Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Petition against Kid Rock opening for the Stones
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:40

crumbling_mice
(it was rumoured due to Keith arguing with peter Grant about getting paid before he went on, I've no idea if tis is correct)

Arguing with Peter Grant? Sound like a losing proposition even for Keith. Grant probably grabbed 10 fans, threw them in front of Keith and asked them who they were there to see...and Keith sheepishly confirmed their answers when he got on stage...got done quick and waited for his pay like the nice English lad he is. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: May 31, 2015 08:40

The last person Kid Rock openned for around these parts was Mitt Romney! Sweartogod. (October 2012)

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:28

Don't know what this is about as link in first post not working.

But I will for sure boycott Kid Rock in the future. He is an undereducated idiot.

What he did tonight was inappropriate for a Rock concert, even more for a Stones concert, when the Stones in the past have said a thousand times that they are not making political statements or taking sides publicly.

Tonight Kid Rock presented on stage the killer of Osama Bin Laden and said something like because of him we can be here tonight...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:40

Yes this was on Twitter. No way to prove the guy actually WAS the one though. Apparently he played a "Starspangled Banner" on the Sax?
It was also noted Kid Rock sang a song with the lyrics "the Stones are almost dead"? how very cool...

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:49

The reviewer in the Columbus Dispatch thought Kid Rock's lyric "the Stones are almost dead" was dead wrong, Stones are younger than ever.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:49

Nikkei
It was also noted Kid Rock sang a song with the lyrics "the Stones are almost dead"? how very cool...

Nothing new under the sun really, younger people ridicule older people. It's like the line about "John Wayne before he dies" in Starfvucker. Had Kid Rock sang about Bono and his bike crash in Central Park there'd probably been laughs on this site, but the tolerance when it comes to jokes about The Rolling Stones is rather low. Loosen up, it's no hangin' matter, it's no capital crime.....

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:01

OK, so first this guy condones the killing of large cats and now Osama Bin Laden??? The outrage! Sign me up for this boycott!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:29

Kid Rock = More pre-party time. Not interested at all in seeing him.

Date: May 31, 2015 20:15

I basically just drank beer and talked with people during kid rock's set. I don't care for him, and I was too excited that the Stones were coming on to pay any attention to him.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:18

brokecollegestudent
I basically just drank beer and talked with people during kid rock's set. I don't care for him, and I was too excited that the Stones were coming on to pay any attention to him.

that's fine. That's what most of the casuals do during the Stones' set.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:24

Disappointed Kid Rock was invited to be the opener, but very pleased the Stones didn't invite him onstage with them.

Any other opener now is a huge improvement.
The only worse opener would have been Kid's pal (and Limbaugh's) Ted Nugent.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:02

So many of you make everything political. What a disgrace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:04

This time it's not our fault. It was Kid Rock who made it political in a very poor manner.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:14

potus43
So many of you make everything political. What a disgrace

Yeah, and I can't predict that sharks' feelings will get hurt.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:45

The crowd went crazy last night for Kid Rock,
People singing and dancing in the aisles.
Lots of them.

Most openers are lucky to get anyone to pay them any attention, especially before the Stones. He did a FINE job.

He hit hard and hit fast. Payed genuine respect to the Stones then left.
His success cannot be denied.

Anyone ever notice the similarities in the makeup of his touring band to the Stones? Backup singers. Saxophone. Multiple guitars. Respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 22:47 by Kurt.

Date: June 1, 2015 01:50

of course he did...he is the real deal

Date: June 1, 2015 01:58

When I go to Pittsburgh I will of course be awol for awolnation. No THAT'S a major joke

Date: June 1, 2015 06:30

people act like you can go out and kill anything and its ok. if kid rock killed that large cat in the wild that means the state gave him a license to kill it because there are too many in the wild and its throwing off the balance of the other wildlife in the ecosystem. if he did kill this in the wild without a license then he'd be in jail by now

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 1, 2015 06:49

whirlegreg
The Kid is the real deal! Don't believe everything you read..he is generous to a fault in his home state and Detroit and beyond...often times on the down low. He is a wild and crazy guy but hey this is Rock n Roll Baby! Give him a chance he will rock your socks off with many catchy riffs! Think of the lengthy list of performers he has worked with....He wants to pass it on just as Keith does....enjoy the show!

Kid Rock is on the down low?!?! Ya think Pam knows? grinning smiley drinking smiley eye popping smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 1, 2015 07:58

crumbling_mice

I remember being at Kebworth in 79, i was there primarily to see Zeppelin, they were plaing two saturdays in August the 4th andn 11th. Initially it was supposed to be one show but due to demand they put on a second and that is the one I ended up with a ticket for.
!

Really wasn't that much demand after all. Peter Grant cooked the books. The promoter Banister lost his business because he overestimated how popular Zeppelin was at that point.

