Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 35 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 27, 2015 13:51

I'm very impressed with this version of Brown Sugar from Petco, it could have been mind-blowing, if Mick had sung a bit more on key, and they'd turned down Lisa a bit in the mix:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 13:51 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 27, 2015 14:06

Spectacular pics, latvianinexile!! Thanks so much for posting them. I always look forward to your photos in the show threads and they're always top notch thumbs upthumbs up. The B&W final bow shot in profile is gorgeous and that 1st one of "Mick" is hilarious! I see you also captured the same sweet moment during Moonlight Mile that Kevin Mazur did, but from a different angle (see below).

by Latvianinexile:

by Kevin Mazur

Also, thank you Jim Pietryga for posting your fabulous shots - I googled you and saw some of your other Stones pics - great stuff!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2015 14:33

Two great pics of Mick and Keith by a couple of great photographers.

Keep them coming for the rest of the Tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 27, 2015 14:45

RawIguanaCologne
This is BV on the left, right?

That's pretty amizing if he is at two places at the same time smoking smiley

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:39

Mabe a stupid question: when a concert takes place in a baseball park, there are non seats on the infield (this zone seems to be protected). Why?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:51

Here s a positive note: in the bridge, "hear me..." part Ronnie and Keith are great. Really good. One of them hits some high ringing note that is just perfect. And the band is good. The solo isnt. Mick is ok but I agree with sicilian about the lack of attitude/edge/Jagger. Actually that was a problem already in 1969. Live with me. Studio version is perfect. Mick is awesome on it. Live he never even came close.

Date: May 27, 2015 16:52

yeababyyea
I'm very impressed with this version of Brown Sugar from Petco, it could have been mind-blowing, if Mick had sung a bit more on key, and they'd turned down Lisa a bit in the mix:

Same routine as always but the ending is pretty good.

Date: May 27, 2015 16:57

waterrats
Redhotcarpet
Dont ask me, ask Ronnie. He is in the band and he tried to play it.

I don't think so.
I think, YOU believe that Ronnie tried to play it.
Like, you know what Ronnie thinks or wants.

Impressive, to say the least.

C'mon, pal, cool it.

Im cool it's some iorrians who cant take any criticism of the band and/or Ronnie and who feel they have to defend them/he by attacking fans like me. If theres anything typical of the Stones in the 60s, 70s, 80s it was the harsch criticism that always made them sharpen their teeth.

Regarding the solo I dont know what Ronnie thinks or feels but I can hear perfectly well.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:19

THERE SHOULD BE EVERY EMOTION ABOUT THE STONES HERE.
WE ARE A FAMILY - AND POSITIVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND VERY CRITICAL UNCLES - THEY ALL BELONG HERE.
IF YOU DON´T LIKE THE OPINION OF SOMEONE JUST DON´T READ HIS POSTS AGAIN.
THAT SIMPLE.
THERE ARE SO MANY POSITIVE VIBES HERE - AS FOR NOT FLYING THROUGH THE ROOF SOMETIMES IT IS NOT BAD TO HAVE SOME PEOPLE WHO HANDLE THE BAND A BIT HARDER.
WE ARE A FANS OF A BAND WITH VERY VERY DIFFERENT SONGS/LYRICS/MOODS.
WE SHOULD ALOUD AND ACCEPT THE SAME VARIETY HERE.

Date: May 27, 2015 17:21

caschimann
WE ARE A FAMILY - AND POSITIVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND VERY CRITICAL UNCLES - THEY ALL BELONG HERE.
THAT SIMPLE.
THERE ARE SO MANY POSITIVE VIBES HERE - AS FOR NOT FLYING THROUGH THE ROOF SOMETIMES IT IS NOT BAD TO HAVE SOME PEOPLE WHO HANDLE THE BAND A BIT HARDER.

You got that right winking smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:21

caschimann
THAT SIMPLE.

OK but why are you SHOUTING ?

Date: May 27, 2015 17:26

I really hope this one finds its way into the setlist:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 27, 2015 17:45

caschimann
THAT SIMPLE.

OK but why are you SHOUTING ?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:54

DandelionPowderman
I really hope this one finds its way into the setlist:

[www.youtube.com]

Oh yes and thank you for posting. Havent seen that clip before. Hope they release the LA theatre showsmiling smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:09

I think you' re rihgt, yeababyyea. The particular version of "Brown Sugar" is excellent.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:13

The Stones always manage to amaze me, my opinion is that they are playing very well, better than other tours.

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:24

Better than 14 on Fire? We'll see...

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:26

Hey latvianinexile! Outstanding photos!!! Looks like KR was staring straight at you!!! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:45

MRAmandaJones
Mabe a stupid question: when a concert takes place in a baseball park, there are non seats on the infield (this zone seems to be protected). Why?

I'd have to bet that money is the bottom line reason but pride could also factor in (see below). If the Stones/promoter had wanted to sell seats there, it would have been covered and sold and repairs to that section of the field would have been made after the show. The groundskeepers are good but not miracle workers so repairing the infield probably costs more than repair of the outfield. On fields with real grass this is more of an issue as opposed to fields of synthetic grass.

