Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:08

Jordan
StonedRambler
Still don't get the point. Firebird you're absolutely right. But why then doing a stadium show? They could also do arena shows with 20000-30000 seats and they would get the same money. For me the point of a stadium show is to play as many people as possible. And the stones would fill those stadium within minutes, even for 200$ per GA ticket. And 60.000 200$ tickets would make the same money as 30.000 400$ tickets.
Isn't is much more fun to play to an energetic and younger crowd with less space between the people than to rich old people?
For their Fonda gig they extra picked younger people and models, but in reality they rather want to play to an older crowd?!
I think you overestimate the Stones' ability to sell out a GA style show. Notice in some of the pictures that A LOT of the people down in those $500+ seats are an average of 50+ years of age. How many people over 50 will be willing to pay $200 to be squished against everyone around them? I know in theory it'd be more money, but really, it would be mostly young people who go to the GA. And how many 'young' people are going to go to a Stones' show for $200? I will go out on a limb and say that only a huge fan would spend $200 on a ticket. Are there enough young fans to sell out 60,000 tickets? I really don't think so..
Maybe you're right. I would think we had more people with 20-50 years old and I don't doubt that they could fill a stadium. And anyway there are many people over 50 who would take a GA ticket too. But could be I am wrong.
But wasn't it in Europe like that? Most shows sold out with GA Tickets and more younger people

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:10

StonedRambler
Jordan
StonedRambler
Still don't get the point. Firebird you're absolutely right. But why then doing a stadium show? They could also do arena shows with 20000-30000 seats and they would get the same money. For me the point of a stadium show is to play as many people as possible. And the stones would fill those stadium within minutes, even for 200$ per GA ticket. And 60.000 200$ tickets would make the same money as 30.000 400$ tickets.
Isn't is much more fun to play to an energetic and younger crowd with less space between the people than to rich old people?
For their Fonda gig they extra picked younger people and models, but in reality they rather want to play to an older crowd?!
I think you overestimate the Stones' ability to sell out a GA style show. Notice in some of the pictures that A LOT of the people down in those $500+ seats are an average of 50+ years of age. How many people over 50 will be willing to pay $200 to be squished against everyone around them? I know in theory it'd be more money, but really, it would be mostly young people who go to the GA. And how many 'young' people are going to go to a Stones' show for $200? I will go out on a limb and say that only a huge fan would spend $200 on a ticket. Are there enough young fans to sell out 60,000 tickets? I really don't think so..
Maybe you're right. I would think we had more people with 20-50 years old and I don't doubt that they could fill a stadium. And anyway there are many people over 50 who would take a GA ticket too. But could be I am wrong.
But wasn't it in Europe like that? Most shows sold out with GA Tickets and more younger people
I mean.. It's totally possible, just seemed like a stretch to me.. But anyways I'm sure the Stones' financial team has done the math to ensure maximum profit lol

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:14

Aren't there enough threads beating to death ticket sales philosophies?

This thread is for show updates. Stop clogging it up with the same tired bullshit so we can all enjoy the updates from the show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 03:16 by KennedyLetsWork.

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:16

KennedyLetsWork
Aren't there enough threads beating to death the pbilosophies about ticket sales?

This thread is for show updates. Stop clogging it up with the same tired bullshit so we can all enjoy the updates from the show.
Lighten up.. The show hasn't started yet

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:16

latebloomer
Tuning up backstage

Sweet post bloomer, thanks!

Actually warming up would be a better description...it's probably a rare occasion when Keith actually has to tune his own guitars these days. smoking smiley

Diet Coke and Marlboro Reds! This guy truly is an amazing biological specimen.

peace

Date: May 31, 2015 03:18

Jordan
KennedyLetsWork
Aren't there enough threads beating to death the pbilosophies about ticket sales?

Says the douchebag clogging up the thread with the same tired shit.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:18

Europe was all General Admission, albeit separated to front and back. Lots of people of all ages there, and everyone helpful if someone needed to sit down.
In the official "Thank You Europe" clip on rs.com, Mick said: "They give you so much energy. They're so vibrant and alive, that I could feed of that. Just interchanging energy."
Guess where that energy stems from???

hint: Premium Seating it's not.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:19

Isn't it interesting how there were 30 pages for San Diego at this point and only 5 for Columbus as the show begins.

