Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 34
Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:44

TheBlockbuster
For those of you who are planning on trying to see this concert, don't expect another full Sticky Fingers set. If it's a corporate gig it will be a show full of warhorses.
Here's the setlist for the private Mogador Theatre gig:

It's Only Rock'n Roll
All Down The Line
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Doom And Gloom
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Setlist for tonights show:

Start Me Up
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Brown Sugar
YCAGWYW
Satisfaction

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:46

JumpinJeppeFlash
Setlist for tonights show:

Start Me Up
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Miss You
Brown Sugar
YCAGWYW
Satisfaction

grinning smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 16:48

onlystones
Belly Up to the bar folks. I am on the way to SD. I should be in San Diego by 5pm local time. We shall see what we shall see. Wish me luck. I know one thing for sure. I cant get in if I don't try. If there are any other tips please post them, I will check in on the plane.

God I love this!!!

Leave your Stones tongue t-shirts at home, put on a suit and bow tie and practice your waiter skills........

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
roller99
Let's all chip in and hire them....

That´s been talked about a few times here among fans. I for sure could easily pay at least couple of thousand $$$$$ for that. If 300-400 fans would do the same we could hire them for a special little club-gig.

Can you imagine the fighting over the set list: "I paid $3500, I wanna hear Winter"....

It would be WW4 (WW3 is taken by the Mick/Keith feud in the 80's).

Date: May 27, 2015 16:53

Nikkei
They didn't do a club show in Oslo, they didn't do one in Adelaide, what's the f*ckin deal here?!?

Fonda must have really sucked. >grinning smiley<

No, it was great.

Date: May 27, 2015 16:59

roller99
JumpinJeppeFlash
roller99
Let's all chip in and hire them....

That´s been talked about a few times here among fans. I for sure could easily pay at least couple of thousand $$$$$ for that. If 300-400 fans would do the same we could hire them for a special little club-gig.

Can you imagine the fighting over the set list: "I paid $3500, I wanna hear Winter"....

It would be WW4 (WW3 is taken by the Mick/Keith feud in the 80's).

They would have to chose the setlist by themselves, it wont work out if the fans would decide. Another option would be to let the fans vote what songs they want to hear from a list of let´s say 30-40 songs.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:01

There was a private Pepsi show back in 98 or 99, I think, in Hawaii. Quite a few local people were there, but I think it was a fairly big crowd, as I recall.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:17

Somebody mentioned it being on an island; I wonder if it will be at the Del?
[hoteldel.com]
They have a ballroom that would be bigger than the Belly-Up.
A corporate show at the Belly-Up doesn't make much sense to me given it's location...

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:18

drbryant
There was a private Pepsi show back in 98 or 99, I think, in Hawaii.
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 17:23 by The Stones.

Date: May 27, 2015 17:27

drbryant
There was a private Pepsi show back in 98 or 99, I think, in Hawaii. Quite a few local people were there, but I think it was a fairly big crowd, as I recall.

There have been a few over the years, Pepsi 98, The Joint Vegas 02, Deutsche Bank 07...etc...

At least they have the good taste in buying Rolling Stones and not some crappy rap or other "modern" junk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 17:30 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: May 27, 2015 17:37

jrcjohnny99
Somebody mentioned it being on an island; I wonder if it will be at the Del?
[hoteldel.com]
They have a ballroom that would be bigger than the Belly-Up.
A corporate show at the Belly-Up doesn't make much sense to me given it's location...

This makes more sense. They have an 1100-seat venue with over 10k square feet there. They can essentially shut down access to limit it. Better grab a boat!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:48

roller99
Nikkei
They didn't do a club show in Oslo, they didn't do one in Adelaide, what's the f*ckin deal here?!?

Fonda must have really sucked. >grinning smiley<

No, it was great.

Sure it was. I referred to the footage, which they might expected to be better.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:54

Well, well, well...all I'll say is good luck to you "onlystones" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:59

gotdablouse
!

Me too!
Good Luck "onlystones"!
bv is very silent by the way.
In 2012 at The Magador "RockerParis", who also did the rehearsalreports, got in I think. You must remember gotdablouse!

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:03

I already lost faith in getting the chance to see the Stones someday in a small venue.
I¨m too far away, Uruguay. No contacts, etc
Enjoy those who are able to get in.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:40

The Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto was supposed to be invitation only but a LOT of random fans got in. To my observations from The Horseshoe, you'll get physically thrown out if you are drunk, stoned, whatever. And for crying out loud, do not vomit near the stage.

Man, I hated that night. The Stones were fine but I was filled with dread.....sad smiley

CE smoking smiley

PS. Geez, GOOD LUCK TO ONLYSTONES! hot smiley Try to keep us posted, OK?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 18:42 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:41

My first Stones show was in Hawaii in 1973 at the HIC Arena (not the Neil Blaisdell Center). It holds 7,700 - practically a theater show!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:49

Still trying to figure out the charity part of this gig. Is it a corporate event or a private show bankrolled by an individual fan? Hoping they don't take the phones and cameras from this group and some clips emerge soon afterward.

And the best question is will they attempt a Sticky Fingers set list again? Some here have said no but if it's up to the Stones I can't imagine they wouldn't take the opportunity to practice them all again, especially in light of the great reviews they got from the Fonda show.

peace

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:51

gotdablouse

Yes to that sentiment... I'm a huge Stones fan but I'm quickly also becoming a fan of onlystones as well. As much as I look forward to bv's next blog entry, I'm thinking that it would be fun to read about onlystones adventures in Stonesfandom as well!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:52

Cocaine Eyes
The Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto was supposed to be invitation only but a LOT of random fans got in. To my observations from The Horseshoe, you'll get physically thrown out if you are drunk, stoned, whatever. And for crying out loud, do not vomit near the stage.

