Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The holy trinity now complete
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:43

I added ONNYA to our site, so all three songs are now available to download.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: The holy trinity now complete
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 23, 2005 06:55

After checking this tune out again I'm liking it a lot more. I cna hear much more of a melody in it. Jagger just kind of shouts it here but maybe in the studio he really follows the changes which make for a strong melody.
I remember "Rocks Off" which has one hell of a great melody. The Stones aree MASTERS at writing these great melodies in their rockers. And Live RO often sounds just shouted out.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 23, 2005 07:18

Thanx a million!
I can't wait for the album...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 23, 2005 08:04

ONNYA --------> The actual studio track that's gonna be on the album???

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 23, 2005 16:25

I 100% agree with Druggie. I also gave it another listen today (thanks Stonesvikings), and I can see there is a lot of potentality to a great rocker. I'm really looking forward hearing the studio version with superb Jagger vocals (for this matter, the analogy to "Rocks Off" was a good one).

- Doxa

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:41

Thanks, Vilhelm!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 24, 2005 02:49

THanks so much, that was really nice of you! I LOVE SOL, and think Mick's vocal has a genuine quality that makes it very convincing. And Chelsea, I really don't care if alot of you self-proclaimed experts think it's garbage! It is a GREAT BALLAD and Stones cds have to have a slow song, like it or not! ( I happen to like it, it will balance the collection nicely) I'm not so fond of ONNYA, it reminds me of lots of riffs on SOME GIRLS, not my favorite Stones cd. It has a bit of Dirty Work to it also.I've never been huge on lyrics that are shouted and not sung, probably why I'm not thrilled with alot of SOME GIRLS.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 24, 2005 07:12

Debra, this is the only time I am going to answer in you in this forum here. The next time you use my name ina sentence, and you indirectly quote me - first get your facts right. In this thead I was talking about ONNYA. I was saying that I like it.
In another thread I was writing about this holy ballad and was saying actually that I like it very much.
Now it really doesn't matter to me whether you approve of my like or dislikes but I do not dig you throwing around my name left and right and misusing it.It seems that you are having quite a go with some boyz here today. That's your business. Your little boudoir entertainment. I ain't buying.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 24, 2005 10:58

smiling smiley Dont worry Chels, seems that Debra has a chip on her shoulder due to her gender. Apparently the rest of the world is out to get her and belittle her opinion. I for one will be jumping on the bandwagon...

SOL sucks. I didnt like it the first time and I dont think much of it after 12+ listens over the past two days. Rough Justice and ONNYA rock my face off. And yes, the Stones do have to have slow tunes on their albums, but they DONT have to be released as friggin singles!!! I want the greatest rocknroll band in the world to be represented by a ROCK N ROLL SONG!!!!! NOT A @#$%& BALLAD!!! AND AT THAT, NOT A LAME BALLAD!!!!!!!!

And for those of you who keep mentioning Angie, screw you. Heartbreaker/Silvertrain should have been the only singles from that album. Angie is great, just not representative of the awesome album that is Goats Head Soup. I wish so much that everyone who has ever heard Angie had instead hear @#$%&. Anyone who hears Streets of Love will be turned OFF of the greatest rock n roll band in the world, wheras Rough Justice DOES JUSTICE TO THIS FANTASTIC BAND.

Date: July 25, 2005 23:21

No chip here and Chelsea I did totally misread your post, sorry. You did say you liked SOL; it was someone else who will remain nameless that was trashing the song mercilessly, not you. And usually Chelsea, in the past, when I HAVE mentioned your name it was in agreement to something you'd said. I recall agreeing with you quite alot of the time. I think they can be very effective when selecting ballads: Wild Horses, Angie, Memory Motel etc. I don't think they need to be hard driving all the time to hold their audience, and as Chelsea has said has a strong melody which sustains it! Just my opinion.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 23:22

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 25, 2005 23:27

Stop it!!!!!

Date: July 25, 2005 23:30

wheres the link please ?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 25, 2005 23:39

Here it is Billy.

[orangecow.org]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: July 25, 2005 23:55

[orangecow.org]

anyone please ?

Date: July 26, 2005 01:26

I sincerely hope I've never been as annoying as Billy! If I have, I will do pennence, starting now!

Date: July 26, 2005 01:43

debs.........

[orangecow.org]

and you cant spell.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-26 01:44 by billy318124.

Date: July 26, 2005 01:58

As long as you got my drift,Billy I guess I spelled just fine.

Date: July 26, 2005 02:06

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: July 26, 2005 02:29

SOL i great!, i love it!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 26, 2005 13:22

billy318124 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> and you cant spell.............
>

"can't"

Date: July 26, 2005 13:24

i cant punctuate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home