Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Song Vote - Columbus
Date: May 30, 2015 00:51

jazzbass
Heartbreaker would be my vote. (and hope) Likely though will be Paint it Black or Shattered. Both have been played this tour (at club gigs) I don't think they'll play another Sticky Fingers song for the fan vote, because the fan vote follows the SF segment. (At least at the San Diego show) So, 50/50 for Shattered/PIB would be my guess.

That would figure. They like to repeat themselves these days.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:53

eyesoftheworld
Naturalust
That was actually the toughest vote yet. Wish they'd play ALL those tunes!

But in the interest of a good rock show I voted for Heartbreaker, not without a bit of guilt since I won't be there to hear it.

peace

I agree, all four are bangers.
I went with Heartbreaker because I know it's rare, but I certainly like the others too.

It would be awesome if they would get Chuck or Matt to play Billy Preston's intro licks loudly and correctly. Preston's part was one of the things that made the tune so devastating. Starting with that funky clav, then the guitar joining then some wah wah...it would make the tune a true highlight again!

But please not the cheesy keyboard sound from the 2005 ABB tour. If that's all ya got, the guitars will be just fine. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:54

Tops
Paint It Black

thumbs up
Paint it Black (after Kid Rock is UP)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:35

Heartbreaker was my vote, too.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2015 11:30

Beast

thumbs up Same here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:50

with sssoul
Shattered!

your brains been battered

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:51

mjmjr
Dear Muck,

Please no Dead Flowers duet with Kid Rock.....I'm begging you

ROFL

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 30, 2015 18:48

Of course...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:10

Shattered

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:23

"The Police in New York City"....

I chose Heartbreaker.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:24

Beast

Me too.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 20:57

yeababyyea
Why do they even put Paint It Black in that list?? To provoke?
It's not like the setlist needs more warhorses...

Argeed. Voting for Paint It Black is like voting for Miss You. If I remember right PIB was played at all the concerts on the 2013 US-tour.

Even though I'm not attending the show I'm certainly hoping for Heartbreaker.
If they don't play Heartbreaker tonight my excitement for this tour drops by 20%.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:12

I PRAY Kid Rock joins them. Please Jesus!!!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:21

Without a published running total on this song vote, I get the feeling Mick just picks which song he wants to play anyway. If it's not Heartbreaker in Columbus my suspicions will be confirmed.

peace

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:29

treaclefingers
with sssoul
Shattered!

Splattered all over - so splattered that I forgot to vote, actually :E
So that counts double, right? For imitating art

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:54

would go for heartbreaker or shattered. both great 70,s rockers and largely ignored in concert.

paint it black is a warhorse anyway and dead flowers has been played recently.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:12

I went with Heartbreaker.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:25

Naturalust
Without a published running total on this song vote, I get the feeling Mick just picks which song he wants to play anyway. If it's not Heartbreaker in Columbus my suspicions will be confirmed.

peace

It's a total fix! But I still keep voting in the (vain) hope that some kind of message might get across if enough people vote for a particular song each time.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:39

Shittiest selection of songs. Shattered is such an overplayed live song and one of the worst on Some Girls. Paint It Black is a warhorse and shouldn't be a "vote" song. Dead Flowers is a Sticky Fingers track that they should be playing because they're touring that album. To take up the "vote" slot with that is laughable. The only real song that should be played here is obviously Heartbreaker, which is an awesome song. Too bad there aren't more songs of its calibre being voted upon.

Date: May 31, 2015 01:47

RollingFreak
Shittiest selection of songs. Shattered is such an overplayed live song and one of the worst on Some Girls. Paint It Black is a warhorse and shouldn't be a "vote" song. Dead Flowers is a Sticky Fingers track that they should be playing because they're touring that album. To take up the "vote" slot with that is laughable. The only real song that should be played here is obviously Heartbreaker, which is an awesome song. Too bad there aren't more songs of its calibre being voted upon.

I agree with you except for Shattered, I used to hate it but fell in love with it this year. But still, it's not a song ANYONE is urging to hear.

It could have been worse though, imagine if Emotional Rescue had been in the list instead of Heartbreaker for instance...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 01:47 by EasterMan.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:02

Shattered isn't exactly overplayed as of late. I voted Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, but I'd be interested how fast they do Shattered these days.

Date: May 31, 2015 02:22

Nikkei
Shattered isn't exactly overplayed as of late. I voted Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, but I'd be interested how fast they do Shattered these days.

Shattered was played in 2013. So probably something like this:

Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:36

Hoping for Heartbreaker. Guitars good and loud!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:44

Thanks, Easterman. That's reasonably fast. I looked at the Twitter votes and Paint It Black seems to lead there, though.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:46

I'd hope for Heartbreaker. MEZ

Date: May 31, 2015 02:48

BITCH duet with Kid Rawk!!

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:13

The fans vote for the song they know the best. That's why Paint it Black is winning. The Stones know this, so they also know what's going to win.

It would be nice if they put all the songs that don't win in the pool for the next concert, until everything gets played at least once.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:34

Gfmsoccer
The fans vote for the song they know the best. That's why Paint it Black is winning. The Stones know this, so they also know what's going to win.

It would be nice if they put all the songs that don't win in the pool for the next concert, until everything gets played at least once.

Or just drop the charade altogether ....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2015 03:50

with sssoul
treaclefingers
with sssoul
Shattered!

Splattered all over - so splattered that I forgot to vote, actually :E
So that counts double, right? For imitating art

bite the big apple, don't mind the maggots.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 31, 2015 06:51

JTHanis
Gfmsoccer

Or just drop the charade altogether ....
Agreed. They pick it out beforehand. Half the time it IS Dead Flowers, and that might not even be on the vote (you get what I mean? They play that as the "vote" song alot).

Its not real, it was a cool little novelty, but if you're gonna have one like Columbus there's no point doing it. Just play Paint It Black like everyone expects, and as they did tonight of course. To think the Stones are a band that doesn't know 3 days in advance what they'll be playing... well... I guess its a nice thought for those young ens that think they are god.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home