Man, I hated that night. The Stones were fine but I was filled with dread.....sad smiley

CE smoking smiley

thumbs up Cocaine Eyes. Wow! You were at the Horses Shoe in 1997. This is one of the most secret shows in Stoneshistory. I took this setlist from www.nzentgraf.de, but it is not verified. Do you remember the setlist?
1997, 4th September: Toronto, Canada, The Horseshoe Tavern.
Unverified setlist:
(Little Queenie/Honky Tonk Women/19th Nervous Breakdown/You Got Me Rocking/Under My Thumb/Little Red Rooster/Miss You/Out Of Control/
The Last Time/Start Me Up/Jumping Jack Flash/Brown Sugar)

Date: May 27, 2015 18:57

OutOfTime
Cocaine Eyes

CE smoking smiley

thumbs up Cocaine Eyes. Wow! You were at the Horses Shoe in 1997. This is one of the most secret shows in Stoneshistory. I took this setlist from www.nzentgraf.de, but it is not verified. Do you remember the setlist?
1997, 4th September: Toronto, Canada, The Horseshoe Tavern.
Unverified setlist:
(Little Queenie/Honky Tonk Women/19th Nervous Breakdown/You Got Me Rocking/Under My Thumb/Little Red Rooster/Miss You/Out Of Control/
The Last Time/Start Me Up/Jumping Jack Flash/Brown Sugar)

Hi, yeah I was there. If memory serves that does sound like the setlist. I recall they started with "Little Queenie" but I'm afraid I don't have a copy of the setlist. But what you've posted sounds about right.smiling smiley

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 19:02

Naturalust
Still trying to figure out the charity part of this gig. Is it a corporate event or a private show bankrolled by an individual fan? Hoping they don't take the phones and cameras from this group and some clips emerge soon afterward.

And the best question is will they attempt a Sticky Fingers set list again? Some here have said no but if it's up to the Stones I can't imagine they wouldn't take the opportunity to practice them all again, especially in light of the great reviews they got from the Fonda show.

peace

Don't feel badly! I can't get any info about this either. I just hope 'onlystones' does well and tells us something......soon!

My info only said the word "corporate" (if that helps at all).

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:03

Good luck to onlystones!!

My flight landed in Seattle last night back from San Diego and I am kinda grateful that I didn't hear about this yesterday as I would have been tempted to cancel it..

After (unsuccessfully) chasing the Fonda gig, it would only take a minute to get back into search mode for a way in..

Was at the Belly Up on Saturday night for s Stones and Beatles cover band battle and it was great fun.

If there is a real show there tonight I will forever lie to myself and others that I saw the Stones at the Belly Up.
drinking smiley

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:04

Mick's hiking photo from San Diego shows me, that the band is staying at the newer 5 star hotel, just east of the Belly Up. The owner of that hotel, is a well known developer in San Diego. He has just sold a large business and come into more cash. Also, he has a new young wife..I think he is in his early seventies. It could be at that hotel. The only island is Coronado and the only venue would be the Hotel Del. So if the hotel developer is paying it would not be the Del. I think Bill Gates did have a big house in Rancho Santa Fe and not sure he still does. The are many very wealthy people in the area. Hey Woz are you still staying at the Del? go check the ballroom for us. I think the only way to get into the concert would to be a waitress or bartender..photographer or security guard. I would be surprised if someone with a private party would sell tixs. They do not need the full band there if some of the back ups are doing other shows this week. I will also investigate but I am back in Park City so I cannot look around. I went to the Belly Up on Sunday at 1pm. I have been there 50 times. It is an old warehouse on the train tracks so it is large and funky. I do remember seeing the calendar say private party on the wall outside. The Belly Up is one block to the beach. There is a train stop there from LA and downtown San Diego.

Date: May 27, 2015 19:19

I cannot figure out how to post a link but google 'Bill Gates Buys Jenny Craigs Farm in Rancho Santa Fe.' This ranch has 4 or 5 large barns. Maybe he has remodeled one. This property is close to where Mick was hiking and Charlie was 'surfing'.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:22

I don't think it's the Belly Up; I noticed on their website they have a few days marked up as "private party" yet tonight is just blank; it would seem logical that it would be marked as such if it was. That's typical for most clubs to do that (Troubadour in LA always has "Private Event" whenever they host one)

I'm still thinking it will be at the Del; There are plenty of big corp's in SD that can afford the Stones.
Won't be the first private even there
[www.utsandiego.com]

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:27

I was at the Horseshoe as well. The set list seems right.

It was an amazing night.

Date: May 27, 2015 19:29

soulrob
I was at the Horseshoe as well. The set list seems right.

It was an amazing night.

Well.......HELLO! grinning smiley (Long time, no talk!!)

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 19:30

kate2
I cannot figure out how to post a link but google 'Bill Gates Buys Jenny Craigs Farm in Rancho Santa Fe.' This ranch has 4 or 5 large barns. Maybe he has remodeled one. This property is close to where Mick was hiking and Charlie was 'surfing'.

Here's the link:

[www.latimes.com]

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 19:33

Yes, it could be anyone of the local wealthy people. We used to give great, charity parties in the Hotel Del ballroom. It is not very large with a band set up. Some of the likely sponsors would be Bill Gates, Ted Wait..gateway computer, Qualcomm guys, the chip in you cell phone, Padre owners, Charger owners, McDonald or Walmart heirs, doubtful on those two, Denny Sanford, banker. The owner of the hotel they are staying in Doug Manchester. I would not fly in unless you want to tend bar or stand outside...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 20:35 by kate2.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home