Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: pooroldgrandad ()
Date: June 19, 2015 09:11

Run Time: 56 minutes
and little photos on the left of the package are very similar to what we've seen.

I'm afraid it's just a restore version of Granada TV.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 19, 2015 09:27

pepganzo
Was this concert recorded with their mobile studio?

From Zentgraf:
Soundboard recording was made by Ray Prickett for Granada Television with
the Pye Mobile Recording Studio.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 19, 2015 15:15

I get the feeling, that this will be a US/CA-only re-release of the well known "Stones at the Park"-Movie. Someone in the SteveHoffmann-Forum stated, that it was never released in North America. Is this correct?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 19, 2015 15:29

Every version I have ever seen is an import. I have even purchased the incorrect region dvd before, and returned it, so yes, I believe that is correct, muenke.

Date: June 19, 2015 15:35

Tate
Every version I have ever seen is an import. I have even purchased the incorrect region dvd before, and returned it, so yes, I believe that is correct, muenke.

Thanks! So let´s hope, this one will have at least a (much) better A/V-Quality ...

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 16:32

TeddyB1018
It would be disappointing if there were no extended and hopefully remixed audio/CD.

Indeed. If we can't get the full concert on dvd (lack of footage??), maybe there won't be an issue with getting the whole concert in cleaned-up audio form. (Unless there's an issue with royalties/copyrights with certain tunes).

Thoughts??

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 20, 2015 17:06

achilles77
TeddyB1018
It would be disappointing if there were no extended and hopefully remixed audio/CD.

Indeed. If we can't get the full concert on dvd (lack of footage??), maybe there won't be an issue with getting the whole concert in cleaned-up audio form. (Unless there's an issue with royalties/copyrights with certain tunes).

Thoughts??

Who knows. But one thing seems certain: that it's something (quite?) different and better than The Stones In The Park DVD from 2006. Otherwise this upcoming release wouldn't make any sense.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 20, 2015 17:09

I want two things

1.) the full version vom sympathy
2) a vinyl release

anybody more information for us ?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 20, 2015 20:47

Hopefully it will at least be edited differently than the horrible Grenada TV edit

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 23:15

It's pretty clear that the main title is just Stones in the Park, hopefully cleaned up audio and video-wise. It looks like all we can hope for on the video end is extras, those already released and whatever else might be available. The version in Sweet Summer Sun had no extras, and no improvement to the audio. The other, possibly fading hope, is for a more complete CD component.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 21:32

I have purchased all the vault releases, first the online ones from Google Play and then the physical releases in the CD/DVD sets. If this is how they end up releasing it, with no audio discs, it will be the first of the series I don't buy.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:00

muenke
Tate

Thanks! So let´s hope, this one will have at least a (much) better A/V-Quality ...

It does say "surround sound."

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 22, 2015 05:07

1969Fan
The recording quality of the MSG shows is much better than the recording quality of the Altamont performance

Two different recording outfits.

Altamont was recorded by Bob and Betty of Grateful Dead fame. (they were actually looking to sell the master a few years ago).

The recording equipment was also subjected to the weather/temperature changes, not to mention a very inconsistent electrical supply. They were using shared generators at the show, so the recording was frequently affected by surges etc.

The commentary on the Gimme Shelter DVD goes into some details about this and how the restoration of the audio for those tracks was particularly challenging.

J

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 22, 2015 07:19

Being recorded with Pye's Mobile Studio it stands to reason it's in stereo (and surround). Versions we've seen through the years are either pirates or not band sanction releases. I think we'll be just as shocked as we are with Leeds, Roundhouse and The Marquee. I'm looking forward to it.

Date: June 22, 2015 10:59

Amazon.com has the DVD listed as "Region 1", "U.S. and Canada only" ... This is not a really good sign sad smiley

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:23

According to this website [http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news.html] this is a North America release only, and will be the usual version we all know. This is because Granada TV hold the rights for UK and Europe, but not for N. America, so Eagle Rock are releasing it there. Makes some sort of sense I suppose, but a disappointment if correct...

Date: June 22, 2015 13:44

martinw
According to this website [http://www.sympathyforthedevils.com/news.html] this is a North America release only, and will be the usual version we all know. This is because Granada TV hold the rights for UK and Europe, but not for N. America, so Eagle Rock are releasing it there. Makes some sort of sense I suppose, but a disappointment if correct...

Yes, I think we can skip this one ...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 22, 2015 14:07

muenke
martinw

Yep, case closed, unfortunately.

Date: June 22, 2015 15:00

kleermaker
muenke
martinw

Yep, case closed, unfortunately.

And to be honest: a full HP69 just a few weeks after all this 71-stuff would have been a little bit too much ... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: June 22, 2015 15:34

...but it's not what we all expected if they call it 'From The Vaults'...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:39

Never upgraded my video from crappy bootleg DVD, so just preordered this in Blu-ray. Wow, lots of releases lately!!!drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 22, 2015 16:49

I hope and pray that the next "From The Vaults"-releases will not be just re-releases of previously released video material like "Let's Spend The Night Together", "From The Max" and the like under the "Vaults"-banner, using it simply as a marketing tool, but not in the way what we fans expect from this series...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 24, 2015 02:10

if it is the Granada film, i think this deserve at least the complete concert on cd...

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 27, 2015 14:52

Has there been any more information on this Hyde Park 1969 release? Track listings, etc... I'm sure it would have been posted here but asking for a friend. Thanks

Released by Universal Music Group

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YAWJ4OW/ref=pe_164370_141620640_em_1p_2_ti

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-rolling-stones-from-the-vault-hyde-park-1969.438937/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Rolling-Stones-From-the-Vault-Hyde-Park-1969-Blu-ray/133081/

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2015 15:32

not sure i'll get this one.

what the hell am I saying, of course i'll get this one.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:28

I'm not sure if this has been posted here or elsewhere, but the Marquee Club DVD/CD combo sold at Best Buy has a "Only at Best Buy $3.00 off coupon Hyde Park Live 1969 [Blu-ray or DVD] available 7.24.15" coupon included in the booklet. The photo on the coupon has the "From the Vault" logo and the photo that was posted above. FYI

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 21:00

i already ahd the vhs release of stones in the park and upgraded to the dvd release, would like to see and hear the full gig though with every song included.

another point is that all these dvd vault releases dont work on british dvd systems, and no im not going to buy a dvd player that converts to US systems, why should i, have bought many stones dvd,s over the years and would like to continue my collection on the dvd player i have, the band should be a bit more considerate on this issue, they are british after all.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 27, 2015 22:15

The [www.amazon.com] link says "Run Time: 56 minutes" - that's the same as the already released 'The Stones in the Park' ....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2015 23:12

Eh, we'll bitch and moan about the length, blah, blah. Then someone will buy it, say the Blu Ray is dazzling, the sound stupendous, compare to anything we've seen, and I'll pony up the small asking price.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:35

24FPS
Eh, we'll bitch and moan about the length, blah, blah. Then someone will buy it, say the Blu Ray is dazzling, the sound stupendous, compare to anything we've seen, and I'll pony up the small asking price.

exactly...the line up for kool aid incidentally, starts to the right.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home