Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 40
Re: Petco Review by Chris Epting (hbwriter)
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:02

Nice one HB...you're POV is missed!

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 26, 2015 02:15

anyone know if it officially sold out?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 26, 2015 02:37

Officially it was a sold out,but tickets were available at Stubhubs,to the last minute,at reduced prices....

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: May 26, 2015 02:37

Great review, Chris. Thanks! smileys with beer

(Btw, it's amazing to think their first concert in San Diego was in Balboa Park,)

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:09

Wonderfully descriptive, which is rare around these parts.

All best, Chris.

Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:16

The IORR reports pages has finally been updated:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

San Diego 2015
Posted by: jaaiii ()
Date: May 25, 2015 22:14

Was in the 35th row ... this is the tightest I can remember the Stones ever playing ... Jagger's vocals the best in years - he wasn't just singing ... he put remarkable amounts of emotion and passion into each song - truly the most dynamic I've heard him sing in decades. Of the 10 times (1975 onward) I've seen them, they are probably at their best right now. Sound system is lethal.

Re: San Diego 2015
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 25, 2015 22:37

great to hear hopefully its lethal in columbus

Re: San Diego 2015
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 26, 2015 02:13

I have just watched some videos from last night and all I can say is WOW

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:19

roller99
I hope this one particular girl has something really negative happen in her life. Karma...

Hey roller the great thing about karma is you don't have to unpleasant thoughts about it working to let it work on it's own. Maybe it was your karma playing out for some other infraction..winking smiley If you would have known that was the price for getting into the Fonda show, for instance, I'll bet you would have been less disappointed. And you probably could have picked a different seat by trading with some other fan with less fortunate seats for the last 6 tunes but I'll bet you were probably too pissed at that point to even think in those terms.

I'm totally playing devil's advocate here of course and I'm truly sorry someone ruined the vibe of the show for you. I saw some of that going on in front of us too and was fortunately just far enough away that it was easy to ignore. I can't even imagine those security guards not turning around and enjoying the show, just a bit. They must be very serious about their $15/hr. jobs, high on a power trip, or just completely not Stones fans.

To make some good feelings here you could post your video so we can all feel better we didn't have front row seats. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:42

Nice. You are missed here, Chris.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:59

roller99
They completely ruined the vibe of the show. We left with about six songs to go. I intend to complain to the security company tomorrow. I have video of all of it.

I appreciate you doing you part taking your time and contacting them to let them hear about the concept... they may not even understand this is an issue.

Thanks for that.

PS
RE- Postludium: Walking "home" after the show, listening to what people say...
This is a sweet part of Stones shows. At every Stones show I have been to over the years I saw/heard millions and millions of people as we flowed out of the venue and never once did I ever hear one person not delighted and buzzing about the excitement of how much fun we just had. I never heard one person complaining about which songs they played or didnt play... all of the people were all just happy and delighted with what just happened.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 26, 2015 04:10

show was fantastic.......only downer was Lisa....we are at the point where she is ruining songs, her screaming sounds like Yoko Ono in pain....Mick Taylor was missed, but I'm over it......The first half of the show was unreal aside from IORR.....even the home stretch seemed refreshed....as much as I loathe Miss You last night it was great....could do without sympathy...maybe paint it black and cloud (a 2 for 1 time wise) would be better.....can't wait for columbus

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: May 26, 2015 04:46

thanks a bunch - could not figure out how this worked

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:03

Good review from the LA Times!

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:28

Skip it...I'm just flogging a dead horse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 05:35 by sdstonesguy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2015 05:42

dougingb

[www.latimes.com]

Thanks for link! thumbs up

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 26, 2015 06:13

Hairball
dougingb

[www.latimes.com]

Thanks for link! thumbs up

The Rolling Stones: Pondering life's real issues in song since 1962

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 26, 2015 07:43

I wonder if they basically used LA & SD as 'promo shows' for the dates they knew might be hard to sell back east.

"STONES OPEN TOUR WITH SOLD OUT GIG"

Looks good in a headline (LA Times).

Making it the only Western date on the tour made it an easy sellout.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 07:45

Naturalust
roller99
I hope this one particular girl has something really negative happen in her life. Karma...

Hey roller the great thing about karma is you don't have to unpleasant thoughts about it working to let it work on it's own. Maybe it was your karma playing out for some other infraction..winking smiley If you would have known that was the price for getting into the Fonda show, for instance, I'll bet you would have been less disappointed. And you probably could have picked a different seat by trading with some other fan with less fortunate seats for the last 6 tunes but I'll bet you were probably too pissed at that point to even think in those terms.

I'm totally playing devil's advocate here of course and I'm truly sorry someone ruined the vibe of the show for you. I saw some of that going on in front of us too and was fortunately just far enough away that it was easy to ignore. I can't even imagine those security guards not turning around and enjoying the show, just a bit. They must be very serious about their $15/hr. jobs, high on a power trip, or just completely not Stones fans.

To make some good feelings here you could post your video so we can all feel better we didn't have front row seats. smoking smiley

peace

That's funny, I tried to give up my 1st row seats to three different couples and nobody would have it. They though there was some catch. Go figure. I did post my links, but I'll re-post them again. And if anyone wants to complain about the security company:

Elite Security Inc.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 26, 2015 07:57

So was there a B stage?

Date: May 26, 2015 07:59

Naturalust
roller99

peace

Opening montage

Street Fighting Man

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Midnight Rambler

Date: May 26, 2015 08:01

roller99
Naturalust
roller99

peace

That's funny, I tried to give up my 1st row seats to three different couples and nobody would have it. They though there was some catch. Go figure. I did post my links, but I'll re-post them again. And if anyone wants to complain about the security company:

Elite Security Inc.

For you Naturalust:

Opening montage

Street Fighting Man

Midnight Rambler

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 26, 2015 08:07

roller99
roller99
Naturalust
roller99

peace

Elite Security Inc.

For you Naturalust:

Opening montage

Street Fighting Man

Midnight Rambler

geez...

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 26, 2015 08:29

Wow I wish I had seats like that!

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 26, 2015 08:41

Thank you Rolling Stones for a wonderful concert. Thank you Bjornulf for your valuable and enjoyable contributions to my hobby.And thank you to whomever put Dr. Feelgood's "Roxette" on the pre-show tape.

Rock on everybody...it's your best option.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 08:59

donvis
So was there a B stage?

No, it's just a catwalk. Mick comes out to the end at times. Keith and Ronnie do during Miss You and Lisa does during Gimme Shelter.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 26, 2015 09:15

Amy340
donvis
So was there a B stage?

No, it's just a catwalk. Mick comes out to the end at times. Keith and Ronnie do during Miss You and Lisa does during Gimme Shelter.
Thank you

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2015 10:02

A nice thread here [www.iorr.org] with all the available vids of SD, just missing D&G and Slipping Away at this point, if anyone who went to the show has them?

As for "Karma", well, yeah, it does come back to bite you sometimes...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RockGirl ()
Date: May 26, 2015 10:35

Yes! Moonlight Mile under the moonlight! What a beautiful and electrifying night. I hope you were able to attend. It's a day later and I still have the chills! I haven't been this happy since the last time I saw the Stones like 8 years ago!

Cheers!

Jenny

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home