Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:48

radkovskii85
tauk
To radkovskii85:

Your photos are so good. I'm trying to figure out how to take such true color, sharp photos. May I please ask you what type of photographic equipment did you use for this? Surely not a cell phone??(I've never tried a cell phone pic, my cell phone is too old).

All pics from internet, dude ) not mine

Credit to Rick Loomis, Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist of the LA Times for the first two shots, and Rich Fury of AP for the third.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 02:25

bye bye johnny
radkovskii85
tauk
To radkovskii85:

Your photos are so good. I'm trying to figure out how to take such true color, sharp photos. May I please ask you what type of photographic equipment did you use for this? Surely not a cell phone??(I've never tried a cell phone pic, my cell phone is too old).

All pics from internet, dude ) not mine

Credit to Rick Loomis, Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist of the LA Times for the first two shots, and Rich Fury of AP for the third.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To byebyejohnny: Thanks for the info.

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: May 30, 2015 03:35

Have any other SD VIP ticket buyers received any of the promised stuff yet (poster, program)?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 30, 2015 04:45

That stuff won't come until the tour is over

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 05:41

tauk
My Amateurish pic #1= blurry/white face-I'd love to know how you guys take the real professional looking pics with true-to-color & close ups. What kind of equipment do you use?

You have to be able to manually set the speed And aperature....

Date: May 30, 2015 05:54

jimpietryga1 wrote:
You have to be able to manually set the speed And aperature....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To: jimpietryga1: Sorry about my lack of knowledge, but I'd love to know more...what type of photographic equipment did you use? Was it a professional camera--well I assume that much I guess..was it a digital or non-digital camera? Are you referring to using a digital camera that is not a cell phone? Or are you referring to using a cell phone?
I used a non-digital 35 mm camera but of course had a CD made so I could store them in my computer.

Thanks for helping me.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 06:33 by tauk.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 30, 2015 05:54

spidey9
flacnvinyl
I have a quick question for those of you who attended. On the picture below, where did the main PA stacks hang?

From the videos and photos it looks as though the main center stacks hung in the center of A3 and A6. Just curious where the line array actually hangs in relation to the floor seats.

You are correct. We were in the middle of A6 and a huge speaker stack was directly in front of us above the stage.

--Bob

Here's a crop from a pic I took at Petco between acts. It might give an idea of the placement of the 4 stage speakers.

Harold

Date: May 30, 2015 06:05

tauk
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:27PM

tauk
... It was beyond the moon, it was beyond the stars. If it had been any better I would've found myself in the hereafter, being greeted by angels at The Pearly Gates of Heaven

I almost started to cry from happiness within the first 30 seconds...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Leonioid wrote:

Sweet!!
I am very happy for you Carolyn, ^^THAT^^ is what it is all about. It is great to hear you had a spectacular time. Gotta love that good ole Rolling Stones magic. Cheers!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks Leonioid. Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a time! Still trying to piece my blown mind back together again!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 30, 2015 06:21

jimpietryga1
...You have to be able to manually set the speed And aperature....

To Jim Pietryga,
Will you please share your best aperture & shutter speed settings advice for the lighting on this tour? What were your settings for that very cool Keith (looking right at you!) & Ronnie pic above? I'm hoping to take pics (as are many others, I'm sure) and would be very grateful for any helpful tipssmiling smiley

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 06:30

For Carolyn....digital or non digital the setting should be the same.
800 ISO 200-250 shutter speed Aperture 4.8-5.6.
Lighting changes all the time obviously, but most photos can be fixed in photoshop at these settings.

Date: May 30, 2015 06:51

tauk
Date: May 27, 2015 10:52PM

Hi everyone. I've not had a chance to post at all since the show until now. My experience was so wonderful, I literally have not been able to really find the right words. I was in A4 Row 3 (I'll describe my Seat # in a separate post right below this one due to something very odd I want to point out).

I was expecting a best-of-the-best kind of show because it's The Stones. I was expecting to be carried to the moon. However,I wasn't expecting it to be so POWERFUL physically& emotionally I feel like my mind was blown to smithereens--in a good way. I've felt sort of shell-shocked for the past couple days--in a good way.

It was beyond the moon, it was beyond the stars. If it had been any better I would've found myself in the hereafter, being greeted by angels at The Pearly Gates of Heaven.

I almost started to cry from happiness within the first 30 seconds.

I paid a small fortune. Within 5 minutes I thought "I'd have paid twice this much if I had to".

I've watched hundreds or so DVD's & you tubes of RS concerts. And I was at one in the '90's in Wisconsin (with horrible seats.) However, either Mick was really pouring it on in every good way or else this just goes to show how you can't know how POWERFUL it is to get the chance to see them up fairly close. Or perhaps it's a bit of both those factors.

And I did notice Keith seemed to me to be very genuinely happy--and Ronnie too. Mick imho came across as really wanting to please the audience very much so. and I think he more than accomplished that.

