Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Private Stones Show Poll
Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: June 1, 2015 23:41

We probably want to do this on some crowd funding site. One that puts the money into escrow until the event happens, or otherwise returns your money if the event does not happen. I'm 100% in, but I don't see another reasonable way of collecting so much money without a confirmation.

Posted by: ROLF ()
Date: June 1, 2015 23:43

Please count me in- 2 Tickets - smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 2, 2015 00:10

joshbg2k
We probably want to do this on some crowd funding site. One that puts the money into escrow until the event happens, or otherwise returns your money if the event does not happen. I'm 100% in, but I don't see another reasonable way of collecting so much money without a confirmation.

Do you want my bank account....I will send you a confirmation grinning smiley

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 2, 2015 01:06

Seems some are "in" for $1,000, others for $3,000, others for $2,000 if it is in London or if in NY or if in LA.

So...how many are in for whatever the actual cost per person will be and are still in if they have to fly to the other side of the planet too? That seems to me a better way to take this poll rather than who will pay something to see the Stones down the street.

Is there any count on say how many will pay $3,000 per ticket even if they have to fly around the world? That would be a firmer number...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 01:09

sdstonesguy
Seems some are "in" for $1,000, others for $3,000, others for $2,000 if it is in London or if in NY or if in LA.

So...how many are in for whatever the actual cost per person will be and are still in if they have to fly to the other side of the planet too? That seems to me a better way to take this poll rather than who will pay something to see the Stones down the street.

Is there any count on say how many will pay $3,000 per ticket even if they have to fly around the world? That would be a firmer number...

i think this time around is just to get a rough sense of if the idea would work. clearly there needs to be a more specific vote/commitment made, probably using a crowdfunding site, when the rubber hits the road.

Date: June 2, 2015 01:54

I guess so...but you could get 1,000 people here to say "sure, I'll pay something to see them somewhere" but that doesn't seem to be too valuable. Whatever...it's all fantasy anyway...if it makes folks feel good...no harm...just putting forth something to make this valuable if anyone thinks it is possible.

So I guess so far there are maybe 100 people who will pay something to see them somewhere. Once that gets to what, 3,000 can the specifics come out which will reduce that number to the 1,000 needed?

Maybe a better start would be who will pay $3,000/ticket to see the Stones in a small venue somewhere? At least then you have a realistic ticket price (maybe it's a bit high, but that weeds out those who drop off when it goes from $2,000 to $2,500...).

However, since you said this is just to judge interest...then count me in!

I'll pay something to see them somewhere too! I won't even demand set-list input...that should move me to the top 10% of interest!

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG MEMBERS HERE
Date: June 2, 2015 01:54

ohotos
I would pledge $1000 if this would happen in NY. Not a millionaire here who can spend big dough for one evening.

case in point...

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: June 2, 2015 02:05

Of course. +3 from France.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 2, 2015 08:15

SoCalStone
Count me in if the Show is in the United States. This would be fantastic.

On a different note, did any of you pay the membership fee for the Rolling Stones back around the 2003-2007 timeframe? I remember paying the $100 per year fee for a couple years and it got me access to some really great tickets.
It seems that if the stones offered something like this again, it could maybe accomplish something similar....access to theater shows for fans and keeping the scalpers out.
But like I said, if somehow this IORR private gig effort gets traction, I'm in!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So how did that work out? Was it successful? Did the fans like it? Did The Stones like it? Why did it stop?

Who did the fans actually pay the $100 to? Was it directly to The Rolling Stones company or whatever you'd call The RS org??

I'm so glad I found this post by SoCalStone.

I was just getting ready to ask a question about this because of something that was said to me about it. At the SD concert there was a guy sitting on my left to whom I casually remarked something to the effect of too bad there aren't fan clubs anymore that would help the members get good seats at RS concerts. He told me there use to be something like that not so many years ago. He said that for a certain fee the members were given something-I can't recall exactly what he said but it had to do with concert tickets. I believe his name is Jeff. He was 6' 5" inches tall with blonde hair, maybe in his late 30's or 40's from NYC but he works in the Middle East. Anyway, he seemed credible, but I haven't done a Search on this web site to try to see any old threads there may have been re. this topic.

Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:45

I'm interested in this smiling smiley (live in Finland)

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:49

Absolutely!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:13

tauk
So how did that work out? Was it successful? Did the fans like it? Did The Stones like it? Why did it stop?

Who did the fans actually pay the $100 to? Was it directly to The Rolling Stones company or whatever you'd call The RS org??

