Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: New songs on Radio today - comments here please!
Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 23, 2005 21:29

People who say the Stones have lost their touch are out of their minds. And just look at Keiths face hwen he is playing. To say taht the guy is on auto pilot is just stupid. This guy lives music, is music, loves music, would kill for music! And that's true for the rest of the band as well.

I saw them three times front row in the clubs on the Licks tour. I have never ever seen musicians that focused and that determined to make the crowd go wild with joy for the music they play!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 23, 2005 22:19

I am sad that these new songs have not been yet aired in France. Maybe i did miiss the good opportunity

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 24, 2005 21:36

My brother just mail them to me .

a) I think RJ is of great Mick and Keith. Maybe I prefered No, No do'ntsay it again. But 2 greats songs for the Stones. Goods Vibrations for an old Stones fan
b) SOL : Mick"s pure musicality. At some point of time of day one likes to hear these nice melodies<; A potential Hit .!!!!! But anxious to hear the entire album like in the old days. To the contrary of somes wrote above, I bet the contribution of Keith will be detreminant. Another Exile...An Exile of our times.
Let's hope. But the stuffs announce Stones R & R is back.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 25, 2005 12:12

I was listening to both tunes this morning in my car stereo.

I like the comparison of RJ to the "punkish" style of the heaviest rockers in Some Girls...

What I, at this point, donĀ“t appreciate that much, is the kind of "metallic" sound of the drums in RJ.

Does anyone thinks like me about this?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 25, 2005 12:39

no. I think the drumming is excellent.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 25, 2005 14:53

Yes. I noticed that as well. Fantastic drumming.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 25, 2005 14:59

all four of them are doing what they do best on that song. its a fine vocal, great chopping rhythm guitar by Keith, nice slide work by Ronnie and fabulous drumming by Charlie (who, if anything, steals it). The bass is excellent too, although I'm sure someone with more musically trained ears than me would know whether its Darryl or Keith.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:13

I must say that I haven't played as much air guitar as jubilantly as I've done in the past day and a half as I've done with RJ. All I can say is well done boys!!! That is their best tune I've heard in many a day (years) and make no mistake about it folks- IMO we're gonna be talking about this album for some time to come.

If there's any room at all to be remotely critical of RJ (and I truly am stepping outside of the box here because I think this bitch rocks just the way she is) IMO the middle part (guitar/drum arrangement) could have been a little prominent kinda of like U got me rockin'. But, honestly folks I ain't complaining, this is a fine rocker Mick and the boys put down.

SOL- what can u say? I honestly don't think its as bad as some of the people are bellowing about, but it probably won't stand up like RJ and from what I heard of ONNYA.

So glad to be posting about my favorite band who's found yet another way (it appears) to get back that kick ass rock and roll style they've seemed to lack in some previous trys. I can't wait for this album!!!

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:32

One more thing I forgot to add after listening to RJ:

@#$%& all those head up the ass critics who say these boys have one foot on the banana peel and are ready for the nursing home!!!!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:38

Well what is that? I go on holiday for a week and by coming back I find two new songs. I'll never go anywhere again without a laptop...LOL

The SOL solo at 2:25-2:50 doesn't sound like either Ronnie or Keith. Not that I mind them trying something new of course, but I wonder how it took shape.
I don't like the way this song seems to be backed up by some violin/synth, or its depressed tone. But if this is the only one, well alright.

RJ is rough justice to my ears! That's the Stones!

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: July 25, 2005 16:10

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> all four of them are doing what they do best on
> that song. its a fine vocal, great chopping rhythm
> guitar by Keith, nice slide work by Ronnie and
> fabulous drumming by Charlie (who, if anything,
> steals it). The bass is excellent too, although
> I'm sure someone with more musically trained ears
> than me would know whether its Darryl or Keith.