Our local university football stadium (Neyland Stadium, University of Tennessee) was rented out to the Jackson's in 1984 for three shows but there was artificial turf at that point. Real grass was installed in 1993 and when the Stones contacted UT (I think in '94 but it may have been '97 I can't remember which) about using the stadium for a show, they were flatly told no due to the proximity to football season and the damage to the field. The only time it's been used for a concert since the grass has gone back in is when Kenny Chesney played there in June of 2003. It's a shame that the controlling factors live and die by football (can you tell I'm not much of a fan). That stadium is the sixth largest in the US (8th in the world) and at the intersection of two major interstate highways. I KNOW we'd have gotten some decent shows in there if the powers that be weren't so anal about their precious field. As it is, the 25,000 seat basketball arena next door (which sounds horrible!) stays fairly busy.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 27, 2015 18:53

laertisflash
I think you' re rihgt, yeababyyea. The particular version of "Brown Sugar" is excellent.

How come, is there something special you like about this version?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:04

I said it as soon as I heard it in the livestream: the way Denson is showboating on the BS solo angers me. IMO he's not in a position to put his mark on that.

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:11

mr_dja
MRAmandaJones

I'd have to bet that money is the bottom line reason but pride could also factor in (see below). If the Stones/promoter had wanted to sell seats there, it would have been covered and sold and repairs to that section of the field would have been made after the show. The groundskeepers are good but not miracle workers so repairing the infield probably costs more than repair of the outfield. On fields with real grass this is more of an issue as opposed to fields of synthetic grass.

Our local university football stadium (Neyland Stadium, University of Tennessee) was rented out to the Jackson's in 1984 for three shows but there was artificial turf at that point. Real grass was installed in 1993 and when the Stones contacted UT (I think in '94 but it may have been '97 I can't remember which) about using the stadium for a show, they were flatly told no due to the proximity to football season and the damage to the field. The only time it's been used for a concert since the grass has gone back in is when Kenny Chesney played there in June of 2003. It's a shame that the controlling factors live and die by football (can you tell I'm not much of a fan). That stadium is the sixth largest in the US (8th in the world) and at the intersection of two major interstate highways. I KNOW we'd have gotten some decent shows in there if the powers that be weren't so anal about their precious field. As it is, the 25,000 seat basketball arena next door (which sounds horrible!) stays fairly busy.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Thank u very much for you reply.

The fact is that this "hole" in the middle of the stadium is a little bit strange when you look at photos of shows...

Y.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:28

It's standard procedure to keep the sacred infields of ballparks protected.
I do not believe that The Stones or their promoters would have had ANY choice in the matter.

The "hole" creates a massive disconnect between the floor and the permanent seats.
Almost as if the baseball park shows NEVER seem sold out.

It sucks.
In my humble opinion.

Date: May 27, 2015 19:30

When I was in Boston, August 2005, opening night of Bigger Bang it all took place
in Fenway Park.
With the same layout: The main playground was left free.

For one main reason:

People standing on holy Fenway Ground is something Bostoner´s would never ever accept.

To see this place of their heart free and safe during concert is a condition.

It is the only way they can enjoy a show. Whoever is playing there.

Date: May 27, 2015 19:34

Nikkei
I said it as soon as I heard it in the livestream: the way Denson is showboating on the BS solo angers me. IMO he's not in a position to put his mark on that.

I actually liked it. While there's no doubt that it's not Bobby playing, I think Carl does a really good job getting some of Bobby's "flavor" (phrasing & "sounds" as opposed to exact notes) into his solo while still playing his own solo seemingly "in the moment". Based on the smiles on KR's face both during and after the solo, I'm pretty sure HE'S OK with what Carl played. Although we all have our own preferences as to what we prefer, if there's any one person I'm willing to trust with finding an acceptable replacement for Bobby, it's KR. It will be interesting to see how he varies the solo on the next 14 shows.

On a related subject, I'm STILL trying to figure out exactly what Stu and CW were thinking when deciding on CL & DJ but that's a conversation for another thread.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:50

getting noting other htna the waiting circle...

Date: May 27, 2015 19:58

Sounds like Kurt and caschimann know some pretty passionate baseball fans! While I won't claim that they're incorrect (as I said in my previous post there are some pretty shortsighted football fans here in Knoxville as well), I think it has as much to do with the recovery time for the natural grass and whether the team is IN-SEASON at the time of the concert. Reason being: Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field are some of the most sacred fields to their baseball teams and fans yet all three have been used for open-air hockey games where the rink has clearly been at least partially covering the infield. Could just be a double standard between the sports and concert world or some tolerance by the local fans for another of their "home teams" but I'm still thinking that the recovery time of the grass before the next home game is the bottom line.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:56

Redhotcarpet asked me about "Brown Sugar":

"How come, is there something special you like about this version?"

Hmmm.. Ronnie's play sounds a bit more "cheerful" (than usualy) in my ears and that "a bit" more factor is enough for making an excellent version, just because I really enjoy the "usual" versions too. No routine, for me..

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:09

latvianinexile
Some of my pics

Awesome pics, as usual. Thanks for sharing. smileys with beer

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:13

Redhotcarpet
laertisflash

How come, is there something special you like about this version?

Keith's on form. He hits the strings much harder than he usually does on Brown Sugar, and keeps on riffing through the whole song. Sometimes he stops playing when Mick starts to sing, then it sounds a bit flat as you only hear Chuck's lonely keyboard behind Mick.
The tempo of the song is also slightly faster than last year, imo.

Overall, the whole band is ''on''.
The only weak link is Mick singing, he should be more in key.
And I could do without Lisa's tiresome backing vocals.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 35 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home