I don't see any tarps on sections tonight, but a lot of areas will be empty. The rain won't help that. What I noticed in San Diego (sold out) was many ticket holders never took their seats. They just hung at the bars in the stadium, or walked around for better views.

Some of these seats I'm seeing in Columbus are miles away from the stage.

Date: May 31, 2015 03:21

Sorry, I'll be on topic now. Kid Rock onstage now:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:21

San Diego was the Opening Night...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:23

StonedRambler

You're completely right, it is bad business to play to loads of empty seats. You'd make much more selling them for 20 bucks each than not selling them at all

Have fun everyone ! It'll be a blast

Date: May 31, 2015 03:24

Looks like the folks behind those lighting rigs got upgraded...the seats werent even set up...lucky for them!!

Posted by: midimannz ()

Have a great gig! We're all looking forward to the updates (and youtube videos) Can someone remember to spend a minute or two and film the band intros please ?

Posted by: MikefromATX ()

Question about the stage:

Are there runways in front of those giant screens on either side of the stage that Mick used to go out to the sides ?

Posted by: metstones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:25

Notice they remove a section of the walkway to the middle stage so opening act can't go out there and upstage Mick.

Date: May 31, 2015 03:26

I better don't quote this tweet. Catwalk is missing a piece:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:26

Nikkei

[twitter.com]

They cut off the catwalk for him >grinning smiley<

Date: May 31, 2015 03:27

Nikkei
It's a proper stadium without a home base, still there are large seatless areas in the back.
Did the promoter adjust the number of seats to the sales or is this usual?

[twitter.com]
Baseball stadiums are much better for a concert,a s you're never too far away. In this stadium fans are sitting on benches a mile from the stage. They can't see anyone on it.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:27

Nikkei

[twitter.com]

thumbs down Is he off yet?

Date: May 31, 2015 03:29

StonedRambler
Okay most of you say it's about money, but I don't really understand. Wouldn't it bring more money to have a sold-out show with 150$ Tickets, people standing close to each other and the whole stadium would be full?

This isn't Europe or SA. They have strick laws here about GA and how many people can be on a floor. And very few American fans want to pay for a ticket that doesn't come with a seat.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:32

KennedyLetsWork
Jordan
KennedyLetsWork

Are you a child? Name calling is the calling card of someone who has nothing to say.

Date: May 31, 2015 03:33

Doesn't look too empty now

[twitter.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:33

Gfmsoccer
StonedRambler
Okay most of you say it's about money, but I don't really understand. Wouldn't it bring more money to have a sold-out show with 150$ Tickets, people standing close to each other and the whole stadium would be full?

This isn't Europe or SA. They have strick laws here about GA and how many people can be on a floor. And very few American fans want to pay for a ticket that doesn't come with a seat.

Indianapolis is European style GA. So is Quebec.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:34

JTHanis
KennedyLetsWork
Jordan
KennedyLetsWork

Are you a child? Name calling is the calling card of someone who has nothing to say.

Peace and love, people.

It's only rock n roll...

Posted by: metstones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:35

Any twitters using periscope yet?

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:36

eyesoftheworld
JTHanis
KennedyLetsWork
Jordan
KennedyLetsWork

Peace and love, people.

It's only rock n roll...

I agree. It's a show night but somebody needs to cool their jets

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:37

Nikkei
Doesn't look too empty now

[twitter.com]

I am honestly surprised that it looks this full. Good job Rolling Stones!

Date: May 31, 2015 03:39

Sorry. I think I'm just irritated that the Stones are playing here tonight. Go Blue!!

Date: May 31, 2015 03:39

grzegorz67
Gfmsoccer
StonedRambler

Indianapolis is European style GA. So is Quebec.
And neither one of those are stadiums are they?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:40

latebloomer

Tuning up backstage

I see Keith has his rain dance stick to hand smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home