Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 34
Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:30

I also looked at Wikipedia. "primarily seeks out value stocks at companies it deems to be underperforming due to poor capital allocation" ain't that what you call locust capitalism?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:31

Probably a good choice swiss, I'm guessing your best bet for some Keith time is through Jane Rose anyway...timing is everything. Good luck.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious at bv's absence throughout this news and event. Either he's already en route to Ohio, he's scrambling to secure his place at Belly Up or he's decided that private is private and he's not going to even try for this one.

peace

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:33

I can just hear Mrs. W now, the wife of the wealthy Mr. W:

"Dear, that was such an incredibly sweet gesture, hiring Macca to surprise me on my 50th birthday.
But, you know what? If you ever throw a party like that again, I'd much rather hear The Rolling Stones."

tongue sticking out smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:36

Naturalust
Probably a good choice swiss, I'm guessing your best bet for some Keith time is through Jane Rose anyway...timing is everything. Good luck.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious at bv's absence throughout this news and event. Either he's already en route to Ohio, he's scrambling to secure his place at Belly Up or he's decided that private is private and he's not going to even try for this one.

peace

Hope bv is well and just enjoying the tour. One way to flush him out is start a dreaded political or food discussion. smiling smiley Just kidding. bv, we are all enjoying the site, thanks for your hard work in enabling us to talk about our favorite band.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:37

angee

"Dear, that was such an incredibly sweet gesture, hiring Macca to surprise me on my 50th birthday.
But, you know what? If you ever throw a party like that again, I'd much rather hear The Rolling Stones."

The wife he hired Macca for his history. This one is for his new wife.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:38

It is about an hour to go until I land. I am starting to tremble with excitement. I will stay on for a couple more minutes and then I have no idea. I will try to at least post to say if I'm getting in.

On a whole other subject, how can tomorrow be another one? This is the stuff of my dreams. I promise if there is going to be a show tomorrow I will do everything in my power to be there.

This is a white knuckle thrill ride.

The bottom line is this...Thanks to all the Stones fans who have cheered me on. The real thanks goes to ROKYFAN he broke it on IORR. I wish he would have taken me seriously. If I tell you I will take you to a Stones show. Count on it!!!!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:38

GAFF
angee

And he's (appropriately) paying twice as much. She must be a great cook!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:40

I hope bv is also attending this private event...

I don't think so though.. as I believe he has already left town.. but anything is possible (there was someone near the front of the line in the news clip that looked like him).

Date: May 28, 2015 01:41

bleedingman
GAFF
angee

The last one may have thought "cooking" and "@#$%&" were two cities in China.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:41

TO Only Stones...be sure to stay in the new, five star resort, just east of Del Mar off hwy 56, tonight. Also, go jogging or 'act like you are', at 630am. This is what I saw the lead singer doing in 2005.
There is most likely another private show, at a home, in Rancho Santa Fe, tomorrow night. The man tonight was just with HP..if you known anyone there. Also, he does Charity for McDonald House.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:42

I just read this entire thread and - WOW - exciting stuff!!! Best of luck to onlystones tonight smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2015 01:43

bleedingman
GAFF
angee

She wanted U2 but he's doing it because the ex-wife wanted the Stones. grinning smiley

peace

Date: May 28, 2015 01:44

ote=angee]

This is a NEW wife!grinning smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 01:46

So Keith's 'bus' is their backstage lounge...

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:48

I called the Belly Up again, asked if they were hiring, and said I could start tonight, would take the worst job, for no pay. At least she chuckled before she said goodbye.
I also asked what the charity is, maybe I've donated to it, but no answer there.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:54

likecats
I called the Belly Up again, asked if they were hiring, and said I could start tonight, would take the worst job, for no pay. At least she chuckled before she said goodbye.
I also asked what the charity is, maybe I've donated to it, but no answer there.

lol that's great. maybe at least you're getting some of the employees thinking about ways they could make some $$ sneaking some fans in.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:01

Good idea Likecats. Come to think of it, I would also apply for the worst job on the Stones entourage (like taking care of Keefs ashtray or keeping private shows under the carpet) without pay.

Date: May 28, 2015 02:04

kate2
TO Only Stones...be sure to stay in the new, five star resort, just east of Del Mar off hwy 56, tonight. Also, go jogging or 'act like you are', at 630am. This is what I saw the lead singer doing in 2005.
There is most likely another private show, at a home, in Rancho Santa Fe, tomorrow night. The man tonight was just with HP..if you known anyone there. Also, he does Charity for McDonald House.

I will also post where I am every second of the time I am there. As well as which pocket I have my wallet in. No personal details. Too many crazies. I will tell about the experience. Its going to be awesome.

That said, I posted that I stayed in BH where they fell for the banana in the tail pipe trick when I went to LA.

When I go to SD I generally stay in LJ.

Date: May 28, 2015 02:17

Turner68
likecats

lol that's great. maybe at least you're getting some of the employees thinking about ways they could make some $$ sneaking some fans in.

