Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SATISFACTION ON 12" VINYL 50TH ANN.
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:15

NEWS FLASH The Rolling Stones‘ 1965 single (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction is being reissued as a special 50th Anniversary 12-inch vinyl single in July.

The 45 was the group’s fourth UK number one and also hit the top spot in America (where it was actually issued a few months ahead of the British release).

This new edition is numbered, pressed on 180g vinyl and includes The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man and The Spider and the Fly, which were the US and UK B-sides respectively. The record has been cut from the original mono master tapes.

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary 12-inch will be released on 9 July 2015.

• UK Pre-order: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary
• USA Pre-order: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary
• CANADA Pre-order: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary
• GERMANY Pre-order: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary
• FRANCE Pre-order: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary
• ITALY Pre-order: (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary
Side 1
1. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Side 2
1. The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
2. The Spider and the Fly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 17:16 by DECCA61.

Re: SATISFACTION ON 12" VINYL 50TH ANN.
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 17:31

already pre ordered it

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 10, 2015 12:07

Did anyone get this? How is the quality?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2015 12:10

Waiting for mine to arrive.

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: July 10, 2015 12:56

Mine arrived yesterday. The actual pressing/sound quality is excellent - original mono mixes of all three tracks. The label is the old London orange swirl used for promo records. Mine is number 5259 of 20,000. Is 20,000 for a 12" single really a limited edition these days?

However, bearing in mind this is factory sealed, there are a set of fingerprints on the playing surface of both sides. This has happened on a few occasions recently where I have bought brand new, factory sealed records. I assume this must happen in the packing plant - do people just not know how to handle records nowadays?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-10 13:01 by martinw.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2015 13:10

Date: July 10, 2015 13:55

martinw
Mine arrived yesterday. The actual pressing/sound quality is excellent - original mono mixes of all three tracks. The label is the old London orange swirl used for promo records. Mine is number 5259 of 20,000. Is 20,000 for a 12" single really a limited edition these days?

However, bearing in mind this is factory sealed, there are a set of fingerprints on the playing surface of both sides. This has happened on a few occasions recently where I have bought brand new, factory sealed records. I assume this must happen in the packing plant - do people just not know how to handle records nowadays?

Unfortunately, the most efficient way to pack a record appears to be to grab it with fingers placed firmly on the vinyl surface. Sometimes the person who packed my vinyl seems like he had Fried chicken for lunch.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2015 16:51

These days it seems I constantly have 'new' Stones vinyl and other formats that I'm patiently waiting to have delivered.

You can't complain they aren't figuring out new ways to spend our money!

Will we get a 50th Anniversary edition of Paint It Black Next year?

Date: July 10, 2015 17:09

A Jumping Jack Flash/Child of the Moon release would be perfect. And then how about a re-release of the Street Fighting Man single with the riot squad cover along with the Beast of Burden single with the woman and the lion.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: July 10, 2015 17:39

...or a 40th Anniversary release next year of the Hot Stuff 12" single.

Can't believe it's 40 years since that was released.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 10, 2015 19:31

Got mine today. Till now I didn't realise it's a 12", I expected a small vinyl singel, instead I got this wonderfull big LP like item. I think I'm not going to open the seal, so it stays brand new.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:05

From [www.abkco.com] :

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 50th Anniversary Edition

ABKCO Records is celebrating the golden anniversary of “Satisfaction” achieving #1 status by releasing a limited edition, numbered 12-inch version of the single on 180-gram vinyl. While the smash hit comprises the entire A-side, the B-side consists of both original U.S. and UK “Satisfaction” flip sides: “The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man” and “The Spider and the Fly,” respectively. The record is housed in a sleeve featuring award-winning photographer David Bailey’s shot of the group, recreating the original 7-inch single artwork. Mastered by Carl Rowatti at Trutone Mastering Labs and cut from the original mono master tapes, the 45-rpm 12-inch format makes this a true audiophile pressing, allowing for wider grooves that yield louder levels, broader range, deeper bass and better high frequency response.

Pressed by Quality Record Pressings in Salina, KS, and limited to 10,000 numbered copies in North America, ABKCO’s “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” 12-inch single is released a half-century to the day after the landmark song dominated U.S. charts and helped transform the course of pop music history.

ROLLING STONES’ “(I Can’t Get No) SATISFACTION” 12-inch

Side A
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Side B
The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
The Spider and the Fly

© 2015 ABKCO Music & Records, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:18

Is the version of Under Assistant the longer one with the "busting my ass everyday" line at the end?

Date: July 10, 2015 22:26

GJV
Got mine today. Till now I didn't realise it's a 12", I expected a small vinyl singel, instead I got this wonderfull big LP like item. I think I'm not going to open the seal, so it stays brand new.