Tauk dear, this isn't the right thread for a discussion of the so-called fan club but: 1] The $100 went to whomever Stones Inc. licensed the fanclub rights to; 2] the presales were a VERY mixed bag, and miles of people felt sorely ripped off; and 3] to this day no one's received one of the prizes we were promised just for signing up (a second DVD, to follow the one that was finally delivered about three years late).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2015 17:19

with sssoul
tauk

Tauk dear, this isn't the right thread for a discussion of the so-called fan club but: 1] The $100 went to whomever Stones Inc. licensed the fanclub rights to; 2] the presales were a VERY mixed bag, and miles of people felt sorely ripped off; and 3] to this day no one's received one of the prizes we were promised just for signing up (a second DVD, to follow the one that was finally delivered about three years late).

I did get a tonne of stuff, a t shirt, massive poster, baseball hat, the DVD in the 'tin can' and some other 'stuff' like fan club membership card (exactly, who cares?).

So maybe I'm the only one out there that got everything. That said, all I really cared about was the presale access.

As far as a second DVD was concerned, never even heard of that before....what was that supposed to contain?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 2, 2015 19:19

Would do it in a heartbeat. I suppose location would have to be one of the major cities, most preferably where Stones rehearse (like Paris, London, NYC, LA).

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:33

I'm in - but only if the concert is held in Bude, Cornwall.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 2, 2015 21:37

I think it is a great idea. I am in.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: June 2, 2015 23:38

Count me in!
But,
Breaking this down:
For a $2,000,000 Stones gig you need only 2000 people to pay $1000. This is reasonable and do-able.

If you ask $3000/ticket than you are limiting the ticket sales to 666 which is too small.

If you want to charge $2000/ticket, that will be 1000 tickets sold.
If you get a 1500 seat venue it will cost $1334/ticket, also do-able and reasonable.

First thing you need to do is decide on the venue, where it is, and how many people it holds. Then you can divide it up per ticket and maybe charge an additional $100/ticket fee to cover some extra costs.

Otherwise everyone is saying YES but they have no idea what they are saying yes to, exactly, so people are going to drop out later when they get the facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-02 23:47 by BitchKeepsBitchin.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:24

with sssoul
tauk

To sssoul:
I'm sorry that it was such a bad deal for most people. Seems like a bad topic to even remember/think about.sad smiley Thanks for your info.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 3, 2015 10:10

We're getting more and more interestthumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:09

This whole tour ends in about 5 weeks...is there a plan to do it during some hoped for future tour, South America perhaps?

Not to be a spoiled sport, but you can't think that at this point you'd be able to secure a date for sometime in the next 5 weeks, especially without having the money already in hand.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: June 4, 2015 05:18

I'm interested.

Posted by: SoCalStone ()
Date: June 5, 2015 18:57

tauk
with sssoul
tauk

To sssoul:
I'm sorry that it was such a bad deal for most people. Seems like a bad topic to even remember/think about.sad smiley Thanks for your info.

Wasn't a bad deal at all for me. I got access to row 20 tickets on the field for a show in San Francisco in 2002 and tickets in row 5 in the Pool Circle at Hollywood Bowl in 2005. Those tickets were ONLY because of my access based on being a fan club member. And I got the cheesy DVD and baseball hat too, which I really didn't care about anyways. It was the best $100 I ever spent regarding Stones tickets.

Date: June 7, 2015 15:42

HopeYouGuessMyName is IN

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:18

I paid $100.00 for a platinum membership or something like that during the Licks tour. I received a chance to get pre-sale tickets. I also received a free very limited edition tour DVD, a signed poster a membership card with my name and address on it. I also got a nice baseball hat with the chippy tongue for the Bigger Bang tour. I had the membership for a few years until they did away with it. Plus members had access to post on the forum of rollingstones.com. I thought it was worth it for $100.00 a year. I would love to see something like that again.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:27

I would totally pledge $1000.00 per ticket for this private gig in the United States preferably East Coast. New York, Philadelphia or Boston would be best for me. I would travel to Chicago though for this if given enough of a notice to make arrangements for travel. Next summer would be best for me. Already spent to much for the shows that I am going to see this summer. Need time to replenish funds.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:35

I'm definitely in.

Re fan club: I joined a Stones fan club when I was a kid. I got the Beggars Banquet magazine and some other cheap stuff -- "Rolling Stones Collector's Kit."
I tweeted a pic of my welcome letter a couple of years ago when I was going through my old albums. That was fun.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:43

As i said earlier, Im a groupie, so Im with the bandsmiling smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:34

I'm out.
Please take into account.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 14:41

We definitely need the help of a generous millionaire who will finance a show or two for us, 'cause we are worth itgrinning smiley

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG MEMBERS HERE
Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:01

sdstonesguy
ohotos
I would pledge $1000 if this would happen in NY. Not a millionaire here who can spend big dough for one evening.

case in point...

Thanks for singling me out as THE poor guy! tongue sticking out smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home