Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 37 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 28, 2015 13:47

Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:27PM

tauk
... It was beyond the moon, it was beyond the stars. If it had been any better I would've found myself in the hereafter, being greeted by angels at The Pearly Gates of Heaven

I almost started to cry from happiness within the first 30 seconds...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Leonidid wrote:

Sweet!!
I am very happy for you Carolyn, ^^THAT^^ is what it is all about. It is great to hear you had a spectacular time. Gotta love that good ole Rolling Stones magic. Cheers!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 14:33 by tauk.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:04

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:10

It does sound like Keith is trying to do what he did on the studio version on Brown Sugar. Riffing hard at the ending. Keeping the rhythm.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:15

Pretty good, Ronnie is just fine, I know Taylor could have turned this into higher spheres but that doesnt mean Ronnie aint good on it. I think Mick sings it fine too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 14:17 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:30

My new favorite ADTL. God Mick gets off!!!!

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:46

Lisa Fisher facebook page added a picture

]

caption : "Next town, next ZIP CODE!
Columbus, OH get ready for The Rolling Stones on Saturday!

Photo by Bjornulf Vik / iorr.org"

congrats Monsieur BV, you deserves it !

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:48

what's that gadget next to the keyboards?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:55

^^^
You mean Matt Clifford?

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:03

Yep, just randomly picked a hotel out of the blue.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:54

Sam4741
I was at the Petco show and don't let anyone fool you--the gig was incredible. Don't know if anyone cares for a review at this point, but here A few thoughts:

--Many people on this board are tired of the warhoses (and rightfully so), but when they were played at Petco, the crowd went crazy. So I understand the band's decision to keep them in the setlist. The show would feel incomplete to a lot of people without SMU, Satisfaction, JJ Flash, etc.

--Keith was in fine form throughout the night, and his playing got beter throughout the show. Yes, his SFTD solos are pretty unremarkable at this point, but his playing on Brown Sugar and Satisfaction was pretty sharp. His solo at the end of Satisfaction was actually very solid. Brown Sugar though might have been the highlight of the show. The band hit a real nice groove at the end, with Keith throwing in some nice lead and Ronnie (thank god) straying from the same two licks he usually plays in the song nowadays. Karl Denson also did a great job of staying close to Bobby's orginal playing on the track, and adding his own personal touch.

--The acoustics in the stadium were awful. Impossible to distinguish who was playing what, and I couldn't even hear the saxophones. Maybe that had to do with the fact that the guitars were so loud in the mix, which I happen to like. Chuck and Darryl didn't dominate the sound, letting Keith and Ronnie lead the way, giving the show the classic Stones feel that it was about to fall flat on its face (never actually happening though, of course)

--Mick, simply put, is a freak of nature. I don't understand how it's possible for a 71 year old to move like that. And his vocals were surprisingly good. He hit high notes in Can't You Hear Me Knocking I didn't think he would be able to hit. The band also did a great job with Moonlight Mile, completing the difficult task of retaining the spacy, dreamlike vibe of the original.

Good review. It was not the acoustics of Petco Park. It was the sound mix of the Stones engineers. They had trouble with it all show. I know, because I was in the exact same seats for Paul McCartney at Petco last Fall, and his sound was excellent. The best I've ever heard in a stadium. The Stones sound people did not duplicate that.

yes there are always some bad sound seats in stadiums, especially under overhangs, but Sunday I would hear sax, and then it vanished, then it came back, same with guitars, etc. Lots of reverb in the sound too, very muddled at times. Either the crew is rusty or didn't test it out well enough.

The band did fine. Yes Keith faded in & out at times. Ronnie was excellent. They really highlighted him, and he stepped up well. Charlie solid, and Mick amazing. As good as I've ever seen him with energy & vocals.

The great reviews are fueling ticket sales now for the rest of the tour. All part of their master plan!

Posted by: radkovskii85 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:37

Date: May 29, 2015 00:38

Date: May 29, 2015 00:39

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:12

Wow!

Great Pics!!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:11

Finally getting a chance to posting a quick little something about the show, I've been crazy busy since I got home. It was so awesome to see my favorite band live again even though I really don't care for stadium shows but these days I take every one of their shows as a gift. I really enjoyed the setlist, warhorses and all, but of course my favorite part was the Sticky Fingers set with Moonlight Mile in particular. It sounded so beautiful when I heard it live for the first time in 1999 and possibly even better last Sunday, what a treat! Hopefully they'll expand a little bit on this short SF set as the tour goes on, I would love to see them play I Got The Blues or even Sister Morphine!