Shoulda bought two dude! Play copy and collector copy...everyone knows that!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:37

treaclefingers
GJV

I got 2 !! >grinning smiley<

Date: July 10, 2015 23:08

treaclefingers
GJV

Ok, you convinced me: I buy another one!cool smiley

Date: July 10, 2015 23:22

GJV
treaclefingers
GJV

Ok, you convinced me: I buy another one!cool smiley

I feel bad I convinced you to spend more money...I always buy two copies for that reason!

Date: July 11, 2015 00:54

Don't feel bad. I already thought this afternoon: "I wish I had another one!" I just needed the push to buy another one!

Date: July 11, 2015 02:45

I opened mine. Playing "Spider and the Fly". Everything is so clear - Mick's harp, Keith and Brian weaving on guitars, Bill and Charlie . .

"she said my my my, don't tell lies
keep fidelity in your head . . "

F-ing great.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 07:14

Where is it numbered? On the LP or the sleeve?

Date: July 11, 2015 16:43

Back of sleeve.I didn't open it yet, so I can't say anything about the LP itself.

Posted by: mpj105 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 18:54

If I remember correctly some years ago was released a a tribute CD entirely dedicated to this song, 20 versions I think.
I wonder if it's still available somewhere....

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 6, 2015 03:16

Anyone bought this Japan-only release : [www.discogs.com] ?

On the obi it's written it's a new 2015 mastering and is limited to 5000 copies.
It has the same track listing as on the 12" vinyl reissue but all tracks are in stereo.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 6, 2015 04:43

drbryant
martinw

Unfortunately, the most efficient way to pack a record appears to be to grab it with fingers placed firmly on the vinyl surface. Sometimes the person who packed my vinyl seems like he had Fried chicken for lunch.

Glad this thread was brought back up.

So is this limited to 20,000 or 10,000?

Irix posted above: "limited to 10,000 numbered copies in North America"
Is there another 10,000 for Great Britain and the rest of the world?

I bought two via pre-order way back when in April, and received them in July - #'s 2801 and 2802.
Opened one and it's in mint/stellar condition without a trace of fingerprints, etc. All around, it's a really nice addition to the collection - nothing like brand new vinyl!

Haven't listened yet as I'm in the process of renovating/reconfiguring studio with a giant 15 by 15 foot section of wall dedicated solely to vinyl.
Organizing and categorizing is taking longer than expected, doing bits and pieces here and there when time allows, but that's part of the fun...rediscovering buried treasures.

I see it's still available on amazon, so the demand wasn't as high as as they might have expected.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2015 04:44

Anyone bought this Japan-only release Yeah grabbed four of 'em

ROCKMAN

Date: December 6, 2015 14:18

Rockman
Anyone bought this Japan-only release Yeah grabbed four of 'em

Cool. Can you confirm the tracks are in stereo?

Date: December 6, 2015 17:36

Hairball
drbryant
martinw

Glad this thread was brought back up.

So is this limited to 20,000 or 10,000?

Irix posted above: "limited to 10,000 numbered copies in North America"
Is there another 10,000 for Great Britain and the rest of the world?

I bought two via pre-order way back when in April, and received them in July - #'s 2801 and 2802.
Opened one and it's in mint/stellar condition without a trace of fingerprints, etc. All around, it's a really nice addition to the collection - nothing like brand new vinyl!

Haven't listened yet as I'm in the process of renovating/reconfiguring studio with a giant 15 by 15 foot section of wall dedicated solely to vinyl.
Organizing and categorizing is taking longer than expected, doing bits and pieces here and there when time allows, but that's part of the fun...rediscovering buried treasures.

I see it's still available on amazon, so the demand wasn't as high as as they might have expected.

I win, mine are numbered 2316 and 2320

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: December 6, 2015 18:34

kowalski

On the obi it's written it's a new 2015 mastering and is limited to 5000 copies.
It has the same track listing as on the 12" vinyl reissue but all tracks are in stereo.

Don't hold your breath. I'll bet it's excactly the same mono versions as we are used to. It's not the first time the remasters have been mislabled as stereo, when they were in fact mono. Same thing happend with the singles boxes ten years ago and with Rolled Gold+ in 2007.

Date: December 8, 2015 05:33

Blueranger
kowalski

Don't hold your breath. I'll bet it's excactly the same mono versions as we are used to. It's not the first time the remasters have been mislabled as stereo, when they were in fact mono. Same thing happend with the singles boxes ten years ago and with Rolled Gold+ in 2007.

I've finally found a copy. You're right, it's still the mono mix. It sounds really good though, but just possibly a bit louder than the previous releases.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 8, 2015 08:51

Darn, sorry to hear it's not Stereo. That would have been a great idea.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home