Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 34
Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:15

It's on the news station websites:

[www.cbs8.com]
cbs

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:20

I feel like the people unloading the equipment probably want to throttle the news reporter lol he is encouraging a mob situation

Date: May 27, 2015 23:23

Next time someone tells me a band is playing a private gig I won't laugh at them...

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:23

alieb
The way I look at it, a couple short gigs between shows means that they will be even better at Columbus, so everyone wins! Onlystones, you'll tell us how you got in after right? tongue sticking out smiley

If it works...absolutely. If not I'll tell you how got in with my back up plan.

Oh I hope so.

Date: May 27, 2015 23:25

onlystones
alieb
The way I look at it, a couple short gigs between shows means that they will be even better at Columbus, so everyone wins! Onlystones, you'll tell us how you got in after right? tongue sticking out smiley

Oh I hope so.

Good luck, hope you get in!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:25

alieb
I feel like the people unloading the equipment probably want to throttle the news reporter lol he is encouraging a mob situation

If not them, the security & local police won't be real happy about it. Roadies/stagehands (I used to be one and sometimes still do that kind of work) get really good at ignoring anyone that they aren't being paid to deal with.

Damn I'm getting excited for this. I hope onlystones gets in... And if swiss can be his +1, even better!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:26

ONLYSTONES - think positively, you'll get in.

CE smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 23:28 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:28

onlystones
alieb

Oh I hope so.

IORR's own boy scout. Be prepared, right? Why do I imagine that you have a back up for your back up?

Go Boy!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:29

2 Millions? That's a bargain by Stones standrards.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:32

mr_dja
onlystones
alieb

Oh I hope so.

IORR's own boy scout. Be prepared, right? Why do I imagine that you have a back up for your back up?

Go Boy!

Because I do. Thanks to all the well wishers. I am taking a break I will check back in a little while.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:33

I saw the Stones at the Joint in Vegas before the club was expanded. It seats about 4,000 now. It held about 1,100 then. So a very intimate show. And I loved, loved, loved it. I even sat across the aisle from Kiefer Sutherland.. But I must confess...that night taught me that the energy of a bigger crowd adds A LOT. Both sizes have their strengths.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:37

bv where are you? This thread is a STICKY to be ZIPPED! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 23:38 by RipThisBone.

Date: May 27, 2015 23:45

BV is probably scrambling right now.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:45

MY opinion only - this is f**king disgusting.

I just hope Mick doesn't wreck his voice for Saturday. It's just depressing..........."you can keep the money pal" KR 2005

sc uk

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:48

roller99
Cat's out of the bag now Stones fans:

"It is a private concert

A millionaire is throwing a party for his wife

He paid 2million bucks to have the rolling stones play for his wife

I am not sure the media will be let in

And I don’t think it is open to the public

Can you friend send us pix from the line?

Or video?"

Didn't they used to charge like 7 millions for private corporate shows?
2 it's a bargain.

Date: May 27, 2015 23:48

straycatuk

I just hope Mick doesn't wreck his voice for Saturday. It's just depressing..........."you can keep the money pal" KR 2005

sc uk

Maybe Mick will sing Happy Birthday and carry out the cake...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:49

This whole onlystones saga ROCKS!

Good Wishes my friend.
Get in.
Rock.
Tell us about it after.

cool smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 23:50

I take comfort in the fact that Charlie will wear his "WTF am I even doing here" face all night.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:51

Title5Take1
I saw the Stones at the Joint in Vegas before the club was expanded. It seats about 4,000 now. It held about 1,100 then. So a very intimate show. And I loved, loved, loved it. I even sat across the aisle from Kiefer Sutherland.. But I must confess...that night taught me that the energy of a bigger crowd adds A LOT. Both sizes have their strengths.

belly up is probably half that size unless it has been remodeled since i was last there. almost an even different type of show than 1100. will be interesting to hear reports.

Date: May 27, 2015 23:52

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:53

onlystones
Thanks to all the well wishers. Its going to happen, I can feel it.

DP, I'm sorry but I don't record or post anything (there are a number of different reasons), but if all goes well, I will certainly tell you about it from my perspective. I love the Stones for me I do this with my own time and money. I have followed EVERTYTHING about the Stones for many years, including IORR, I just never posted before this year. It is fun. It adds something to the experience.

I would like to continue doing it as long as you have me. If I ever become unwelcome on IORR you can bet I will keep on Rolling on.