I'm so thankful for this iorr.org. I would'nt have had a chance in he** to know how to get a good seat, or maybe I wouldn't have even known about the Tour at all, at least not on time to get a decent seat. Plus iorr is how I ended up buying my 2nd ticket. Thank you to all who answered my questions along the way.

P.S. One caveat: in future shows beware of spontaneous spitting on the stage from one of the most least-likely principals (only Charlie would've been more unlikely)-in the future, I hope he isn't spitting into the wind-could be a bad thing for the audience who have probably paid quite a bit to be so close-up...on the other hand, gee, Mick Jagger's DNA on ya..hmmmmm---well, even in that event, die-hard fans might not really mind--- all-in-all just a little extra price to pay for close seats--have to allow for artisitic temperments in this show biz stuff! And real fans, us, we're really such a forgiving type...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(hey my first time using any different font color-I promise it'll just be this one time)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 07:12 by tauk.

Date: May 30, 2015 06:58

Thanks for the info. You really know how to take good photos.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:00

tauk
tauk
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:27PM

tauk
... It was beyond the moon, it was beyond the stars. If it had been any better I would've found myself in the hereafter, being greeted by angels at The Pearly Gates of Heaven

I almost started to cry from happiness within the first 30 seconds...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Leonioid wrote:

Sweet!!
I am very happy for you Carolyn, ^^THAT^^ is what it is all about. It is great to hear you had a spectacular time. Gotta love that good ole Rolling Stones magic. Cheers!!

Carolyn. I decided to go to Raleigh as well. This decision was made within 30 seconds of the start of SD. Pure joy. I must have more. Is there any way you can attend the Kansas City show? I know it's all crazy expensive for the truly fab seats. If not, at least you were in the best of seats in SD. Keep us posted.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks Leonioid. Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a time! Still trying to piece my blown mind back together again![/quote

Posted by: curt ()
Date: June 1, 2015 00:36

Quite a night that was, here are a few more shots:

Posted by: Marln864 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 00:58

Great pics! I'm going to the Indy show July 4th. My first time seeing them live.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 1, 2015 01:20

Nice, curt - thanks! Are we going to see you at any more shows?

Date: June 1, 2015 01:22

Marln864
Great pics! I'm going to the Indy show July 4th. My first time seeing them live.

Thank you for the kind comment. You will really enjoy yourself, the first time one sees them is certainly a unique and powerful experience. And a July 4th show can have an added dimension of shall we say freedom !! I have been to two such shows and the one in Memphis in '75 was quite a party.

Date: June 1, 2015 01:25

Beast
Nice, curt - thanks! Are we going to see you at any more shows?

Depends on which ones we all go to.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:35

Nice shots, curt...
Love the one w/Jagger wearing the red cape as a tribute to L'Wren..

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 04:43

the photos have been insanely good. thank you everyone.

Date: June 1, 2015 04:59

steffialicia wrote: Carolyn. I decided to go to Raleigh as well. This decision was made within 30 seconds of the start of SD. Pure joy. I must have more. Is there any way you can attend the Kansas City show? I know it's all crazy expensive for the truly fab seats. If not, at least you were in the best of seats in SD. Keep us posted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
to steffialicia: Hey I didn't see your post until just now--thanks for asking if I can go to Kansas City-I wish I could but I am so broke now! My trip to SD costed me more $ than i had planned, for several reasons, plus the ticket cost was so high! If there was any way I could go I would. But the last minute airfare & hotel rates would kill me/be impossible really. One possible snag though might be if I can't get my ticket sold-it is runway section, Keith's side, 22nd row & only a few seats from the runway.

So besides Raliegh are you going to a 3rd concert? Are you going to Kansas?
I know what you mean about that powerful impact of the SD concert. I felt the same way, starting within seconds of you-know-who coming out on stage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 05:11 by tauk.

Date: June 2, 2015 23:57

tauk
steffialicia wrote: Carolyn. I decided to go to Raleigh as well. This decision was made within 30 seconds of the start of SD. Pure joy. I must have more. Is there any way you can attend the Kansas City show? I know it's all crazy expensive for the truly fab seats. If not, at least you were in the best of seats in SD. Keep us posted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
to steffialicia: Hey I didn't see your post until just now--thanks for asking if I can go to Kansas City-I wish I could but I am so broke now! My trip to SD costed me more $ than i had planned, for several reasons, plus the ticket cost was so high! If there was any way I could go I would. But the last minute airfare & hotel rates would kill me/be impossible really. One possible snag though might be if I can't get my ticket sold-it is runway section, Keith's side, 22nd row & only a few seats from the runway.

So besides Raliegh are you going to a 3rd concert? Are you going to Kansas?
I know what you mean about that powerful impact of the SD concert. I felt the same way, starting within seconds of you-know-who coming out on stage.

