to London by public transportations after the concert
I am always staying around Kings Cross/St.Pancras in London.

I just checked online for you and the last train from Stevenage to Kings cross on a Saturday night leaves at midnight and takes about 40 minutes to arrive to Kings cross.

The problem that you may have is getting out of the concert and getting a taxi to Stevenage railway station as the area will be very busy if the concert is on.

Nate thumbs up

Date: June 11, 2015 01:50

Here we are with just a rumour of this concert happening and we are already making plans for it.

Hey I might even have a look on viagogo to see if tickets are already on sale haha

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-11 01:52 by Nate.

Date: June 11, 2015 10:27

Have my rooms booked and can cancel up to 24 hours before the date. thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home