Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:53

Naturalust
Turner68
Rokyfan
wellalright
would it kill mick and keith to share a mic just once? that would be the dog whistle to we diehards. the ultimate statement.
why? They're touring at age 70+ continuing to make history. They can afford the best equipment and do not need to share. People at the shows are digging the crap out of the music. Why would anyone care about what mics they sing into? I think they don't because they would feel silly doing so.

them sharing a mike would be a little too kitschy at this point, almost as bad as doing something like playing a loop of the studio version cowbell at the beginning of HTW live

oh wait....

Well for one thing it produces a very natural mix when they share a mic, and it's a welcome show of affection between the two.

Lots of threads on this for anyone more interested. thx with sssoul.

[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

peace

thank you, Naturalust.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:01

kate2
Naturalust, It was when Lisa was singing Gimme Shelter, right before Mick hit the runway, that both his hands were over his ears. He adjusts or signals at the end of the ramp, with her. I have not found a close shot yet on line.

Not sure if this is the moment you are talking about but in this video, you can clearly see Mick pointing toward Lisa and signaling for the level to be dropped at 0:19.

Too bad we couldn't do the same thing to the FOH engineer! eye popping smiley I'm not too fond of Lisa prancing about the stage and the runway either for that matter.

peace

Posted by: radkovskii85 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:08

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:12

She still hit the high notes!

She was a bit high in the mix.

Date: May 27, 2015 00:25

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:25

You guys seriously enjoy that performance? It's the same version theyve done since 1989. And some showman shite with Lisa pretending to kiss Keith. Geez.

Date: May 27, 2015 00:26

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:28

BluzDude
Sorry Taylor fanatics, Ronnie did just fine with Can't you Hear Me Knockin' and Midnight Rambler.....

.....However the sax solos in CYHMK and BS were just not the same without Bobby.

Who are the "Taylor fanatics"? Mick Jagger? You must be including him. Of course Taylor did a better job at Knockin. Im not deaf.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:32

Redhotcarpet
You guys seriously enjoy that performance? It's the same version theyve done since 1989. And some showman shite with Lisa pretending to kiss Keith. Geez.

Something didn't sound right on that video, it actually sounded better from where I sat but the Lisa stuff was indeed too much. I do notice that every time Lisa approaches Keith, he loses concentration and goes a bit lame.....stay away from him girl! grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:36

Naturalust..see Gimme Shelter Petco 5-24-15 you tube by Tom Vargo..Mick is not next to Keith but was Gary still out there? Right before they take the ramp, she hits a couple of high notes, that were way too loud and not on key, from my section 123. In the right hand corner of this video, Mick covers both ears. I watched him, mostly thru my binoc. I started laughing when I saw him do that! He was still irritated down the ramp. Then does more signaling at the end of the ramp, when they are together. I have not looked for that yet. I will look at yours again. My point is,he knew that the sound was way off, on her part. I do prefer the stripped down, old style band concert. But I am spoiled from the 1960;s when Ike and Tina Turner played on our college cafeteria for Friday dances..also the Cream one Saturday night...and weekly trips to the Whiskey a GO GO...and watched Mick Taylor many nights in a row there, with John Mayall..

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:44

These are some nice bunch of fotos, radkovskii85!
Keep 'em coming, if possible!
thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 00:44 by waterrats.

Posted by: voodoodrew ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:51

For what it's worth, I noticed at the beginning of Gimme Shelter (before Lisa's solo), every time they showed her on the screen, she was fidgeting with the monitor in her ear. I remember thinking that she must be having problems. That said, from where I was sitting, her solo didn't sound off key or more high in the mix than it has been over the last several years.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:04

In that video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsFf7ayEDQ) you can watch it very good.
At 1:58 Mick pointed in Lisa's direction and showed someone a sign to turn her down
At 2:15 Mick walks towards the monitor-mixer and shows even more clearly that he should turn her down
At 3:13 Mick puts both hands on his ears as Lisa hits the high B.

