Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:17

Congratulationshot smiley Post when you get out and tell us your adventures!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 05:19 by kate2.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:18

Take the rich mans money and run. I'm sure they have worked far harder than he for what they now have. Tonight is payday.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:19

onlystones
I am in!!! That is all I can say. I have not been able to follow along on Iorr. Bv is here. I have to give up my phone soon.

Congratulationshot smiley Post when you get out and tell us your adventures

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:19

The Stones are laughing all the way to the bank. Rock on guys! If someone can afford to get you to play for them for a few million, take their money! Good for you guys.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:23

Good man. Proud of you.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:24

bv
The money this private person is paying is going directly into the tour budget, i.e. theoretically he is saving us a few dollar on ticket prices, like a sponsor.

If you don't like the fact that the Rolling Stones play for money, go figure out, they have done it since 1962. Just read Keith's notes in his book LIFE, day by day. He noted every single pound, shilling and pence they did every show from the very first one. Getting paid as a performing artist is acknowledge of fame and success. Still.

I just going to assume the San Diego sun is getting to your head. winking smiley

Either you have a different copy of Life than me or you are confusing Keith's book with Bill's. Keith seemed about as far from a prudent money person as one can get, especially during his heavy addiction period.

Also the assertion that this gig is somehow saving us a few dollars on ticket prices is hilarious. You may be right that the fee is going into the Stones general income fund for the tour but the correlation between that and lower ticket prices at this stage of the game is pretty sketchy. If the Stones were willing to take reduced compensation from the promoters elsewhere due to this extra income , then it's possible, but that is very unlikely.

I'm personally indifferent to the whole thing, but the only way this thing is helping fans is by giving them some additional practice before the next shows. With respect.

peace

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:25

Congrats onlystones!!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:25

Why do people get so worked up over this they are after all the Rolling Fuc**ng Stones and they have earner the right to do whatever they want. If they want to play a private show at this point why can't they? You are all envious!

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:26

onlystones
I am in!!! That is all I can say. I have not been able to follow along on Iorr. Bv is here. I have to give up my phone soon.

Congratulations onlystones!!!

Have a great time. I'm sure it will be a night to remember.

You're living my (and many other IORRers) dream

Would love to hear how you pulled this off.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:26

open with salt of the earth?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:27

with 6 days off between San Diego and Columbus, whatever they are being paid for a private show can help offset with their daily overhead...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:28

Naturalust
bv
The money this private person is paying is going directly into the tour budget, i.e. theoretically he is saving us a few dollar on ticket prices, like a sponsor.

If you don't like the fact that the Rolling Stones play for money, go figure out, they have done it since 1962. Just read Keith's notes in his book LIFE, day by day. He noted every single pound, shilling and pence they did every show from the very first one. Getting paid as a performing artist is acknowledge of fame and success. Still.

I just going to assume the San Diego sun is getting to your head. winking smiley

Either you have a different copy of Life than me or you are confusing Keith's book with Bill's. Keith seemed about as far from a prudent money person as one can get, especially during his heavy addiction period.

Also the assertion that this gig is somehow saving us a few dollars on ticket prices is hilarious. You may be right that the fee is going into the Stones general income fund for the tour but the correlation between that and lower ticket prices at this stage of the game is pretty sketchy. If the Stones were willing to take reduced compensation from the promoters elsewhere due to this extra income , then it's possible, but that is very unlikely.

I'm personally indifferent to the whole thing, but the only way this thing is helping fans is by giving them some additional practice before the next shows. With respect.

peace

Dammit T

I think I love you

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:29

"People trying to get in to see the Rolling Stones private concert at Belly Up".

[twitter.com]

"Fans lining up for "secret" private #rollingstones concert at Belly Up in Solana Beach:"

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 05:32 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:34

Even when the Beatles played for the royal family it was open to the public

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:35

Naturalust
bv

peace
This is a preposterous notion that a private show cuts ticket prices. Yes they can do as they please and should but really this type of justification is an insult to all us idiots on this board. The principles in the Stones are elite wealthy people and they're playing for another one of their 1% extraordinarily rich peers. As a regular fan you have to just disregard this stuff and enjoy the music, no need to justify or pander Mr. Moderator.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:43

It seems like everyone on here would love to have the Stones play a private gig just for them and friends if they could afford it. However when a rich (probably Fan) actually does it it's somehow not OK?

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:51

forsure
open with salt of the earth?

Ha, well-played!

Though I don't at all bemoan them for taking an easy payday. Since I'm hitting the road and lucky dipping Saturday, I'll selfishly second the comments 'more practice for Columbus' and 'if Mick loses his voice I'm hunting this guy down'.

I do want to know if the host is letting fans in, it seemed alluded to above. Congrats to those who are in the area and got in.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:52

Sometimes this site feels more official than unofficial.

Posted by: diane d ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:52

i just read on FB that a few fans at the front of the line got in. it was posted by a friend who lives in SD but ... who knows?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:53

Look, it is simple. The "problem" is that the Stones SEEM like a regular bunch o' guys...some blue collar guys who made it...working man's music...that sorta thing. Really though, they are like a politician who comes across as the every man, when in reality they are the elite, but just sell it better. Maybe a million years ago the Stones came from every day families like their fans, but that is not who they are now, that is just a marketing ploy. Accept it, they aren't like you & me...they are more like Queen Elizabeth.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:56

Onlystones, congrats, man!!!

I wonder if Bjornulf got in or is still outside.

Can't wait to hear all the details from you onlystones.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 28, 2015 05:56

what band doesnt do corp rich guy events? Easy money, no over head, sign me up. The fact that some regualr joes get in...shows that the guy throwing the party is most likely a half way decent guy (for a rich guy :-) )

Date: May 28, 2015 05:59

wellalright
Sometimes this site feels more official than unofficial.

No kidding. You spend a few thousand to see the Stones & say I wish they had done 2 songs differently...suddenly you're an idiot whiner & not a real fan. Let's be honest though...this IS the official Stones site...we know they (or their people) visit, we know BV gets into shows nobody can get into...this IS the official site.

Date: May 28, 2015 06:00

It's funny, I remember back in the '90s referring to Keef as "the pirate" in a loving way (I'm sure others did too). He took it to heart...he'll cut your head off for a $1...just like a pirate!

They are the greatest band there has or will ever be, but the reason they last is that they are vampires...vampires never die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 06:02 by sdstonesguy.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:14

I don't begrudge the band for playing a private gig.

I am curious however, what the difference is in real dollars to them that a show like this nets each performer.

I'm sure someone has the numbers to crunch..

$2 million for this show minus expenses vs what they would have netted doing a SEATTLE show on this same night..

Either way, it's their business to run and more power to them. Just curious if this show was a factor in not doing the strongly rumored Seattle/Denver show, and if so how big of one.

It's their business, but If a zillionaire can affect/alter a tour.. it then kind of becomes ours.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:21

The @RollingStones stage at @BellyUpMusic

[twitter.com]

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:25

I'm in line hoping against all odds

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:26

Thanks, Cristiano, for the pics inside and out!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:28

StonesSoCal
I'm in line hoping against all odds

Good luck! Looks like a number of people who don't know The billionaire are in

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:31

Thank you for the good luck!! I will need it!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home