Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 34
Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:00

what's the deal with the Mogador theater in 2012. don't remember that. was it after Newark?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:09

sundevil
what's the deal with the Mogador theater in 2012. don't remember that. was it after Newark?

It was before the London concerts.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:09

That was in Paris, in the fall before the O2, before Newark.

See [www.iorr.org]

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:10

Will it happen? eye popping smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:22

Here's MY little good luck message to 'onlystones' before I crawl into bed with a mystery book:

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

ENJOY!!

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:24

I don't post here much, but sincere good luck to "onlystones" your efforts are impressive and passioned.

The saga has been a great afternoon of reading.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:27

Man this is exciting! I thought I was excited finally getting tickets on the floor in Nashville (although sadly at the back still) I can only imagine the excitement of going to this show. Good luck, friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 03:37 by tumblingdice.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 05:24 by likecats.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:29

Kurt
Some rich people are cool.

Which one?

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:36

place is tiny--not much bigger than the troubador

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:37

The Rolling Stones will be performing a private gig at the Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach, north of San Diego, California, USA tonight. The trucks arrived this morning at the 600 capacity club, and they are now preparing for the show. No tickets are expected to go on sale, as this is a private gig.

I went to the Jeremy loops concert at the Belly Up last night, to get a feeling of the the venue. See the pictures below. There were around 150 in the crowd, the place can probably hold 300 for a party, with 600 it is pretty packed.

The next door cafe has a back door with direct access to the Belly Up. This restaurant is closed tonight, probably to be used as a service room for the show.

There are around 50 people outside the Belly Up now, at 5:30pm.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 03:41 by bv.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:38

Cocaine Eyes
Here's MY little good luck message to 'onlystones' before I crawl into bed with a mystery book:

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

ENJOY!!

CE smoking smiley

" the "private party" will actually be another area appearance by the Rolling Stones, paid for by a single individual with very deep pockets."

So, no one on this entire board knew that this is a secret show until 2 hours beforehand? I find that hard to believe. I would jave flown down and hour ago if I knew that were the case.

Anyone who did know this...? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 03:42 by swiss.

Date: May 28, 2015 03:43

swiss
Cocaine Eyes

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

ENJOY!!

CE smoking smiley

" the "private party" will actually be another area appearance by the Rolling Stones, paid for by a single individual with very deep pockets."

So, no one on this entire board knew that this is a secret show until 3 hours beforehand? I find that hard to believe. I would jave flown down and hour ago if I knew that were the case.

No....No.....No! I posted here (in this thread) at about 9:00 AM Toronto time that it's a private/corporate gig. Please see waaaay back in the thread.smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 03:45

Cocaine Eyes
INFO FROM SD - IT'S A SMALL CORPORATE GIG ONLY. IF YOU DON'T KNOW "SOMEONE" OR IF YOU AREN'T FRIENDS WITH A ROLLING STONE, I'M AFRAID YOU'RE OUT OF LUCK.

IT'S UP TO YOU IF YOU STILL FEEL THE NEED TO TRY.

CE smoking smiley

Thanks to a Toronto friend for this info! smiling smiley

swiss - here's my post from early this morning.

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 03:48

Cocaine Eyes
swiss
Cocaine Eyes

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

ENJOY!!

CE smoking smiley

So, no one on this entire board knew that this is a secret show until 3 hours beforehand? I find that hard to believe. I would jave flown down and hour ago if I knew that were the case.

No....No.....No! I posted here (in this thread) at about 9:00 AM Toronto time that it's a private/corporate gig. Please see waaaay back in the thread.smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

CE, I know you posted that! As did others...thank you for sending the link to the updated news.

I meant if people knew prior to this news article that it were actually going to be a secret show underwritten by a tycoon (that is the ultimate in philanthropy to Stones fans! smiling smiley ) and combined with a corporate party, why would they not have shared that info.

What book are you settling in with, btw? that's what I will end up doing tonight asa well (alas!)

- swiss

BV -- or anyone -- what time is the show? thanks I could still get to SD by 10pm

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 03:53 by swiss.

Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:51

I think the Belly Up owns that restaurant next door that BV says will be closed tonight. I would think the street will be closed and to have Valet parking. Bv did not say he is going? what about tomorrow? is it at Bill Gates?