Date: June 1, 2015 08:00

keefriffhard4life
people act like you can go out and kill anything and its ok. if kid rock killed that large cat in the wild that means the state gave him a license to kill it because there are too many in the wild and its throwing off the balance of the other wildlife in the ecosystem. if he did kill this in the wild without a license then he'd be in jail by now

Yeah but do ya think it was a fair fight? winking smiley

As someone who has spent considerable time protecting wild cats around the world all I can say is there will probably be a time in the not too distant future where there won't be any left. They are pretty awesome animals and killing the biggest and best trophy cats is not exactly the best strategy to balance the ecosystem. I could go deep on the subject and as a hunter have a pretty balanced view on it but this is not the place to do it. Check these guys out for some of the best info, photos and education available, imho.

[www.felidaefund.org]

peace

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:11

latvianinexile

But I will for sure boycott Kid Rock in the future. He is an undereducated idiot.

What he did tonight was inappropriate for a Rock concert, even more for a Stones concert, when the Stones in the past have said a thousand times that they are not making political statements or taking sides publicly.

Tonight Kid Rock presented on stage the killer of Osama Bin Laden and said something like because of him we can be here tonight...

My God lets hope you are joking. The killing of Bin Laden is supposed to be controversial? So many people just look for reasons to be offended.

If we wanted to get political here I could make a list of musicians who have backed a lot worse things then killing Bin Laden that I am sure you have seen. But I guess we can't go there. I agree with the Big cat outrage, I am totally against killing anything or anyone who is innocent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 08:30 by stanlove.

Date: June 1, 2015 08:36

Naturalust
keefriffhard4life

Yeah but do ya think it was a fair fight? winking smiley

As someone who has spent considerable time protecting wild cats around the world all I can say is there will probably be a time in the not too distant future where there won't be any left. They are pretty awesome animals and killing the biggest and best trophy cats is not exactly the best strategy to balance the ecosystem. I could go deep on the subject and as a hunter have a pretty balanced view on it but this is not the place to do it. Check these guys out for some of the best info, photos and education available, imho.

[www.felidaefund.org]

peace

hunting is never a fair fight but if the state gave him a license for that he is not at fault. are we sure its not a caged hunt though?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:55

I don't think Ed Shereen(sp) necessarily fits the Stones audience. He opens
In KC. In my opinion, Kid Rock should be well accepted. However, since Kid Rock
only charges $20 for his regular concerts - this would be an expensive show for his fan base.

Date: June 1, 2015 10:02

keefriffhard4life
hunting is never a fair fight but if the state gave him a license for that he is not at fault. are we sure its not a caged hunt though?

No idea and I'm not insinuating anyone's at fault here. What I do know is that hunting permits are a hugely political business in most states and proper ecological management often takes a back seat to business, politics and other emotional factors. Animals like big wild cats are rarely the winners when the day is done.

I was told a story by one of my good friends about hunting cougars in California. She will be 103 years old this November and owned a large ranch in the coastal mountain range near Santa Cruz. A couple of brothers were hired by the state in the 1920's to kill all the lions they could, and were paid handsomely for their efforts. They started in the mountains of Big Sur in central CA and ended at the Oregon border. They used traps, poisoned carcasses and other pretty inhumane but highly effective methods and basically wiped out a majority of these animals in one fell swoop. No doubt plenty of other animals were killed in the process. The population has never really recovered fully from that and other similar human activities and although some areas have seen relatively healthy and increased populations, genetic diversity continues to be a problem.

I know this probably has little to do with Kid Rocks hunt but I told the story to give a bit of understanding on how wild cats in general have been historically treated. As a vegetable farmer I love 'em cause they keep the deer populations in check but the cattle farmers think they should be wiped from the face of the earth. Kind of ironic that the official state animal for California is the California Grizzly bear but they have been extinct there since the 1920's.

Anyway you got me started but I'd better end it there for obvious reasons.

peace

Date: June 1, 2015 13:37

latvianinexile

eye rolling smiley

Date: June 1, 2015 13:44

stanlove
latvianinexile

My God lets hope you are joking. The killing of Bin Laden is supposed to be controversial? So many people just look for reasons to be offended.

If we wanted to get political here I could make a list of musicians who have backed a lot worse things then killing Bin Laden that I am sure you have seen. But I guess we can't go there. I agree with the Big cat outrage, I am totally against killing anything or anyone who is innocent.

It's probably not the killing people are offended by, but the cocky, ignorant and ludicrous statement – that this killing have anything remotely to do with people being able to attend Stones shows...

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:42

Kid Rock is cool

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:47

KId Rock hasn't had an original thought in his entire life. He is the worst of the ignorant white trash in America. The idea that The Stones would hook up with him is quite a surprise, Next it will be Ted Nugent, whatever happened to the elegant Rolling Stones?

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:51

I hope to meet this guy so I can give him a bar of soap. He's a piece of dirt. I got to the Stadium late but got a chance to flip him off a bunch of times.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home