Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940
Current Page: 40 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:12

Naturalust
tauk
Naturalust
MisterDDDD
Nice shots, curt...
Love the one w/Jagger wearing the red cape as a tribute to L'Wren..

I guess I'm just slow not to pick up on the L'Wren tribute. Indeed a sweet gesture, especially since it is about the ugliest, most bizzare thing I've ever seen him wear. Perhaps he likes it, who knows, but any nod to her is indeed touching.

Excellent shots curt. Thanks for posting.

peace

To Naturalust: I feel the exact same way re. that thing. I just hadn't had the chance to mention it--but from the first second I seen it I was surprised he'd choose such a thing.

I was so relieved when he flung the thing off.

I didn't know about the conncetion to L'Wren- of course that was a nice gesture.

I'm glad you agree tauk. I was somewhat scared I'd have the iorr ladies giving me a lecture about the beauty of such fashion statements! I'm pretty sure if I was approached by anyone wearing such a display the impulse to turn around a run would be pretty hard to resist.

I know little about fashion but the only benefit I can see from wearing something like that, in red no less, would be it certainly attracts attention and perhaps other things like innate beauty and/or stylish shoes might get noticed as well. cool smiley Knowing now it was a nod to L'wren makes it pretty cool but not the least bit less bizzare. Perhaps Bianca or Anita circa 1969 could have pulled it off but not Mick circa 2015.

peace

Naturalust, So nice to find a kindred spirit in you...we seem to agree very often. Ugly and bizarre are definitely the right description! Oh gee I don't see how anyone, ladies or not, would've liked that thing. But ya, I've been a little afraid to mention it also because I wasn't totally sure how others think about it. Someone else on this web site mentioned it as a "gorilla" suit. I don't think anyone, including Anita or Bianca would ever have donned such a thing, straight, drunk, or otherwise messed up.

I mean, when I seen the thing I think I actually "winced" in pain for MJ. At least I emotionally "winced."

My only other "wincing in pain" incidents for The Stones before this gorilla thing occurred, has been whenever I accidentally find myself seeing The Stones perform in their very earliest MTV videos. Like the one in sailor suits/bubbles/or Start me Up or any of those 1980's music video things. Because they were such a superior & cool band, they were probably the worst band to ever have to adapt to that change in the music scene-videos! I'm sure the Stones despised that. They've gotten way better of course in the videos, but those very first ones in the early '80's OUCH!

This red gorilla thing is almost, but not quite, bad enough of an image for me to pull out & post my trusty cartoon/graphic which I only post in near emergencies involving gross/turn-off postings (The "Desperately Trying to Get That Image Out Of My Mind" cartoon.) I don't know if you've ever caught one of my postings of that-- I'll let this gorilla thing go, but it's a close call.

Thanks for the empathy & validation, as usual.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 05:35 by tauk.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: June 3, 2015 13:49

Naturalust
MisterDDDD
Nice shots, curt...
Love the one w/Jagger wearing the red cape as a tribute to L'Wren..

I guess I'm just slow not to pick up on the L'Wren tribute. Indeed a sweet gesture, especially since it is about the ugliest, most bizzare thing I've ever seen him wear. Perhaps he likes it, who knows, but any nod to her is indeed touching.

Excellent shots curt. Thanks for posting.

peace

Thank you Mister DDD and Naturalust.
I had been aiming at getting those shots for the last few times around, finally got 'em.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:40

curt

Stunning shots, Curt!!thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up The one above is KILLER!! Thanks so much for posting them. BTW, I've seen your online gallery - many more amazing shots of the Stones onstage throughout the years there. Wonderful New Barbarians shots, too!

What make/model camera did you use for this show and how close were you? I'm hoping to photograph the Stones @ an upcoming gig and would greatly appreciate any helpful tips you may have to offer (as would others here, I'm sure). smiling smiley

Posted by: curt ()
Date: June 3, 2015 16:42

Plink
curt

Stunning shots, Curt!!thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up The one above is KILLER!! Thanks so much for posting them. BTW, I've seen your online gallery - many more amazing shots of the Stones onstage throughout the years there. Wonderful New Barbarians shots, too!

What make/model camera did you use for this show and how close were you? I'm hoping to photograph the Stones @ an upcoming gig and would greatly appreciate any helpful tips you may have to offer (as would others here, I'm sure). smiling smiley

Thank you very much for your appreciation of my work and for visiting my online gallery.

For this particular shot in San Diego these are some of the camera details:

Camera Brand: SONY
Camera Model: DSC-HX10V
Date Taken: 2015:05:24 21:47:32
Exposure Time: 1/159 sec.
ISO Speed Rating: 1600
Flash Fired: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode.
Metering Mode: Pattern
Exposure Program: Normal program
Focal Length: approximately 270mm.

I was in A-5, row 3, seat 17. Fairly close all things considered.
Generally speaking the closer the better, because if you want shots with good focus and depth of field it is necessary to use a fast shutter speed and a relatively small aperture. The Rolling Stones don't really stand around posing
and you have no control at all over lighting so the more manual control you have over your camera the better. I would suggest an ISO rating of not less than 800, or if your are using a film camera an ASA rating of 800.A shutter speed of at least a 125th and a lens opening no wider than 5.6

I hope that is somewhat helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 16:52 by curt.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 3, 2015 16:47

Very helpful indeed, Curt! Thank you so much for all the info smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940
Current Page: 40 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home