Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bitch Extended - Revelations
Posted by: cineplexed2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:23

I love the way the Stones performed Bitch live circa 1970-1972, especially the extended "hey hey hey" part and additional riffs not on the official Sticky Fingers release.

So imagine my surprise hearing the extended version of bitch from the new Sticky Fingers reissue and learning that what I thought were concert-only additions to the song were really worked out elements from the studio that didn't make it onto the final released cut.

That was a revelation it only took 44 years to find out.

Does anyone know other songs that had/have parts performed live that can be found on studio outtakes, but not on the final official release???

Re: Bitch Extended - Revelations
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:30

Iirc HTW I had the " boulevard of Paris" verse. It was available on the "Mad Shadows" boot around 1992.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:37

In 1978 live versions of "All Down The Line", Jagger used to sing the "Sha la lee" verse of the acoustic demo of the song!...

Posted by: cineplexed2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:15

I knew about the "Boulevard" use…I know they sing it even on the Gimmie Shelter soundtrack.

But I have to check out the '78 ADTL. That's another one I didn;t know.

I'm sure there are more.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 26, 2022 22:58

Which guitar does Taylor play on the extended version. Is it the one in the left speaker that takes the solo or the one in the right speaker that plays the last note when the song ends

Date: October 26, 2022 23:27

That version has also been edited guitar wise, for sure, and for the better imo. I don't know who played what, and when it was done.

Date: October 27, 2022 01:03

TheflyingDutchman
That version has also been edited guitar wise, for sure, and for the better imo. I don't know who played what, and when it was done.
Are you talking about the one from the Sticky Fingers Deluxe? That was edited? Thanks

Date: October 27, 2022 01:13

Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman
Are you talking about the one from the Sticky Fingers Deluxe? That was edited? Thanks

Yup, this one, I like it better then the original, a bit more of a "hard rock feel". I like the power chords and the extra guitar (0:20) during the verse. Funny detail: from 2:28 and 3:25 and onwards you can hear a guitar part that Taylor used to play during live versions: playing the single a-string and octave on the d-string.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-27 01:26 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: October 27, 2022 01:32

TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman

Yup, this one, I like it better then the original, a bit more of a "hard rock feel". I like the power chords and the extra guitar (0:20) during the verse. Funny detail: from 2:28 and 3:25 and onwards you can hear a guitar part that Taylor used to play during live versions: playing the single a-string and octave on the d-string.

Thanks, Is the extra guitar Jagger?And so this is not a live take?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-27 01:34 by Taylor1.

Date: October 27, 2022 01:37

Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman

Sounds like a studio recording to me. Maybe Jagger played a few power chords, I don't know.

Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: October 27, 2022 03:07

I enjoy the extended version more than the original as well. It just has more oomph to it. I enjoy the alternate mix of Dead Flowers as well from the deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 27, 2022 03:58

Sometimes "extended version" is more akin to the finished take, or even are, than the single version etc or even the actual full version.

For example, Miss You has two "remixes" one is probably the final mixed version just edited (the UK single version has no saxophone). One of them is most likely way closer to the way it was recorded. Same with Emotional Rescue. Different mixes... but the song continues and you hear way more. Beautiful stuff. Amazing none of that has ever been released.

Unless I missed something.

Unless there's some kind of glossary we may never know how long the actual recording of a song was compared to the single or LP version.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 27, 2022 04:15

thanks for sharing!

Date: October 27, 2022 04:58

TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman
Taylor1
TheflyingDutchman

Sounds like a studio recording to me. Maybe Jagger played a few power chords, I don't know.

Live take meaning... live in the studio.

Posted by: ElectricBoogaloo ()
Date: October 27, 2022 05:23

GasLightStreet
Sometimes "extended version" is more akin to the finished take, or even are, than the single version etc or even the actual full version.

I completely agree. Sometimes an "extended" take just feels more natural.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: October 27, 2022 23:12

refrain (00:49)...
yeah when you kiss me down lonely, can't you see i'm the only one, yeah when you call my name...
seems to be near to
highway child, 00:38
[www.youtube.com]
yeah when you call my name, can't you see i'm the only one

Date: October 28, 2022 03:23

Where might one find the extended ER?? I don't think I've ever heard a 6:58 version before. Any truth to the story it came from 8-Track?

Date: October 28, 2022 05:32

Turner
Where might one find the extended ER?? I don't think I've ever heard a 6:58 version before. Any truth to the story it came from 8-Track?

The extended ER from the bootleg STATIC IN THE ATTIC, which I couldn't find for some reason, is the full recording ie unedited of what became the album version. In other words, Mick finished the vocal(s) and it's the full length version for consideration before it was edited for the LP and the single version.

To my knowledge. And ears, last I knew.

Anything else you hear, like the one I posted, is some other version of that one most likely.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 28, 2022 06:01

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 28, 2022 18:07

Taylor1
Which guitar does Taylor play on the extended version. Is it the one in the left speaker that takes the solo or the one in the right speaker that plays the last note when the song ends

Taylor - right speaker

Richards - left speaker

* There is no "extra guitar". Just two guitars. Richards plays a little rhythm instead of lead the whole time. There is no point with three guitars. This take is obviously live in the "studio" AKA Stargroves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-28 18:11 by TravelinMan.

Date: October 28, 2022 20:37

GasLightStreet
Turner

The extended ER from the bootleg STATIC IN THE ATTIC, which I couldn't find for some reason, is the full recording ie unedited of what became the album version. In other words, Mick finished the vocal(s) and it's the full length version for consideration before it was edited for the LP and the single version.

To my knowledge. And ears, last I knew.

Anything else you hear, like the one I posted, is some other version of that one most likely.

I appreciate these details, anyone know of an active link maybe in Hot Stuff?
cool smiley
cheers

Date: October 29, 2022 00:31

----

Date: October 29, 2022 00:33

TheflyingDutchman
TravelinMan
Taylor1

Taylor - right speaker

Richards - left speaker

* There is no "extra guitar". Just two guitars. Richards plays a little rhythm instead of lead the whole time. There is no point with three guitars. This take is obviously live in the "studio" AKA Stargroves.

Sorry, to be more precise: with the extra guitar(s) I mean the one's that are not on the initial official release.

Posted by: exil ()
Date: October 29, 2022 05:05

Were can i find that verson of sent it to me.Which album ?

Posted by: exil ()
Date: October 29, 2022 05:32

Just found it.Accidents will happen.

Date: October 29, 2022 06:48

Rockman

LOL you are so funny.

I meant... with a link!!!

That's hilarious!

I almost fell off my chair seeing this! Too #$%^& funny!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2022 06:58

Good ta hear it got you laughin .....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 29, 2022 07:24

You got me laughin'...

Oh no...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 29, 2022 15:11

Bitch is a KR highlight for me. When I want to think about how great he is, I listen to this track and go......WOW!

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: October 30, 2022 02:15

Great to hear the extended version. It did surprise me that they released it with an abrupt end and no fade-out. Presumably the 'full' recording no longer exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-30 02:16 by MrTurner.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home