Date: May 28, 2015 03:53

swiss
What book are you settling in with, btw? that's what I will end up doing tonight asa well (alas!)

A Canadian writer, Cathy Ace. The book is called The Corpse With The Sapphire Eyes. It's pelting rain here so I need a cosy night in.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:54

Ralph Victor Whitworth - just a common everyday average multi-zillionaire Stones fan.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:56

....wish I was rich ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 28, 2015 03:56

Cocaine Eyes
swiss

A Canadian writer, Cathy Ace. The book is called The Corpse With The Sapphire Eyes. It's pelting rain here so I need a cosy night in.

CE smoking smiley

Sounds good -- it is cold and rizzly in San Francisco. I'm just starting The Kingmakers Daughter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 03:57 by swiss.

Date: May 28, 2015 04:08

The Rolling Stones asked for 5 million US dollars to do the Joint show long long time ago. Then I was told the Deutche Bank show in Barcelona was may be 7 mill. These days the going price for a show with the stones is approx 10 million US dollars I believe. They might do do it cheaper, like Waldbuhne, but this guy is rich, I am sure he pay street price, no discounts.

I assume it is normal show time around 9pm give or take something.

I am not invited. I just happened to bike the Del Mar Mesa trails this morning, three hours or so, great trails, and they just happened to be preparing for a private show right here. I saw the trucks outside, and some crew, pretty easy to see what is going on when you know a lot of faces.

There are some 50 here now, nobody I know. Half of them queuing for the box office, they sell tickets to other shows at the Belly Up.

By the way, the Belly Up is a famous venue, with Bo Diddley and B. B. King pictured on the walls. Among plenty plenty others. I bet they will have a new picture up soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:09

It is F'ING ridicoulous that people are getting excited that the Stones have completely SOLD OUT and are now bowing down to billionaire's...
The Stones should do something honorable and blast thru U.S. Zip Codes playing to and feeding the homeless, that would much more suit their rebellious 60's & 70's reputation...

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:11

Gee, why play an extra stadium show in Denver or Seattle, when you can play for your 1% buddies in a small club.

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:12

2120Wolf
It is F'ING ridicoulous that people are getting excited that the Stones have completely SOLD OUT and are now bowing down to billionaire's...
The Stones should do something honorable and blast thru U.S. Zip Codes playing to and feeding the homeless, that would much more suit their rebellious 60's & 70's reputation...

I AGREE

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:14

this does make them look even more mercenary than before--

Date: May 28, 2015 04:15

bv
I am not invited. I just happened to bike the Del Mar Mesa trails this morning, three hours or so, great trails, and they just happened to be preparing for a private show right here. I saw the trucks outside, and some crew, pretty easy to see what is going on when you know a lot of faces.

I see... I thought by the following you meant you went there last night to scope it out because you knew about tonight.

bv
I went to...the Belly Up last night, to get a feeling of the the venue.

What an amazing coincidence you just happened to go there last night to scope out the space! And then just happened to ride by today - wow eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 04:35 by swiss.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:18

Best of luck getting in anyone!

I tried, do not have the right connections, and did not get on a plane with such a small chance of success. That might have been the wrong decision, but at least one I can live with. After Fonda and Petco, it was an amazing week.

I hope we get to know the set they played.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()

2120Wolf
I disagree. They are doing what they have always done, play music for money....a lot of it. I don't know what's rebellious about feeding the homeless...... they didn't do that in the 60s or 70s either during those actual rebellious years. They are rock stars, not social volunteers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 04:23 by tumblingdice.

The money this private person is paying is going directly into the tour budget, i.e. theoretically he is saving us a few dollar on ticket prices, like a sponsor.

If you don't like the fact that the Rolling Stones play for money, go figure out, they have done it since 1962. Just read Keith's notes in his book LIFE, day by day. He noted every single pound, shilling and pence they did every show from the very first one. Getting paid as a performing artist is acknowledge of fame and success. Still.

Bjornulf

Date: May 28, 2015 04:19

snarky
2120Wolf
playing to and feeding the homeless, that would much more suit their rebellious 60's & 70's reputation...

I AGREE

The Rolling Stones were never "rebellious" in that way. Where have you ever seen any evidence of that? they were "rebellious" in terms of deconstructing social norms and "petty morals." Not that that's not radical (it is). But it has nothing to do with lifting up the Everyman or something spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home