Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:53

Kate Upton?!...no wonder we didn't get any show details. grinning smiley

Lighten up Stoner, it was obviously a most excellent attempt at humor. Slow fuse humor in this case, take a breath, re read it and try to keep a straight face.

peace

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:54

stonesfan7676
I'm with Naturalust and Wellalright on this one. It's an integrity thing. Stories like this, if untrue, cause little more than distrust, apprehension, and lack of community among us. No room for that here. Those inclined to create fiction should start a thread for fabrications and fantasies.

And if the story is true I'm sorry, but as hard as the Stones beat in this heart of mine, I think bribing staff who's job it is to protect these guys, intruding on a stranger's private event, then providing tasteless details, is opprobrious at best.

This, a thousand times over.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:00

drbryant
I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

WUT???? confused smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:04

Cristiano Radtke
drbryant
I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

WUT???? confused smiley

No, it was a jet pack to get across the bay. Then a hoverboard.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:07

So, the hoverboard was the only thing you find suspicious?

Still no new details about the gig.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:09

No, everyone in California has a hoverboard and a flying DeLorean.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:10

'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!'

Hahaha! thumbs up

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:20

I think IORR officially jumped the shark today.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:20

He only drinks Dos Equis ....stay thirsty my friends.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:45

Deleted post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 08:57 by Thru and Thru.

Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:18

wellalright
I think IORR officially jumped the shark today.

[www.youtube.com]

Wow. You got that right.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:34

It takes all day to travel from Calif to Ohio. I left 10am Solana Beach, and arrived into here into Columbus shortly before midnight. I am not really superman, so I need to sleep before I do my report of the show at the Belly In.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:33

bv
Please don't make offending jokes about Ralph Whitworth. He could have paid for any band for his party but he paid for the Stones. He took the check. He brought great friends and associates to his party. They were a great crowd. It was a blast for everyone in the room including the Stones.

And please do not argue about this. He is more successful than you and me. That means he is smart. He makes things work. I would admire any person who had the money to buy anything, but rather than buying a million dollar car, he is getting the Stones for a private show. I would do the same, if I could.

Please do not speak for all of us, it's pejorative.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:45

bv
It takes all day to travel from Calif to Ohio. I left 10am Solana Beach, and arrived into here into Columbus shortly before midnight. I am not really superman, so I need to sleep before I do my report of the show at the Belly In.

Oh, yes you are a superman. Biking all the way from California to Ohio in one day is admirable. thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:46

Ha ha - love it, drbryant!!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:51

wellalright
Terribly revealing thread; this. And I mean that quite literally.

lol, so true. The cognitive dissonance of those who desperately want him to have been there, turning this into the same tired argument about haters/negativity/jealousy, speaks volumes.

Date: May 29, 2015 10:58

Stoneburst
wellalright

lol, so true. The cognitive dissonance of those who desperately want him to have been there, turning this into the same tired argument about haters/negativity/jealousy, speaks volumes.

I haven't read through all of this thread, but it might have something to do with principles. Not to call someone a liar when you're not 100 percent sure. I dunno...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 29, 2015 11:01

drbryant

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered. For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed 'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!' He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

I haven't been keeping up with the details of this thread, and I don't know the details of what really happened to who, but I do know this is brilliant. grinning smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 11:06

«The Diaz brothers», ROTFLOL! >grinning smiley<

Good one, drbryant thumbs up

Date: May 29, 2015 11:07

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
wellalright

I haven't read through all of this thread, but it might have something to do with principles. Not to call someone a liar when you're not 100 percent sure. I dunno...

Welcome to the internet, DP. If it makes you feel better, IORR, in comparison with the rest of the web, is an exceptionally sober, trustworthy and well moderated forum. Pointing out that onlystones is an obvious troll doesn't mean that suddenly we can't believe anyone who posts here.

Date: May 29, 2015 11:09

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
wellalright

Welcome to the internet, DP. If it makes you feel better, IORR, in comparison with the rest of the web, is an exceptionally sober, trustworthy and well moderated forum. Pointing out that onlystones is an obvious troll doesn't mean that suddenly we can't believe anyone who posts here.

grinning smiley

As you know well, I usually phone in my posts...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 11:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 29, 2015 11:10

drbryant
Onlystones told me what happened, and I believe him. In his words:

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered. For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed 'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!' He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

hahahahahaha

Date: May 29, 2015 11:13

DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
wellalright

grinning smiley

Yeah, same here. Strangely I seem to have been getting less and less work done since I signed into IORR on my phone as well as my laptop.

Date: May 29, 2015 11:26

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
wellalright

grinning smiley

Yeah, same here. Strangely I seem to have been getting less and less work done since I signed into IORR on my phone as well as my laptop.

It's consuming indeed. Luckily, I have a job where posting on IORR doesn't affect the other work too much.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 29, 2015 11:29

longlongwinter
Stones will play tomorrow night for a private charity event in San Diego.

Thank You for the great post longlongwinter. You were on top of this! Cheers!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 29, 2015 11:35

NEWMAN
swiss
bv
I am not invited. I just happened to bike the Del Mar Mesa trails this morning, three hours or so, great trails, and they just happened to be preparing for a private show right here. I saw the trucks outside, and some crew, pretty easy to see what is going on when you know a lot of faces.

I see... I thought by the following you meant you went there last night to scope it out because you knew about tonight.

bv
I went to...the Belly Up last night, to get a feeling of the the venue.

