Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If they'll come back in Europe next year...
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:25

...I think that they must make a new "concept" with 3/4 new songs from a new studio album and a new stage...Zip code Tour will finish with the end of North American Tour and maybe South American leg, then if they'll need continuing in Europe, people want something news...

Re: If they'll come back in Europe next year...
Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: May 25, 2015 13:34

The UK Post-code tour?

It was the rule of thumb in the past that a tour was instigated on the back of a new album. A promotional tour for the album - if you like. This policy now seems to have been pretty much abandoned during this new century with the exception of 'A Bigger Bang' in 2005. So they have become a nostalgia act ... but with a large catalogue of 'old' songs to draw upon. Does it matter? Would new songs (a new album) envigorate the band and have some relevance? I think this has been discussed on the board ad-nauseum. I suppose we'd all like to hear new material.. yet they do give the impression of being creatively moribund.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 15:31 by MrTurner.

Posted by: kishorcsog ()
Date: May 25, 2015 15:19

Black and Blue will be 40 years old next year, Dirty Work 30 smiling smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 15:35

MrTurner
The UK Post-code tour?

A new UK farewell tour and after a flight straight to the french riviera to record a 2 lp album with all the toubles going with. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2015 16:04

kishorcsog
Black and Blue will be 40 years old next year, Dirty Work 30 smiling smiley

Aftermath 50!

They should be touring the 10th Anniversary of ABB this year!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 16:21

I'll be there winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:31

grzegorz67
I'll be there winking smiley

They've already given us the expanded version of ABB in the first place. Maybe the newly remastered version could have fewer songs?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:36

I think the prospect of another Euro tour is unlikely. I think they have completed the circle with this US tour. Maybe they add some South America gigs to this. That's about it. I guess...

Date: May 25, 2015 19:37

...I think that they're still able to make ten decent new songs...Eleven years (next year)without a new album is too much...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:03

Stoneage
I think the prospect of another Euro tour is unlikely. I think they have completed the circle with this US tour. Maybe they add some South America gigs to this. That's about it. I guess...

Why do you think it is unlikely that they would tour Europe again next year?

To me it seems a possibility as they are very popular and there are big places they did not play last time around and they are in a good place as a band.
I have no knowledge of anything planned I'm just guessing that it could be a possibility,if they do I will be there so that's one ticket they have sold already.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:18

Nate
Stoneage

To me it seems a possibility as they are very popular and there are big places they did not play last time around and they are in a good place as a band.
I have no knowledge of anything planned I'm just guessing that it could be a possibility,if they do I will be there so that's one ticket they have sold already.

Something tells me this is their last victory lap. And they played Europe in 2014. It feels like the circle is completed. I might be wrong though. I'm not a wizard.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:19

They played the States in 2013 but return now. So why not? Mick might just feel the need for some of our frantic energy after the US shows.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 26, 2015 00:21

Stoneage
Nate
Stoneage

Something tells me this is their last victory lap. And they played Europe in 2014. It feels like the circle its completed. I might be wrong though. I'm not a wizard.

BV mentioned that London 2016 is still in the plans

Date: May 26, 2015 00:29

Mick spoken about new Tours also next year, so if it'll happens, Europe is a good choice...There are many countries or cities that wait the Stones:East Countries,Finland,Amsterdam in Nederland, two cities at least in Germany, Barcelona in Spain, Milan in Italy, Ireland, some Festivals, Hyde Park or Wembley in London...So 16 dates should be easy, but please...With a new concept and possibly new songs from a new studio album, eleven years is a reasonable time to hear something news!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:20

I Think so too Europe 2016...Prague.Budapest,Munich, and everything mentioned above.......Maybe Scotland and Liverpool.Manchester.Hamburg...and a few others well we shall see and everybody have grand time this Summer!!!!!Be Well.M

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 26, 2015 10:06

I don't see a final Rolling Stones performance taking place anywhere other than the city of their formation: London.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 26, 2015 10:49

If they schedule three shows at the O2 like in 2007, I will take it as a serious sign.
However I believe it's much more likely that the last show will happen somewhere else just before one of them unexpectedly kicks the bucket.

Date: May 26, 2015 11:48

This is a possible cities list of possible show next summer(only for a joke...):

- Barcelona
- Amsterdam (Arena and/or Ziggodome)
- Milan
- Marseille or Lyon
- Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart
- Helsinki
- Goteborg
- St.Petersburg
- Chorzow
- Beograd
- Budapest
- Prague
- Dublin
- Glasgow
- London (Hyde Park and Webley or Twickenham)
- Some Festival (Pinkpop, Werchter, Roskilde)
and so on...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 26, 2015 11:57

I'd bet they play Europe again.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 12:21

Yeah they should do a queue tickets show in London where they play Aftermath UK edition or Beggars or Let It Bleed as these Albums have their roots in London. I am waitinggrinning smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 26, 2015 13:06

40 years in 2016 since the great Earls Court shows and Knebworth.

Date: May 26, 2015 13:08

A Knebworth '76 Box with Audio/Video CD's and DVD's should be very appreciate!!!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:24

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd play a few gigs i London next summer.
We've been spoiled with lots of tours since the O2 Arena dates in 2007 which many, including me, thought were the last ones ever. So there might still be a chance to catch a club show with the band in 2016 I hope. Shows I really would have wanted to go to most recently were The Echoplex and The Fonda in Los Angeles. Yeah, who wouldn't have wanted that btw.

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 11:29

mailexile67
This is a possible cities list of possible show next summer(only for a joke...):

- Barcelona
- Amsterdam (Arena and/or Ziggodome)
- Milan
- Marseille or Lyon
- Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart
- Helsinki
- Goteborg
- St.Petersburg
- Chorzow
- Beograd
- Budapest
- Prague
- Dublin
- Glasgow
- London (Hyde Park and Webley or Twickenham)
- Some Festival (Pinkpop, Werchter, Roskilde)
and so on...

If there's a french date next year, and if it's a stadium show, i assume that it would take place in a stadium recently built (Bordeaux, Lyon, Lille) or renovated (Marseille).

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:54

come to glasgow guys. its a wee cold damp place just ootside the artic circle, i know its a midden but theres many stones fans who live there.

also be nice to release the recent vaults gigs of the past on the glasgow dvd electrical circuit. we dont use thon usa leccy, it dosent travel well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home