Our seats were in Section A-10, on the floor plan they didn't look all that bad but I'm really short and of course I ended up with nothing but tall people in front of me. I swear Bill Walton was one of them but I doubt his seats were in A-10!!! LOL Make a long story short, most of the first half I couldn't even see the stage at all and only the top half of the big screen but as the show went on people started moving around and things got better. The sound in our section seemed a bit muddled which I originally blamed on my new Etimotic earplugs that I wore for the first time and which worked fabulously btw., I have since read that other people got the same impression.

Sunday afternoon we hung out at The Deck at Moonshine Flats. I was really hoping on meeting some of you IORR folks but it turned out that the only people I talked to were my buddy Matt Lee, the lovely tauk and timbernardis and I believe Richard from Aukland with all the Stones pins after the show. BluzDude, I caught you walking past me, I tried to say hi but with all the noise in there it wasn't possible.

All in all we had a great weekend in San Diego, so much fun meeting many Shidoobee friends I hadn't seen in years but seeing the Stones again topped it all of course. Now I'm pondering which other shows I should go for....

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:53

radkovskii85's last shot is really beautiful.smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 08:45

thruandthru wrote:

Sunday afternoon we hung out at The Deck at Moonshine Flats. I was really hoping on meeting some of you IORR folks but it turned out that the only people I talked to were my buddy Matt Lee, the lovely tauk and timbernardis and I believe Richard from Aukland with all the Stones pins after the show. BluzDude, I caught you walking past me, I tried to say hi but with all the noise in there it wasn't possible.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To thruandthru:smiling smiley Oh thank you, you're so kind. I'm very glad to have met you. Glad I ran into you guy's table as soon as I got there. I didn't get there until a little after 4, maybe even close to 4:30pm, I was running a little behind that day-airports were so crowded.

Date: May 29, 2015 08:57

To radkovskii85:

Your photos are so good. I'm trying to figure out how to take such true color, sharp photos. May I please ask you what type of photographic equipment did you use for this? Surely not a cell phone??(I've never tried a cell phone pic, my cell phone is too old).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 09:00 by tauk.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:45

I have a quick question for those of you who attended. On the picture below, where did the main PA stacks hang?

From the videos and photos it looks as though the main center stacks hung in the center of A3 and A6. Just curious where the line array actually hangs in relation to the floor seats.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:59

Redhotcarpet
Pretty good, Ronnie is just fine, I know Taylor could have turned this into higher spheres but that doesnt mean Ronnie aint good on it. I think Mick sings it fine too.

YEAH bloody hell! That's Rock 'n Roll!
Compliments to the one who filmed this, too. Good to see the band focused like this.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: May 29, 2015 10:31

Daggone, that's lame. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 10:32 by TonyMo.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:18

TonyMo

Daggone, that's lame.

Maybe my ears are clogged or somethin'
Maybe I'm not understanding the English language.
But how on earth do you think that's lame?
What I see in this video is nothing but a pure Rock 'n Roll band that is having a great
deal of fun playing a great song. It got my tailfeather shaking all right!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 12:19 by marcovandereijk.

Date: May 29, 2015 12:29

I am a little bit worried about Stones2000. He travelled to San Diego and we have not heard from him since. Hope he didn't get lost at the concert?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:31

I know it was all seating at the stadium but in videos lots of people standing in the field area and near stage.

I guess the seats were there and fans just got up when the gig started.

Any problems with security if you started moving around the area ?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:45

Is there any video clips of moon light mile or have i missed it?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:22

This one of Moonlight Mile isn't bad odeon73. smileys with beer

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 29, 2015 18:47

crawdaddy
I know it was all seating at the stadium but in videos lots of people standing in the field area and near stage.

I guess the seats were there and fans just got up when the gig started.

Any problems with security if you started moving around the area ?

Security was useless where we were. We were row 2 of A12, and for the entire concert people mobbed the aisle in front of us, either walking or stopping and watching right in front of us and security did nothing. There was one security guy who tried to move people along, but more people would move in. The other security people just watched the concert, and did not do their job. Made me mad, we were on our feet the entire time. My friend is 5 feet tall, and she had a hard time seeing the whole time.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:39

Nikkei
I am a little bit worried about Stones2000. He travelled to San Diego and we have not heard from him since. Hope he didn't get lost at the concert?

I am worried too. I did see a post from an iorr member that he brought his 14yr brother to his first concert. Maybe they are vacationing.

Date: May 29, 2015 20:24

Stones2000 IS the 14 year old dude.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:25

Nikkei

I'm doing great! Thanks so much for caring, though. I went down with my dad, and we did a bit of a road trip back home. I didn't have Wi-Fi a lot, so I haven't had many chances to post. I'm home safe and sound, though! I can't wait to post my little review in the "San Diego" thread. It was the greatest night of my life!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 37 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home