What an amazing coincidence you just happened to go there last night to scope out the space! And then just happened to ride by today - wow

Yes, please explain?!

Whatever has got up your craw, BV doesn't have to explain to swiss, to you or to any of us.
It's obvious that he doesn't blare every piece of news he gets, nor should he, nor would you in his position.
The information that the Stones were playing a private show was posted here for all of us to see.
Swiss, you asked a few pages ago for someone to tell you not to blame anyone but yourself,
so here you go: If you really believe you would've gotten into this private party if you'd shown up,
you have no one to blame but yourself for not showing up. Same to Newman,
and to everyone else who doesn't grasp what the word "private" means.

And the Stones have played debutante balls when offered that kind of gig since 1962.

Now on with the show. Good health to the Rolling Stones :E

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2015 11:44

I find the whole onlystones 'Stones gigs experience' quite amusing and comical.
I certainly don't mean that in a nasty way to onlystones.
This thread is memorable, and The Tour has only just started.
He has packed in so much adventurous shenanigans and malarkey than I have had in my whole life.

I'm sure we got more to come, so bring it on.

Would love to make a video at the end of Tour of his experiences.
It would come out something like this. smileys with beer

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:23

with sssoul
NEWMAN
swiss
bv
I am not invited. I just happened to bike the Del Mar Mesa trails this morning, three hours or so, great trails, and they just happened to be preparing for a private show right here. I saw the trucks outside, and some crew, pretty easy to see what is going on when you know a lot of faces.

I see... I thought by the following you meant you went there last night to scope it out because you knew about tonight.

bv
I went to...the Belly Up last night, to get a feeling of the the venue.

What an amazing coincidence you just happened to go there last night to scope out the space! And then just happened to ride by today - wow

Yes, please explain?!

Whatever has got up your craw, BV doesn't have to explain to swiss, to you or to any of us.
It's obvious that he doesn't blare every piece of news he gets, nor should he, nor would you in his position.
The information that the Stones were playing a private show was posted here for all of us to see.
Swiss, you asked a few pages ago for someone to tell you not to blame anyone but yourself,
so here you go: If you really believe you would've gotten into this private party if you'd shown up,

And the Stones have played debutante balls when offered that kind of gig since 1962.

Now on with the show. Good health to the Rolling Stones :E

No he doesn't have to explain anything, but why the contradiction? No need for it.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:40

Dr Bryant -- hilarious and well-written! Thank you for the send-up!

with sssoul

sssoul...not sure why you're coming at me...not a problem, but there are 26 pages of people you can jump on...I'm hoping maybe this was a little bit of a language misunderstanding or that there were just too many pages to read through smiling smiley

My Beck quote was because I was snarky to another poster, and I apologized.

I misread the story--in the heat of the moment. The headline and opening sentences of the news story said were that there was a second secret show in San Diego--that Los Angeles was not the only site of such a show. As said in a post 97 pages ago ( winking smiley ) it ended up not being what us fans would consider a "secret show." T'was a private party. Big difference.

And I have no problem at all that there was such a party--I mean, I'm happy for the person who could do that. I never have been under the impression the Rolling Stones were non-capitalists, idealists, looking for ways to give away their time or work, or anything that would be inconsistent with this gig. They're a band. They occasionally do private gigs if time and tide are right and someone can make it worth their while.

Clearly, "almost no one" got into the SD show. It truly was private.

I did not say BV should blare every bit or information he had.

...did people know ahead of time about this gig or not? Posts appeared cryptic and contradictory. It was not quite dirty pool, but also perhaps not magnanimous sharing in the spirit of community and camaraderie either. Is the latter necessary? No. Would riots have occurred if people in SD who did know a special event was happening shared simply that they had opted to stay in SD, which would have signaled the Stones were still there and had not, in fact, as some said, returned to Beverly Hills?

Ultimately, It doesn't matter. If there were such an event 2 hours from you and you found out about 1/2 hour before it started what the deal was--when someone was there who could just let it be known, you might be frustrated too. And--it was clear it turned out to be a private fête, and I most definitely would not have wanted to fly down to stand outside a club with ear pressed to the door. Tho if I lived in SD it might really have been a fine time!

And all's well that ends well, and everything comes out in the wash. Hope that clears things up a little.

- swiss

edited: for typos galore - it is super late here and I should be sleeping, not typing

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 12:58 by swiss.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 29, 2015 13:17

wellalright
BV--you were at the show as you said, right?

Can you describe it?

And did you meet this guy that claims to have bribed his way in?

In a weird way, I think this stuff actually matters to the integrity of this forum. What is real and what is fabricated?

My questions as well. When I first got word of this PRIVATE show, I said to a friend that he/she should just go there and try to get in. My friend replied (correctly as I now realise) that 'no, it's a PRIVATE gig so there's NO WAY to get in'. I highly respect that.

So.......this begs the question......if ANYONE (me included) was not on the guest list.....HOW ON EARTH DID THEY GET IN? By that, I mean EVERYONE who (apparently) got in.......chefs, chiefs of police, website owners, poets, garbage collectors.......confused smiley

A real life soap opera - As The Stone Rolls!

CE smoking smiley

ADDED: For me, rather than setlists and pics of the band performing (because I know all about that from 40 years of experience with this band) how did ANYONE breach security at a PRIVATE party? confused smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home