Totally agree Gazza...!!!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 25, 2005 16:48

I'd agree too. Great musicianship by all of 'em.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2005 12:13

From Billboard:

Billboard Bits: Rolling Stones, 'Brown Hotel,' Eazy-E

The Rolling Stones' new single, "Streets of Love"/"Rough Justice," will be released Aug. 22 in the U.K. as a limited edition, numbered CD and on seven-inch vinyl. "Streets of Love" was given its first British airplay on Friday on national AC/pop station BBC Radio 2 and has been made "single of the week" by the station this week. "Rough Justice" is expected to gain favor at more rock-oriented radio outlets including national broadcaster Virgin Radio.

"Streets of Love" was recorded in summer 2004 and produced by Don Was. Both tracks will be included on the band's first studio album since 1997's "Bridges To Babylon," which is due in early September and has yet to be given a confirmed title. The Stones are currently in their regular rehearsal home of Toronto preparing for the upcoming Onstage tour, which begins Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 28, 2005 16:24

Today on Dutch Radio 2 "Schiffers.fm" they played SOL (not for the first time I think) but they cut it short of course and started that Barry Manilow tune over it. Host Hans Schiffers commented to SOL as a 'great, great song'.

Anyway, appearantly Radio 2 is planning an interview with Jagger/Richards in Toronto on Monday and you are invited to e-mail your questions to DJ Hans Schiffers.

some info: [schiffersfm.radio2.nl]

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: August 7, 2005 18:00

Ok when I first heard the "Oh No Not You Again" on the Computer feed from Julliard I got really excited. Typical,Beautiful,WONDERFUL...STONES!
But actually nothing is typical of the STONES! They are masters at every musical tecnique they attempt. Ballads, Punk, Rock,Funk, disco, Country,Psychedelic... the list goes on and on....

Danny Akroyd made mention of such a list when he introduced the Stones at SARSstock in Toronto a couple years ago.

They are true masters. In my eyes, and in my heart,everything they do is great!
Except for maybe Neighbours. I really don't like that song too much... BUT hey, one out of a gazillion ain't bad!

I love the new tracks I've heard so far, Streets of Love, nice ballad, sounds a bit like that Are you all ready over me? song but good lyrics nonetheless.

And my shining star... ROUGH JUSTICE!! LOVE IT! Cant say a bad thing about it. Lyrically funny, has that typical Jagger sence of humor,Sexy/dirty typical Stones,and as far as the musical arrangement...AWESOME. Great work all the way around. I'm very excited to hear the rest of the tracks!!

Someone mentioned that they'd love to hear Rough Justice as an opener, which I think would be great, but I doubt that will happen. They don't usually open with anything new, but hey, why they hell not? Its a new Tour who knows what they'll open with?
But the guarantee is that whatever they open with we will be on our feet! And we won't sit down till we get in our car to drive back home!!

Stones ROCK!!

I ADORE them! And I feel really Lucky that I've got to enjoy them my whole life! There will never be any Rock-N-Roll band quite like The Rolling Stones! Even their solo efforts aren't as powerful as they are together as a band. There is a magical force within them, something so special that its just not natural, you know? It's beyond anything I can think of. This kind of magic will not happen again with anyone else, there is nothing to compare it with! Stones are in their own league, anyone else is just an off shoot!

Oh speaking of offshoots... a thought for the person who said that The Stones sounded like the Black Crowes...ummm,The Black Crowes WANT to sound like the STONES (that is why I Love the Black Crowes!)... Ask Chris Robinson, they love The STONES Too...So you got it a little backwards. But that is ok, perhaps you are very young?

Anyway,That is my take on the new record! Thanks Stones for putting out again!! Have a great day! Rock On~
Colleen~aka~Mickschick

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: October 1, 2005 03:01

This is just great songs. It's as simple as that.

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: March 8, 2006 19:08

check out a review of ABB...

[www.hollywoodjesus.com]

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 8, 2006 19:12

and I thought the "Post a Picture Of Yourself" thread had a lot of visits.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home