That's very strange indeed. The inear monitoring Mick wears is hearing protection at the same time, so what would be the sence to put the hands on the ears?
Maybe his in-ear-pins were loosening a bit and when Lisa sung the high note it came very loud from the outside to his ears.
I don't know. Maybe it was just a reflex.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:11

Redhotcarpet
BluzDude
Sorry Taylor fanatics, Ronnie did just fine with Can't you Hear Me Knockin' and Midnight Rambler.....

.....However the sax solos in CYHMK and BS were just not the same without Bobby.

Who are the "Taylor fanatics"? Mick Jagger? You must be including him. Of course Taylor did a better job at Knockin. Im not deaf.

I'm not saying he didn't. I saw Taylor perform it in 2013 and it was a highlight for me. I just think Ronnie did a very decent job of it, especially compared to the sax solos without Bobby.

....and if Jagger is a Taylor fanatic, he would be on this tour.

Date: May 27, 2015 01:14

I do not think think it was a reflex..he was frustrated as he had been signing to whoever fixes the sound. Do I see him take of few steps and then cover one ear again? Down the ramp with Lisa, I saw him make more signs and then he turns down his ears with the control box on his back. Maybe that is not in this video. As I said, I watched him with my binoculars, most of the concert, not the screens. He was very busy directing Ronnie and Keith when to move etc. It was the opener so kinks to deal with.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:12

Finally listened to Sympathy. Was avoiding it as some had reported dominating keyboards and sparse guitars. I found the opposite to be true, maybe it was just the location of the filmer, but K and R were out front and chugging it out. Most of Keith's solo was the same rote one he's done for 20 years, but the part leading up to the ending was actually interesting (not in a bad way), imo. This is the one I watched: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:21

I do prefer the stripped down, old style band concert.

Me too and I also liked the Superbowl when it was just a football game.

The Ya-ya's sound to my ears was great, the guys, Ampegs, Les Paul or SG for Mick T, Keith a nice variety, Mick and Keith singing together into one mic.

Things have evolved over the years, but they still rock good.

PS - The current version of JJF is EXPLOSIVE and the best!

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:29

StonedRambler
In that video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsFf7ayEDQ) you can watch it very good.
At 1:58 Mick pointed in Lisa's direction and showed someone a sign to turn her down
At 2:15 Mick walks towards the monitor-mixer and shows even more clearly that he should turn her down
At 3:13 Mick puts both hands on his ears as Lisa hits the high B.

That's very strange indeed. The inear monitoring Mick wears is hearing protection at the same time, so what would be the sence to put the hands on the ears?
Maybe his in-ear-pins were loosening a bit and when Lisa sung the high note it came very loud from the outside to his ears.
I don't know. Maybe it was just a reflex.

Maybe her yoko ono screaming hurts his ears is much as ours!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:27

Redhotcarpet

Go find a board with a band YOU like. This place is for Stones fans.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:31

They appear to be to locked in...hesitant to take any creative risk...afraid that they will fall on their face...For awhile I did not mind that they sold-out, I felt that they earned it...I don't feel that anymore because of their lack of creativity....No juice all retread...a real bummer.
I am surprised they did not ask Herman & the Hermits to open for them....

I am starting to wonder if the Stones can even write new material anymore...
I lose interest when people are riding on the past...

Yes they are an exciting visual...but for me it is old, and at this stage for me I feel like an idiot just being there...I can see it all in my head right now anyway...I would go if it was first 10 rows - Free of charge. I got spoiled all these years...50 shows since 75' so to pay up and deal with the B.S...Not worth my time.

Taking a pass until 2017 or a tour behind a new Album...that would get me juiced again....

What a tease...to do that set-list at the Fonda and then revert back to the same ole....what the @#$%&...at least throw in "You Gotta Move"

I am personally tired of them acting out an Ed Sullivan Episode...it is getting stale for me....
(I think it is great for people who have never seen them or even just a few times).
I don't mind what songs they do if I had not seen them in a while.
I got my fill of these songs last time around...same 6 shows I have just seen in 2013...I much prefer some creativity with new material, or at least rearrange the old stuff....I am tired of their high powered theatrics...it is has been overstaged since 89'.....