"Let's see how far we can take this thing"... KR

Will you keep a record of the setlist and let us know and maybe post a few photos?.....hope so,,,,,good luck anyhow............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 00:04 by EddieByword.

Date: May 27, 2015 23:55

There won't be 1100 people there. You have to account for the space those little tables with fizz and morsel take up.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:56

Turner68
Title5Take1

belly up is probably half that size unless it has been remodeled since i was last there. almost an even different type of show than 1100. will be interesting to hear reports.

Yeah, I would say it holds between 400-500; probably less tonight..

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:01

I would agree. Less then 400 tonight. The cbs8news san diego news, does show the trucks unloading. The line of people have been asked to disperse. They will have to close that little street out in the front. They did some remodeling but is there still saw dust on the floor? and wasn't also peanut shells with the saw dust???

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:02

onlystones
SharksWillCry
Naturalust
Geez this is getting a bit sleazy. Stones for sale to any schmuck with enough money. I could add some tasty adjectives but I think you all know what they are. grinning smiley But I guess once you've crossed that boundary, it gets easier every time...eye popping smiley I can just imagine this guy throwing money at Mick to get him to sing I Got The Blues to his wife while peeling off his wardrobe...Ha!

peace

I don't have a problem at all with that, since I can assure you they would be playing at my back yard BBQ if I had the means and ability to persuade them to. Would you go if I invited you?

That's the spirit and I would go if you invited me and I would gladly bring the beer and anything else you asked me for.

Beer? It's hookers and blow or nothing, just like last time, man! grinning smiley

Yeah of course I'd go, might even try even if I wasn't invited, no doubt onlystones would. He'd have your wife introducing him as a long lost cousin! Ha!

And Mr DJA, I too have worked plenty of rich kid parties and corporate functions, a veritable music slut when I think about it, but that doesn't mean I expect the same from Mick and Keith. Well maybe Mick and Keith, surely Ronnie. But Charlie? Surely not Charlie! eye popping smiley

peace

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:03

straycatuk

sc uk

In my experience junkies (& ex) are the biggest 'breadheads' of the lot.....it was also Keef that pointed out that whilst companies were paying 100s of thousands $$$$$ per minute to get an ad in the 2006 superbowl timeouts etc, it was the other way round with the Stones, they had their Tongue logo on the screen for over ten minutes, transmitted worldwide and it was them that got paid the small fortune ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 00:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:05

Any news on tomorrow night in Rancho Santa Fe? The man paying tonight does give money to the Ronald McDonald Houses but you know, it is just to show off, to the new wife...It is sort of sad but I would still go. What a great hippie venue. John Mayall is playing there soon..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 00:09 by kate2.

Date: May 28, 2015 00:08

Naturalust
onlystones
SharksWillCry
Naturalust
Geez this is getting a bit sleazy. Stones for sale to any schmuck with enough money. I could add some tasty adjectives but I think you all know what they are. grinning smiley But I guess once you've crossed that boundary, it gets easier every time...eye popping smiley I can just imagine this guy throwing money at Mick to get him to sing I Got The Blues to his wife while peeling off his wardrobe...Ha!

peace

I don't have a problem at all with that, since I can assure you they would be playing at my back yard BBQ if I had the means and ability to persuade them to. Would you go if I invited you?

That's the spirit and I would go if you invited me and I would gladly bring the beer and anything else you asked me for.

Beer? It's hookers and blow or nothing, just like last time, man! grinning smiley

Yeah of course I'd go, might even try even if I wasn't invited, no doubt onlystones would. He'd have your wife introducing him as a long lost cousin! Ha!

And Mr DJA, I too have worked plenty of rich kid parties and corporate functions, a veritable music slut when I think about it, but that doesn't mean I expect the same from Mick and Keith. Well maybe Mick and Keith, surely Ronnie. But Charlie? Surely not Charlie! eye popping smiley

peace

What do you play? Guitar, Drums or Bass?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:08

ChefGuevara

Didn't they used to charge like 7 millions for private corporate shows?
2 it's a bargain.

At 7M it's a "corporate event". At 2M it's a "corporate charity event"! >grinning smiley<

Anyway most big acts today (Metallica RHCP) play this type of private gigs so why the Stones shouldn't? Morals? Laws? Age?
Go boys go! thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:15

roller99
What do you play? Guitar, Drums or Bass?

Anything with strings roller. Not much good with a bow but I have been known to use a slide on a cello!

peace

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home