Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:48

Unbelievable. I will be happy to live my Stones life by myself. I am not an internet person. I said I was going to go to Fonda and that I would get in. All I got was hooray, wonderful, you go!!! You wanted to know how much? and who did what?. Same thing for BU. I do what I do for me. no one else.

If you followed my posts I said what shows I am going to next and where I am staying. Even what I'll be wearing. Check me out? I'll be around. I will do it like every Stones show I have done. I won't engage any one. I don't have to prove anything. This is for me I love the music and performances of the Stones. Nothing more.

If you can't wrap your head around a simple hop on the plane and go to a Stones show and party your ass off.

For the well wishers thanks. I will not let the negativity on this site spoil
my rabid excitement for the Stones. For the naysayers. Go argue about Mick Taylor some more and count what sixth note Ronnie may have missed on a solo somewhere in 1976.

I do love the Stones I won't argue. Life is too good. You don't want me on your site. I will do as I have done for years, just follow along quietly.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:53

onlystones
Unbelievable. I will be happy to live my Stones life by myself. I am not an internet person. I said I was going to go to Fonda and that I would get in. All I got was hooray, wonderful, you go!!! You wanted to know how much? and who did what?. Same thing for BU. I do what I do for me. no one else.

If you followed my posts I said what shows I am going to next and where I am staying. Even what I'll be wearing. Check me out? I'll be around. I will do it like every Stones show I have done. I won't engage any one. I don't have to prove anything. This is for me I love the music and performances of the Stones. Nothing more.

If you can't wrap your head around a simple hop on the plane and go to a Stones show and party your ass off.

my rabid excitement for the Stones. For the naysayers. Go argue about Mick Taylor some more and count what sixth note Ronnie may have missed on a solo somewhere in 1976.

I do love the Stones I won't argue. Life is too good. You don't want me on your site. I will do as I have done for years, just follow along quietly.

I'm pretty sure it will be the site's loss to see you go onlystones. This site is full of haters and they're pretty good at making time spent here an unpleasant experience for anyone they don't like or don't agree with. Two options, participate and ignore them or don't participate and leave them in your wake. I was kinda hoping you'd go for option number one but fully understand your decision to choose option number two.

smileys with beer Here's wishing you smooth sailing on your further adventures.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:00

you can prove yourself to me by buyin a 7th row seat in section b for columbus lol. sex drugs and rock n roll are fine by me!

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:01

Who cares if onlystones is fibbing or not?!His stories make for fun reading and that's all that counts! Here's hoping he gets more creative...beats reading about setlist arguments and the morality of multimillionaires taking millions from billionaires to perform private shows. Wow, a guy lying on the internet, say it ain't so....

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:04

FeelinRealWell
Who cares if onlystones is fibbing or not?!His stories make for fun reading and that's all that counts! Here's hoping he gets more creative...beats reading about setlist arguments and the morality of multimillionaires taking millions from billionaires to perform private shows. Wow, a guy lying on the internet, say it ain't so....

"who cares if he is fibbing...?" I do.

Date: May 28, 2015 20:05

How come...if you don't mind me asking?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:07

If you'd share some tiny bit of detail about the actual performance, people might view you differently. Just sayin.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:08

over the years i've met plenty of people who have seen 100+ shows and would never go near the boards. makes sense, right. the internet is from roughly 1995. the stones started the current arena style tours in 1969. not only american tours but europe, down under, japan, south america.

pictures would be nice, though. if you're gonna come here to share these types of adventures, pictures from boots on the ground before you go into the venue, ect. would make the stories all the more exciting.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:10

I'll settle for a pic of the airplane ticket

Date: May 28, 2015 20:14

...if he is taking pic requests I'd like a shot of the hooker he provided in the limo for his contact in SD. Feel free to blur the face for discretion or privacy issues!

Date: May 28, 2015 20:15

FeelinRealWell
Not at all. Because if this becomes a board predicated by outright lies, deception and fantasy, then where do you draw the line? What is the point of supporting delusional trolling IF that is what this is?

Oh and maybe BV can certainly help clear it up. The guy aid he saw BV inside. Presumably they said hello. BV, did you meet this person last night at the show?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 20:24 by wellalright.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:34

erbissell
I think them taking a few million to play a short club gig is awesome. It makes them seem even more real and down to earth to me. Seriously would any "real" musician say no to playing a few songs they wrote for that much cash? I do not mean this in sarcasm at all. I've played a bunch of gigs in venues that size for a few hundred $ where we had to bring our own sound, the Stones are living the dream. This is their career, just like most of us have day jobs. The Stones just happen to make way more than us for doing something way cooler. They don't owe us anything.
I'm so sick of people using terms like "cash grab". They are doing their jobs, and reaping the benefits of 50 years of hard work. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket, but also quit bitching. They don't owe each and every person who listens to Stones music a free concert in their own backyard with random obscure songs of their choosing and guest musicians of their choice. Most of all be thankful the band we are all fans of is still together and profitable enough to justify staying on the road in 2015.
I agree 100% with this!!!!