Hi Carolyn-Just saw your response. I originally planned to go to SD and Pittsburgh. I added Raleigh in those first ecstatic SD seconds. No plans for Kansas City. I mentioned it cause I thought you were considering it. I just loved your post about the joy of SD! I so got it!

Date: June 3, 2015 02:07

steffialicia wrote:
Hi Carolyn-Just saw your response. I originally planned to go to SD and Pittsburgh. I added Raleigh in those first ecstatic SD seconds. No plans for Kansas City. I mentioned it cause I thought you were considering it. I just loved your post about the joy of SD! I so got it!

To steffialicia: hey there-yes, we really got treated to a mind-blowing 2 hours & 15 min. of The Greatest Rock Band On Earth! It's still kind of hard to shake it off-- but who wants to anyway, right?

Lucky you-getting to go to 2 more!!! I bet they'll all be wonderful--post your thoughts/feelings about them as soon as you can afterward.

Did you get the chance to take any pictures in SD?

I can't recall which section/row/seat you & your friend had.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 02:20

MisterDDDD
Nice shots, curt...

I guess I'm just slow not to pick up on the L'Wren tribute. Indeed a sweet gesture, especially since it is about the ugliest, most bizzare thing I've ever seen him wear. Perhaps he likes it, who knows, but any nod to her is indeed touching.

Excellent shots curt. Thanks for posting.

peace

Date: June 3, 2015 02:34

Naturalust
MisterDDDD
Nice shots, curt...

I guess I'm just slow not to pick up on the L'Wren tribute. Indeed a sweet gesture, especially since it is about the ugliest, most bizzare thing I've ever seen him wear. Perhaps he likes it, who knows, but any nod to her is indeed touching.

peace

To Naturalust: I feel the exact same way re. that thing. I just hadn't had the chance to mention it--but from the first second I seen it I was surprised he'd choose such a thing.

I was so relieved when he flung the thing off.

I didn't know about the conncetion to L'Wren- of course that was a nice gesture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 02:38 by tauk.

Date: June 3, 2015 03:56

tauk
steffialicia wrote:

To steffialicia: hey there-yes, we really got treated to a mind-blowing 2 hours & 15 min. of The Greatest Rock Band On Earth! It's still kind of hard to shake it off-- but who wants to anyway, right?

Lucky you-getting to go to 2 more!!! I bet they'll all be wonderful--post your thoughts/feelings about them as soon as you can afterward.

No photos. Just not close enough to even try. Pittsburgh and Raleigh's seats are waaaaaaaay better. I may need a valium! Unfortunately, I just got some bad news about my dachshund, Ruby Tuesday, so although I am looking forward to the shows, I'm feeling differently than I did before SD. Sooner or later, life intrudes.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 04:11

tauk
Naturalust
MisterDDDD
Nice shots, curt...

peace

To Naturalust: I feel the exact same way re. that thing. I just hadn't had the chance to mention it--but from the first second I seen it I was surprised he'd choose such a thing.

I was so relieved when he flung the thing off.

I didn't know about the conncetion to L'Wren- of course that was a nice gesture.

I'm glad you agree tauk. I was somewhat scared I'd have the iorr ladies giving me a lecture about the beauty of such fashion statements! I'm pretty sure if I was approached by anyone wearing such a display the impulse to turn around a run would be pretty hard to resist.

I know little about fashion but the only benefit I can see from wearing something like that, in red no less, would be it certainly attracts attention and perhaps other things like innate beauty and/or stylish shoes might get noticed as well. cool smiley Knowing now it was a nod to L'wren makes it pretty cool but not the least bit less bizzare. Perhaps Bianca or Anita circa 1969 could have pulled it off but not Mick circa 2015.

peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 3, 2015 04:23

steffialicia

No photos. Just not close enough to even try. Pittsburgh and Raleigh's seats are waaaaaaaay better. I may need a valium! Unfortunately, I just got some bad news about my dachshund, Ruby Tuesday, so although I am looking forward to the shows, I'm feeling differently than I did before SD. Sooner or later, life intrudes.

Awww, that's too bad steffialicia. I had a dachshund named Stumpy when I was growing up, I know what wonderful dogs they are. Life does intrude, but we can always retreat with the Stones. Best to you and your Ruby Tuesday.

Date: June 3, 2015 04:28

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Date: June 3, 2015 04:37

steffialicia
tauk
steffialicia wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To steffialicia: I'm sorry to hear about your Ruby Tuesday. I hope the situation improves. Yes, life so rudely intrudes upon our other thoughts about the you-know-who's. It can be very irritating.

My attitude since the concert has basically been, in general to everyone/everything this: "Hey, Hey You, You, Get Off Of My Cloud....two's a crowd on my cloud, baby!"

At least I know I'm not the only person feeling this way! Good Luck.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home