Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 34
Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:43

Oh and Bill Gates personally met with Mick to purchase Start Me Up! We should have all chipped in and hired the band for our own event. if it is a charity event someone will tell us. That will not be a secret.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:50

Cocaine Eyes
soulrob
I was at the Horseshoe as well. The set list seems right.

It was an amazing night.

Well.......HELLO! grinning smiley (Long time, no talk!!)

CE smoking smiley

thumbs up Thanks! Not a bad setlist by the way!

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:53

kate2
Yes, it could be anyone of the local wealthy people. We used to give great, charity parties in the Hotel Del ballroom. It is not very large with a band set up. Some of the likely sponsors would be Bill Gates, Ted Wait..gateway computer, Qualcomm guys, the chip in you cell phone, Padre owners, Charger owners, McDonald or Walmart heirs, doubtful on those two. The owner of the hotel they are staying in Doug Mancheser. I would not fly in unless you want to tend bar or stand outside...

My source who told me where they are staying also said they were checked in for five days. I was wondering if they might do another club show and the Belly Up was the first place that came to mind. Bummer if it's just a private corporate gig.
If it's a charity, which one? I'll make a donation.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:55

kate2
Oh and Bill Gates personally met with Mick to purchase Start Me Up! We should have all chipped in and hired the band for our own event. if it is a charity event someone will tell us. That will not be a secret.

not at all true. i am very familiar with these negotiations (from the microsoft side not the stones). they never spoke with anyone from the band. it was all handled through lawyers and middle managers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 19:56 by Turner68.

Date: May 27, 2015 20:07

Turner68
kate2

not at all true. i am very familiar with these negotiations (from the microsoft side not the stones). they never spoke with anyone from the band. it was all handled through lawyers and middle managers.

Ok...you would then be a better source. I read it in a technology journal online. Thank you for clarifying.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:07

Turner68 you seem to have a great deal of knowledge on all things Stones, just never the Stones perspective? cool smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 20:39

kate2
Turner68
kate2

Ok...you would then be a better source. I read it in a technology journal online. Thank you for clarifying.

here is one first person account
[gartenberg.wordpress.com]

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:40

Turner68 is a promotor of the new Periscope app. It's on IORR somewhere. Is this Bill Gates related?

Date: May 27, 2015 20:42

Turner68
kate2

They did meet in the early 80s, though (1983?), when Gates wanted celebrities to promote Apple products smiling smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:50

"The Rolling Stones are unrepentant capitalists"
[www.forbes.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 20:53 by Title5Take1.

Date: May 27, 2015 20:56

OutOfTime
Turner68 is a promotor of the new Periscope app. It's on IORR somewhere. Is this Bill Gates related?

Don't belittle the man. I suggested that as a joke, him being so enthusiastic about it.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:21

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
kate2

They did meet in the early 80s, though (1983?), when Gates wanted celebrities to promote Apple products smiling smiley

I thought Micro$oft purchased the right to use "Start Me Up" for the launch of Windows 95. Jay Leno was there.

Date: May 27, 2015 21:24

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 21:25 by Turner68.

Date: May 27, 2015 21:25

roller99
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
kate2

I thought Micro$oft purchased the right to use "Start Me Up" for the launch of Windows 95. Jay Leno was there.

yep. [gartenberg.wordpress.com]

Date: May 27, 2015 21:26

Nikkei
OutOfTime

Don't belittle the man. I suggested that as a joke, him being so enthusiastic about it.

LOL! He was just being helpful.

Date: May 27, 2015 21:29

So. Not the least bit interested in Bill Gates and his Stones connection. How about something solid about tonight?

Date: May 27, 2015 21:38

Most solid infor I can get tonight from the San Diego, A list, party charity goers. Is the Belly UP..closed event. Another event tomorrow , at a private home in Rancho Santa Fe. Fee $1,000,000 plus paid to the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 21:57 by kate2.

Date: May 27, 2015 21:42

I'm sure we can find A list events in california on any given night. That don't say much. If they would need to repeat the Sticky Fingers exercise, they had called up Jack Nicholson and Bruce Willis by now. >grinning smiley<

Date: May 27, 2015 21:56

I did not look this up on events sites. I spoke with someone who is going tonight. If i was there, i would drive by for you and be certain. Someone nearby drive by please. Not that I am flying back or that they are selling tixs so I guess it does not really matter.sad smiley

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:59

There are trucks unloading equipment at the Belly Up.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:00

I was just there watching them load in. Was interviewed by oval news. The host is the same guy who hired Macca to play his wife's birthday party in Rancho Santa Fe a few years ago. Doesn't appear there is any way to get in if you're not on the list.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:00

Turner68

Cool points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 22:13 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:01

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:01

I am on the plane to SD. I think I have an in. It might get expensive, but oh so worth it. I cant describe the excitement that is shooting through my body. I am trying not to get over excited, cause I wont know for sure, until I meet with the person who is making the offer to get me in.

Other people have to be trying. Who else is going?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:07

onlystones
I am on the plane to SD. I think I have an in. It might get expensive, but oh so worth it. I cant describe the excitement that is shooting through my body. I am trying not to get over excited, cause I wont know for sure, until I meet with the person who is making the offer to get me in.

Good luck!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:11

onlystones

Lots of people here rooting for you onlystones! Hope you have safe travels and a great night!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 27, 2015 22:13

Don't forget to record the gig, onlystones winking smiley Good luck! thumbs up

Date: May 27, 2015 22:14

Amazing they are playing belly up. I used to live 2 blocks away and have been probably 100 times. It's a small venue. Wow. Jealous.

Date: May 27, 2015 22:15

onlystones

Wow..that is so great you can get in. Who are yousmileys with beer ? Please keep us posted. Looks like a CEO type with new wife hosting tonight or tomorrow. Send photos!

Date: May 27, 2015 22:16

Belly up. The posture dead fish swim in. Still don't quite believe it.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home