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:34

I thought the Belly Up party gig sounded odd yesterday, but now it makes sense what they were doing.

They dont need the money. I think most of it was going to charity anyway. They were going to rehearse yesterday anyway,
before flying to Columbus. They wanted to try out some songs that they might do later this tour. That was the 1st half
of the show last night. The boys testing out those songs that pop up on the Vote for a Song contests. The 2nd half
of the show was for the party crowd.

Also, they were filming it, which means some of it will be part of the new DVD to come out this Fall, with a Sticky Fingers theme.
So it served a lot of purposes for the Band. It wasnt about the money, although Mick always wants the money.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:36

onlystones, your saga has been one of the most entertaining things on this board in a while. It is so outrageous that it shouldn't be hard to understand that some people find it less than believable.

You have said here many times that you are a straight up guy, if you say you're going to do something, count on it, etc. You also spoke of your process of vetting people you are dealing with...people here are just kind of doing the same thing to you.

With your skills and energy it should be infinitely easier to satisfy these Stones fans concerns about your authenticity than to perform some of the feats you have in the last week.. Just like you would vet your sources for getting into a show, they are asking the same from you. These are just Stones fans like yourself.

Perhaps imagine someone said I'll get you into the private home show tonight if you can show me you were at the show last night. I just can't imagine someone with your resourcefulness couldn't come up with a hundred ways to prove it. Plenty of folks would embrace you as fan and friend. Go for it, man!

peace

Posted by: roller99 ()

dougingb
erbissell
I think them taking a few million to play a short club gig is awesome. It makes them seem even more real and down to earth to me. Seriously would any "real" musician say no to playing a few songs they wrote for that much cash? I do not mean this in sarcasm at all. I've played a bunch of gigs in venues that size for a few hundred $ where we had to bring our own sound, the Stones are living the dream. This is their career, just like most of us have day jobs. The Stones just happen to make way more than us for doing something way cooler. They don't owe us anything.
I'm so sick of people using terms like "cash grab". They are doing their jobs, and reaping the benefits of 50 years of hard work. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket, but also quit bitching. They don't owe each and every person who listens to Stones music a free concert in their own backyard with random obscure songs of their choosing and guest musicians of their choice. Most of all be thankful the band we are all fans of is still together and profitable enough to justify staying on the road in 2015.
I agree 100% with this!!!!

I agree too. Let's compare what the Stones do with all the other bands that have been playing since 1962. What is their model? .....

Exactly.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()

wellalright
FeelinRealWell
Not at all. Because if this becomes a board predicated by outright lies, deception and fantasy, then where do you draw the line? What is the point of supporting delusional trolling IF that is what this is?

Oh and maybe BV can certainly help clear it up. The guy aid he saw BV inside. Presumably they said hello. BV, did you meet this person last night at the show?

Exactly. Concert threads are mainly meant for discussing the shows and posting reviews of them. I don't care whether or not this guy's posts make for good reading, since they're obviously fraudulent.

A simpler way for BV to clear this up (if he has time) would be to look at onlystones' IP address.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

Doubting this persons account has nothing to do with hate.

Clearly, he is seeking some type of recognition/congratulation etc. of his alleged accomplishment(s) here on the board or he wouldn't be sharing.

The problem is the facts don't match up and it would take less effort for him to prove his claim(s) than he has spent defending his essay(s).

If it were real, he would have proved it or at least offered up a fact or two about the show by now.(*I saw bv in line on the news clip. Also to assume you would see him in the show isn't much of a leap)

It was a fun ride though... Good writing onlystones!! (seriously)

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:37

For those more concerned with what actually did happen.... pretty cool interview to hear!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:49

Probably already mentioned, but interesting to note that "Can't turn you Loose" was a "only if needed" number.. and it wasn't.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:54

This is all Ron wood's fault. If only the stones had recognized that mick Taylor was de facto leader of the band and kept him happy none of this mess would've happened.

Date: May 28, 2015 20:57

onlystones

"I am not an internet person." Said the guy that does nothing but sell his story and scheming on the Internet.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:00

I for one hope OnlyStones is telling the truth for many reasons; but I have to admit some surprise that people find it easy to discount his story and perhaos even moreso suggest it's not logistically possible.
I have no idea where OnlyStones lives in Florida, but Southwest alone have dozens of flights daily that leave after noon and would still get you in to SD with plenty of time; that's one of the great benefits of flying east to west.
Out of curiosity I looked this up and looked at Miami/Ft Lauderdale as that seems to be the toughest city to do for this journey (Orlando or Tampa would be a piece of cake)
Assuming he read this in the AM when he said, and assuming he started making plans at 9am, an hour sorting it out/booking a cab/packing a bag, an hour to the airport = 11am; there's a noon flight that's gets into SD at 6.45pm.
Why is that unrealistic?
I travel a lot for work and so I guess flying from one side of the country to another doesn't seem like as big a deal...