Date: May 27, 2015 03:32

I wonder if Mick wrote his lines about Petco catering. I had no idea what he was talking about until I read it online later, serving them 3 different flavors of dog food, 'in a tin.' that was great...

Date: May 27, 2015 03:46

Redhotcarpet
roller99
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Ronnie cant play Taylors solo. He fumbles. He has no idea where to go with the solo. He has to practice more and come up with something of his own I think. Or they could just let Taylor play with them again on these numbers.

He didn't try, either. I like his approach: theme, wailing, riff, theme, wailing, riff. It worked lovely after Denson's solo. And it didn't drag out for too long.

Actually, there is a structure there, if you listen and don't expect note for note from the studio version or a stretched out Taylor-approach.

No theres no structure in his solo except for the parts he tries to copy from Taylors original solo. C'mon dont tell me you cant hear that. Ad lib is something else.

OMG, again with this crap about MT. If Ronnie wanted to, he could duplicate the MT solo note for note. Any accomplished guitarist with the right rig can do it. Even an ameteur can do that solo. Do you honestly think that Ronnie wants to replicate what the guitarist he replaced did, or that he wants to make it his own. What would you do if you were him? Copy your predecessor, or change it up a bit?

Dont ask me, ask Ronnie. He is in the band and he tried to play it.

Maybe I will, seeing as I was up front at the Fonda and in row 1 at Petco. Where were you again? Lol

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 27, 2015 04:35

roller99
Redhotcarpet

Go find a board with a band YOU like. This place is for Stones fans.
yea no kidding they seem anti-stones don't they,most folks would rather criticize than praise these days anyway.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 27, 2015 04:39

roller99
Redhotcarpet
roller99
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
Ronnie cant play Taylors solo. He fumbles. He has no idea where to go with the solo. He has to practice more and come up with something of his own I think. Or they could just let Taylor play with them again on these numbers.

He didn't try, either. I like his approach: theme, wailing, riff, theme, wailing, riff. It worked lovely after Denson's solo. And it didn't drag out for too long.

Actually, there is a structure there, if you listen and don't expect note for note from the studio version or a stretched out Taylor-approach.

No theres no structure in his solo except for the parts he tries to copy from Taylors original solo. C'mon dont tell me you cant hear that. Ad lib is something else.

OMG, again with this crap about MT. If Ronnie wanted to, he could duplicate the MT solo note for note. Any accomplished guitarist with the right rig can do it. Even an ameteur can do that solo. Do you honestly think that Ronnie wants to replicate what the guitarist he replaced did, or that he wants to make it his own. What would you do if you were him? Copy your predecessor, or change it up a bit?

Maybe I will, seeing as I was up front at the Fonda and in row 1 at Petco. Where were you again? Lol

I was at the Fonda, too, but unlike you, it did not go to my head. You obviously feel kinda knightened. Jeeeeeez, what a childish behaviour!

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:04

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:14

ya know its about to get real when people start trumping you be busting out their heady stonesume'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 05:14 by forsure.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:16

Rolling Stones tour opener
video: [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Date: May 27, 2015 05:23

alimente
roller99
Redhotcarpet
roller99
Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet

I was at the Fonda, too, but unlike you, it did not go to my head. You obviously feel kinda knightened. Jeeeeeez, what a childish behaviour!

Actually, I don't if you've read my posts. Redhotcarpet is just bashing Ron Wood. These people read this stuff, and his comments are rude and preposterous. So he deserved the comment and it was meant for him only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 05:25 by roller99.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:37

forsure
ya know its about to get real when people start trumping you be busting out their heady stonesume'

Hahaha - the shit is getting real! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 27, 2015 07:20

This song needs about 25 more rehearsal sessions. The chorus was awful and Mick sounds terrible singing it. He is singing it like a lounge act. The song is meant to be sang with a alternative or grunge edge, not like a lullaby. I know Mick thinks he is infallible but he tanked this one big time.

FWIW, Darryl Jones is a totally irrelevant musician for this band. It is as though they turn him down so low he has become barely noticeable in the mix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home