Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 33
Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:17

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 show. Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Bjornulf

Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:55

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:58

Where is there to party in this town got in late last night I saw a bar and pub called the University it looked ok over by the Kroger super market? Where are people meeting? I'm right across the street from NBC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 18:00 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:03

Looks like it may rain before the show, but will clear up during the main event. I was in Columbus last night for shopping and dinner with my family and if the weather tonight is like last night, it will be perfect. There are already a lot of people hanging around the Shoe in anticipation for the show.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:05

At ohare waiting to board my flight for Columbus!

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:12

About ready to hit I70 for the trip from Indianapolis.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:29

Have a great show everyone!!
It's a gas gas gas.

(Hoping for Heartbreaker as the voted song tonight!!)

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:41

Hey FREE Shuttle service tonight from Hilton Garden inn and the Hampton next to it starting at 5:00 every 30 minutes and they are picking up after the GIG!!!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:43

They call this place the whore's shoe? Did I hear that right? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:07

Have a great show everyone ! Time difference even worse than for the PST shows if you're in Europe...unless you don't go to bed I suppose ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 30, 2015 19:18

About to head to Cbus from Cincinnati, and the weather is looking pretty decent right now. I don't mind a little rain, I'm hoping it all works out for us!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:19

It still cracks me up to see all those chairs in front of the stage...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:21

Its a pretty handsome looking stadium from the outisde.

Forgive my ignorance, but is it the norm to fill the floor of the stadium with chairs? I haven't been to a stadium gig in a decade or more, but it used to be all open (and free to attempt to move your way forward).

Have a great show tonight, I'm going to be enjoying it vicariously.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:29

peoplewitheyes
Forgive my ignorance, but is it the norm to fill the floor of the stadium with chairs? I haven't been to a stadium gig in a decade or more, but it used to be all open (and free to attempt to move your way forward).

Looks like the same type they used on the 1997 tour. A row of cheap foldup plastic chairs. How about general admission sometime?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:35

The Sicilian

Looks like the same type they used on the 1997 tour. A row of cheap foldup plastic chairs. How about general admission sometime?

With 50$ tickets that would go the fans? You want the tour accountant to have a heart attack? It's much profitable to set chairs and sell "front row" tix for an ungodly sum of money... winking smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:42

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:46

dcba
The Sicilian

With 50$ tickets that would go the fans? You want the tour accountant to have a heart attack? It's much profitable to set chairs and sell "front row" tix for an ungodly sum of money... winking smiley

Yeah, and be sure to make those chairs really narrow and put 'em right next to one another with no leg room or nothin' so that no one will be able to move a muscle without their spreading middle age thighs and buttocks touchin' the persons on either side of 'em in a true spirit of shared communal experience. That kind of brotherhood and sisterhood is worth $450 all by itself! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: funky415 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:48

The Sicilian
peoplewitheyes

Those were the same type of chairs they had on the floor in San Diego. They are very small and very weak. The one in front of me in San Diego actually broke and the entire row could be pushed back and forth. I'm fine paying the big bucks for good seats on the floor but I want something in return for my $1K and the cheap seats we had in San Diego and the ones that are being used tonight in Columbus are just unacceptable at these prices IMHO. That's all on that topic. The show will rock tonight.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:56

Headed to the airport, I'm in B, row 21, 1 & 2 if anyone wants to say hi. It's only rock n' roll...

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:59

Planning on leaving Indianapolis around 3pm, was going to head our earlier but decided to hold off due to weather, but now it looks like it might be fine...
My first of 3 shows for the tour (maybe 4, still undecided about Pittsburgh); pretty excited!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2015 19:59

Back from the Land of Unreliable WiFi (trust me to go on holiday just when all the excitement happened!). Looking forward to following the show. Have a great time everyone and mind how you go with those silly chairs...

Posted by: metstones ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:14

Anyone in section E (Ronnie's side) on the floor tonight? If so can you please post some pics. I'm in section E row 4 in Releigh and I noticed from the pics in San Diego there is a boom with a camera on it in fron of that section. Wondering if that is gonna be a pain in the ass for the rows in front of it? Thanks if you can post some pics from section E.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:22

Still plenty of tickets left from Ticketmaster and all the usual other suspects. I was able to pull 10th row floor seats in front of Keith this morning for face value. ($425). Seems like tons are still available further back.

I imagine they will be upgrading a whole lot of Lucky Dips for this show.

Good Luck everyone and have a blast!

peace

Posted by: fadeaway13 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:32

There's a good possibility that the boys are staying here at
My hotel. Theres a fleet of busses out side
With the name Luis Soto on them. Hilton Downtown

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:56

fadeaway13
There's a good possibility that the boys are staying here at
My hotel. Theres a fleet of busses out side
With the name Luis Soto on them. Hilton Downtown

FWIW that's where the E St Band stayed last year I believe...

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:29

How many people can fit this stadium for the concert? I've been their once and it was massive!

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:38

Left Indianapolis this morning, just got to our hotel..just gonna kick back till showtime.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:39

Darin75
How many people can fit this stadium for the concert? I've been their once and it was massive!

The stadium holds over 100,000 people but I've seen capacity numbers of 50,000 for this concert. Seems a bit strange that over half the capacity was pre-planned not to be used, and even stranger that they haven't been able to sell all those seats.

We'll find out soon enough how well they sold and how well the show goes. I think it's just going to get better and better this tour. Wish I was there.

peace

Posted by: jcooz ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:46

Mick & Ronnie were spotted at Giuseppe's in Bexley last night.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:47

I seriously hope you all have a wonderful show tonight! This is the one gig I had planned to attend but got sabotage by a family event. I will definitely be following along via phone and Twitter.

If any of you have floor seats tonight it would be awesome to see a few photos of where the PA system hang in relation to the seating chart. The floor layout is very similar while the other stadiums on the tour as opposed to San Diego which had to compensate for the baseball layout.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home