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:12

I don't think it's being unreasonable to ask for a little bit of evidence

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:12

the man who threw the party..

[www.businessinsider.com]

article says he was battling throat cancer last year..hope he's OK..

reckon he got to talk with Charlie about that..

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:20

Naturalust
onlystones, your saga has been one of the most entertaining things on this board in a while. It is so outrageous that it shouldn't be hard to understand that some people find it less than believable.

You have said here many times that you are a straight up guy, if you say you're going to do something, count on it, etc. You also spoke of your process of vetting people you are dealing with...people here are just kind of doing the same thing to you.

With your skills and energy it should be infinitely easier to satisfy these Stones fans concerns about your authenticity than to perform some of the feats you have in the last week.. Just like you would vet your sources for getting into a show, they are asking the same from you. These are just Stones fans like yourself.

Perhaps imagine someone said I'll get you into the private home show tonight if you can show me you were at the show last night. I just can't imagine someone with your resourcefulness couldn't come up with a hundred ways to prove it. Plenty of folks would embrace you as fan and friend. Go for it, man!

peace

Indeed! Your story was one of the most exciting things we've read on this board on weeks. I don't see any reason to doubt it, there's no evidence (to me, at least) that this is a story made up to attract you attention from people on this forum.
Once again, congratulations for being able to attend this gig and to share your experience with us. smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2015 21:23

Way to go, Cristiano! IORRians should trust one another thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:37

jrcjohnny99
I for one hope OnlyStones is telling the truth for many reasons; but I have to admit some surprise that people find it easy to discount his story and perhaos even moreso suggest it's not logistically possible.
I have no idea where OnlyStones lives in Florida, but Southwest alone have dozens of flights daily that leave after noon and would still get you in to SD with plenty of time; that's one of the great benefits of flying east to west.
Out of curiosity I looked this up and looked at Miami/Ft Lauderdale as that seems to be the toughest city to do for this journey (Orlando or Tampa would be a piece of cake)
Assuming he read this in the AM when he said, and assuming he started making plans at 9am, an hour sorting it out/booking a cab/packing a bag, an hour to the airport = 11am; there's a noon flight that's gets into SD at 6.45pm.
Why is that unrealistic?
I travel a lot for work and so I guess flying from one side of the country to another doesn't seem like as big a deal...

I think he said he was landing around 4:30 in San Diego time, seems he'd have had to on it pretty early to catch a 9 something flight to arrive at that time, and who's going to take his kid to school? grinning smiley Also assuming he made his negotiations on the phone while on the plane, asking what denominations the guys wanted the bribe..is he going to get to a bank in time if the guys said 10's and 20's or does he carry a briefcase with loads of cash in different denominations?

In the interview with the talent manager at the BU, she says nobody got in except the invited guests and friends of the band. I tend to think some new employee in the catering dept. would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping onlystones story is true, but I could point out quite a few things starting with the Fonda show that are suspicious. And for someone who was so excited about keeping us informed of his saga and obviously not afraid to confront adversity, that he would suddenly hide behind the "I'm not an internet person" or "I could go back to being a private Stones fan" seems a bit fishy.

Basically now that I am invested in this story I want the back line. Nothing to do with negativity or caring more about this than the show, etc, this was part of the story of Stones fans and this show, like that which angee writes about in her book, certainly the publisher has to know whether to label it fiction or not.

C'mon onlystones, step up to the plate and swing at the ball. Is is too hard to remember what Mick was wearing, what the stage banter was or some other information that would put this to rest?

At least keep the saga going with a good story about tonight's gig!

peace

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:39

Thanks, to all who chimed in. Believe what you will. I will not let any part of this experience to be ruined by another persons opinion. I am simple. I love the Stones. That is it. This is what I do. I refuse to argue or have drama with anyone.

I will still absorb everything I can about the Stones. Including IORR.

Catch up with me properly in Atlanta, tell me you like my shirt and we will talk. Don't approach me in an aggressive way, just tell me you want to talk about the Stones.

I will talk Stones all day with anyone who wants to converse.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:39

DandelionPowderman

I agree DP
Can you wire me several thousand monetary units?
You see I've got a great business opportunity for us both and...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:40

DandelionPowderman

Yes, that's the spirit, DP. If I can't trust the things people write here, what's the reason for me to read it? When I read the first rumours about the Fonda gig, it made me think about going to LA instead of going to Orlando, where I would meet a lot of friends here from SA that are going to that concert.

If it wasn't for BV, Cocaine Eyes and Dreamer (among others) posting about that, or if I didn't trust them, I would never be able to have attended the most exciting concert of my life as a Stones fan.

If somebody doesn't trust the words of another member here, OK. But I've never felt envious or negative on what other posters do or buy or experience with this band. And I've never been, btw. Once again, congratulations, onlystones. You deserved it. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home