Last post until??? I can hardly breathe. "OH boy this is great" (Flounder Animal House).

Please guys don't spoil it for anyone who may be trying to go. A lot of people follow IORR.

I will do everything I can to give any info I can. I am only bringing my phone. I was told that I had to give that up at the venue. I will try. I will definitely say something when I can.

Date: May 28, 2015 02:17

onlystones
kate2

I will also post where I am every second of the time I am there. As well as which pocket I have my wallet in. No personal details. Too many crazies. I will tell about the experience. Its going to be awesome.

That said, I posted that I stayed in BH where they fell for the banana in the tail pipe trick when I went to LA.

GO to the new five star..not for the accommodations but to hear the music. read between my lines and maybe for an in for tomorrow night. the guests from out of town will be staying there.. I am from LJ..not the spot tonight!

Date: May 28, 2015 02:20

kate2
onlystones
kate2

GO to the new five star..not for the accommodations but to hear the music. read between my lines and maybe for an in for tomorrow night. the guests from out of town will be staying there.. I am from LJ..not the spot tonight!

Thanks I got it now. I will be trying. Lets get tonight done first.

Date: May 28, 2015 02:24

onlystones
kate2
onlystones
kate2

Thanks I got it now. I will be trying. Lets get tonight done first.
Any chance you can spell it out plainly for those of us here in SD? They're staying at the Grand Del Mar?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:25

:-) It's true I was both at Deutsche Bank and Mogador but I am definitely not going tonight. The main reason is because I am back in London following the Fonda and Petco Park (you can't be in if you don't even try) but the second reason it is a personal private party not a corporate one. Both Deutsche Bank and Mogador were corporate events, it's probably just a little too far to crash someones Birthday.

I am not denying my heart is racing a little, and part of me wishes I had given it more of a go. I certainly did some of the ground work, look up all possible connections, I even managed to meet the person controlling the invitations while at the Petco show. Something just didn't feel right.

I have told bits of the Deutsche Bank story before and one day I will tell it in full. However, the primary reason I got into that show and didn't feel bad about it was the principle organiser was rude to me and my fellow musketeer when all we had done was make a polite request. I totally respected being turned down but there was no need to be disrespectful or rude to us. Ironically the conference for which the Stones were entertainment was all themed around passion. Perhaps they should have got me to be the key note speaker. It was an epic adventure or James Bond proportions including multiple costume changes, countless close shaves and hiding in a very uncomfortable place with no refills on our champagne!

Mogador was different, I am forever in debt to the nicest, most considerate man you will ever meet. A true and great gentleman and Stones fan. Not only was I in, not only did I have the top grade wristband and access to fabulous hospitality I enjoyed the show with my hero from the very best two seats in the house. There were other ways in too though and my partner in crime from Deutsche Bank made it in as well. Clearly private shows are a few notches of difficulty up on getting into a regular club show but some of those are brutally hard too. The key is never to give up, that has so often worked for so many people and it's a lesson me and my Deutsche Bank busting buddy first learnt together at Roseland where we got in without any pre-purchased ticket, another great story to be told...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:27

roller99
Cat's out of the bag now Stones fans:

"It is a private concert

A millionaire is throwing a party for his wife

He paid 2 million bucks to have the rolling stones play for his wife

They are performing Their Satanic Majesties Request in its entirety. Just as Mick hinted at the club show in LA.

Posted by: piper ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:29

I am going to columbus on Saturday and like the idea of this. This gives them another chance to work any kinks out they experienced on opening night. I think they will play tighter as a result Saturday? Previously, they had all week to sit around not playing, now they will play another "practice" session in a small club. I am more excited now for the columbus show.

Thougts? Am I crazy for thinking this way ?

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:31

Got tix for Columbus too Piper, & was thinking the same thing!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:39

onlystones you are a champion. Hoping you get to be 3/3 so far.

Are you doing the rest of the tour? I'll be at every other show this tour, but unfortunately can't say 'I went to every show this tour'

Date: May 28, 2015 02:44

bleedingman
Hope bv is well and just enjoying the tour. One way to flush him out is start a dreaded political or food discussion. smiling smiley Just kidding. bv, we are all enjoying the site, thanks for your hard work in enabling us to talk about our favorite band.

I've heard from 71Tele that food discussions are not allowed but I'm still somewhat puzzled by that one. Do food discussions cause bad blood here? Nothing about it on the policy page. Please advise. Thanks.

peace

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:53

Naturalust
bleedingman

I've heard from 71Tele that food discussions are not allowed but I'm still somewhat puzzled by that one. Do food discussions cause bad blood here? Nothing about it on the policy page. Please advise. Thanks.

peace

Maybe Keef is fearful a discussion of cheese will happen.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:57

GAFF, thanks for being the first to remind me, it's the new wife. The other one would be 62 by now, huh.

NL, that is hilarious, that the new spouse wanted U2 but he got the RS because the previous wife
wanted them.

Matty, wow, never give up, you didn't.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home