Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG MEMBERS HERE
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:15

So, you lot are going to buy The Rolling Stones? Good luck to you!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:15

Stoneage
So, you lot are going to buy The Rolling Stones? Good luck to you!

That´s how it works you know.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:16

makemeburnthecandle
"Ticket" cost should be aligned with seats. If everyone contributes 3000, who gets the front row?

Those who pay $29.50 for Lucky Dip.

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE
Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:24

Yes
USA

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:25

NEVER EVER! - unless there's a lucky dip option for max. $ 100

(I'm only willing to pay more if I'm the one who decides on at least half of the setlist!)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:35

The Idea of a Club Show sponsored by fans is not new and has already been discussed here on IORR twice: [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org] .

Date: May 28, 2015 21:39

Irix
The Idea of a Club Show sponsored by fans is not new and has already been discussed here on IORR twice: [www.iorr.org] and [www.iorr.org] .

So what? This is not another discussion thread, it´s a poll to see how many that would be seriously interested instead of whining and being negative.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:41

Count me in

Date: May 28, 2015 21:41

The idea was good private concert for us? the biggest problem would agree with the place and the songs we want to hear . I would do it in a neutral place where we could get todos.A I would like to hear ¨ 2000 Mån

Sergio

Date: May 28, 2015 21:45

buenosairesstones
The idea was good private concert for us? the biggest problem would agree with the place and the songs we want to hear . I would do it in a neutral place where we could get todos.A I would like to hear ¨ 2000 Mån

Sergio

The venue would hardly be a problem at all since there for example in London or New York are many small clubs/theatres that would be perfect.

Regarding the setlist, that would not be a problem either since i´m sure we could vote among 30-40 songs that they could agree to play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 21:47 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
buenosairesstones

Sergio

The venue would hardly be a problem at all since there for example in London or New York are many small clubs/theatres that would be perfect.

Regarding the setlist, that would not be a problem either since i´m sure we could vote among 30-40 songs that they could agree to play.

some big assumptions here;
1. you would have to line up the show alongside where the Stones were at any given point; If you want them to play in NYC, they need to be in NYC otherwise you're in for another couple of hundred thou to get them there.
2.London/NYC is fine until you realise you are trying to stage a Rolling Stones show with a select audience in one of the busiest cities in the world; you just increased your security/traffic policing costs another 50k.
3. Notice the songs the Stones play at these private shows? sorry, but 3m gets you the warhorses and maybe 1 or 2 rarities, not a setlist of your choosing.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:53

Sounds great...vote for Europe or UK

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:00

bv may get in for free I guess!!!!?????

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:13

jrcjohnny99
JumpinJeppeFlash
buenosairesstones

Sergio

1. you would have to line up the show alongside where the Stones were at any given point; If you want them to play in NYC, they need to be in NYC otherwise you're in for another couple of hundred thou to get them there.
2.London/NYC is fine until you realise you are trying to stage a Rolling Stones show with a select audience in one of the busiest cities in the world; you just increased your security/traffic policing costs another 50k.
3. Notice the songs the Stones play at these private shows? sorry, but 3m gets you the warhorses and maybe 1 or 2 rarities, not a setlist of your choosing.

In the UK it only cost 20K to police a Premiership football match of 30,000 potentially violent opposing fans.........

Date: May 28, 2015 22:25

EddieByword
jrcjohnny99
JumpinJeppeFlash
buenosairesstones

Sergio

In the UK it only cost 20K to police a Premiership football match of 30,000 potentially violent opposing fans.........

that's based on a standing agreement between the club and the local constabulary; however, this is a one off where you would need to hire private security and cover extra police costs in the center of either NYC or London; it's well known in London that the price clubs pay doesn't actually cover the cost, in fact there was a potential refusal to cover Arsenal games from the Met at one point...
lastly, of course we're talking $ not GBP.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:26

skyhawk
bv may get in for free I guess!!!!?????

As usual!

Date: May 28, 2015 22:30

BTW; not trying to be a downer on this idea, but I think unless you let someone who's actually staged concerts before take this up and run a budget/review logistics first you are only guessing on what can or cannot be done.
If you're serious, get someone to run a feasibility study and build up some true cost model, then you can float the idea with some real numbers attached.

Date: May 28, 2015 22:31

jrcjohnny99
EddieByword
jrcjohnny99
JumpinJeppeFlash
buenosairesstones

Sergio

that's based on a standing agreement between the club and the local constabulary; however, this is a one off where you would need to hire private security and cover extra police costs in the center of either NYC or London; it's well known in London that the price clubs pay doesn't actually cover the cost, in fact there was a potential refusal to cover Arsenal games from the Met at one point...
lastly, of course we're talking $ not GBP.

That's fair enough, although that wasn't clear at the start - that still seems excesive to me - as I say, rock shows, despite the fears of the 60' & 70s scaremongers haven't really tured out to be hotspots of trouble.....so......

it's probably all moot anyhow........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 22:40 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:40

Of course I`m in!

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:59

Don't forget to leave space for 50 young model girls in front of the stage though. Otherwise it's a no deal from the commander...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:04

Cannot afford the fees but could clean the venue do some admin work.smileys with beer
C UK

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:13

UK ? I'm in for $3k 90 mins with a fan vote on 6-7 numbers.

+1

sc uk

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:29

East Coast US.. I'd be in.. I'd say if they'd do it there's just the same chance they'd do it for free. BV can point to the longtime IORR's. Best bet would be a private show at a theateror club they're already playing in. For example a couple of days after a rich guy show like yesterday. This is all a dream but stranger things have happened, imagining it is nice as well.

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:32

I'm in.
Peter, USA

Date: May 28, 2015 23:37

Count me in !

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:40

Yes.

Robberbride
NORWAY

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:46

Count me out. It's everything that is wrong with music these days...rich men paying for the entertainers to perform exclusive gigs is distasteful in all aspects and not what the spirit of rock n roll is all about.

I never thought Keith Richards would agree to these shows, but he did and what makes it worse is that it's not like the band need the money. Even fan groups paying for exclusive shows doesn;t sit comfortable with me, it's a slippery slope where performers just perform tours of private shows. Music is about accessiblity, or should be...and don;t get me started on the price of tickets!

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:54

Count me in

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:58

Only around 950 more people needed, cannot understand why someone actually would take this idea seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 23:59 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: May 28, 2015 23:58

crumbling_mice
Count me out. It's everything that is wrong with music these days...rich men paying for the entertainers to perform exclusive gigs is distasteful in all aspects and not what the spirit of rock n roll is all about.

I never thought Keith Richards would agree to these shows, but he did and what makes it worse is that it's not like the band need the money. Even fan groups paying for exclusive shows doesn;t sit comfortable with me, it's a slippery slope where performers just perform tours of private shows. Music is about accessiblity, or should be...and don;t get me started on the price of tickets!

Crumbling.... I used to sympathise with your POV but then I tried putting my self in Mick's shoes........but I still wouldn't have been able to do it because I'd have been too busy pissing myself laughing that some knob was gonna pay me $10 mill to sing 16 songs............>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home