Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: New songs on Radio today - comments here please!
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:02

Haven't heard the rocker yet, but listened to 'streets of Love' thinks it's OK, nothing spectactular though. but from what I've read. there's a lot more positive feedback about 'Rough Justice'

Bring on the rockers, hopefully, as some have speculated, the band is testing the water with two different songs to see which makes the most positive impression, if this is so, then they should announce the release of the new album with the Rocker! not a whimpy, whiny ballad. Come on Lets ROCK!!!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:02

Rough Justice lyrics (well, most of it)

One time you were my baby chicken, now you have gone to a fox (or what?)
once upon a time I was your little rooster, now I'm just one of your cocks

It's rough justice on ya, you're gonna have to trust me
it's rough justice but you know I'll never break your heart

So put your lips to my hip baby, and tell me what's on your mind,
I know you still got the ... attraction for me, it's been a long long time

It's rough justice on ya, you're gonna have to trust me
it's rough justice but you know I'll never break your heart

You're feeling loose and lusty, so if you really want me...

It's rough justice and you know I'll never break your heart
It's rough justice on ya, you think you really ? me
It's rough justice but you know I"ll never break your heart

The first time I saw you baby you were springing like a young gazelle,
the next thing I know, we're down a road trip flying like a ??

It's rough justice on ya, .... too disgusting
gonna have to trust me, not gonna break your heart
I give you my possessions, don't want no oppositions

It's rough justice, but you know I'll never break your heart.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:03

"OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN" and "ROUGH JUSTICE" reminds be back in their "Some girls"-era. ( When the Whip comes down)!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:07

Just heard Rough Justice in WXRT in Chicago...it rocks, it rolls, Charlie assaults, great slide, and a line something like "I used to be your rooster, now I'm just your cock..."

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:10

Is it on the Dutch radio already?

Good typical Mick lyrics by the way...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:21

Thatswhatisay!

Soul and emotion, Mick, fantastic, blabla. Cheap sentimentalism, thats SOL, nothing more.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:23

Havo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN" and "ROUGH JUSTICE" reminds
> be back in their "Some girls"-era. ( When the Whip
> comes down)!

Let's not forget that Some Girls also contained Beast of Burden and Far Away Eyes.. Not to mention Miss You as a contrast to the punk numbers.

Streets of Love can't really be compared to those great songs, but any good album should always have contrast as well as cohesion.

Posted by: BrianKeith ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:27

" Rough Justice " is great!!!
Ronnies SLIDE Guitar at his best!!!

STREETS OF LOVE is a good song, but is only a ballad!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:29

Good to hear live guitars, rough edges. Compare it to the Whos last stuff! Roll on the album now...

And I hope we can cut the 'RW' health issue and Keith and his arthritis crap.... they both play a blinder!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:29

Do not understand the criticism for SOL. I understand that many people want the fast rock to announce the new album. By all means. But that in tunr does not make SOL a bad song. I think it's really good. Jagger sings it well. I bet SOL is going to gather much more respect here on IORR in the days to come.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:32

SOL is pretty good.....but I also like Brand New Set of Rules.....the ballads on Bridges were a highlight for me.......Already Over Me.

Date: July 22, 2005 16:34

Summary-------The Rolling Stones are back on top again

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:45

Damn it, they were playing it this morning on K104.3 FM in New York and I think I fell asleep in between 2 songs! (it was played at 8 am!).
Is the song available on iTunes or something like that?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:48

Greece, here! A music radio which is getting very good ratings just played “Streets Of Love”. Nice ballad! In the beginning the song reminds me a bit of “Already Over Me”. On the chorus, something like “Out Of Tears”. I mean the whole atmosphere.

The broadcaster’ s notes were dithyrambic, not only on the song, but also on the live performances of the band. He said: “I saw them last time in 2003, at San Siro, Milan. I have seen a huge number of famous rock bands in concert and must say once again that noone compers to the Stones on stage. The rock and roll is inside their DNA. The only wrong think with them is that they played here just twice in 40 years…”

Can you do something about it mr Cohl??

Hmmm…A ballad as first single. First time since 1973 (“Angie”), I think. Am I wrong?

Date: July 22, 2005 16:51

I've been playing Oh No Not You Again, Streets of Love and Rough Justice on loop for a while now. In all, I think SOL will be a good contrast to the other rockers and actually sounds good sandwhiched between the other songs.

I'd love to see all of these (and more) as part of a live show. Let's hope that the Stones give us such a good album that they can play 5 or 6 songs from it live at each gig, even for stadiums. It is my dream for the stones to be current again as opposed to a greatest hits touring package.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 22, 2005 17:20

"Rough Justice" is an absolute belter. A big thumbs up from me. Loved it from the first chords. When you hear the intro, it simply COULDNT be anyone else. What does it sound like? It sounds like The Rolling Stones. 'Nuff said.

I think they have taken leave of their senses however if they think "Streets of love" is single material. It isnt. I've no problem with a ballad or slower paced song being first single if its strong enough, but this song isnt. Its not that bad, but it just isnt a single.

If RJ is the single, you'll feel very pleased and proud to hear that blasting out of the radio when youre at work. If its Streets of Love, you'll be hiding in the toilets.

Date: July 22, 2005 17:24

Streets of love: also in germanies radio stations?????

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2005 17:28

Streets of Love:
First time I heard it on the radio stream I thought it was a bit weak. But now I have played it 5-6 times from the mp3 download, and it sounds great and fresh. A bit like Out Of Tears. That one was played live and many fans liked it. I think the chorus is kind of strange, but it will probably be very different live. I really hope they play it live, so that means I would rather have this song than some other ballads. But they don't play that many ballads, so some others have to go then. And the guitars! I am not a guitar player, but it sounsd to me like there are more than just two guitars here. The best part is the one that sounds like an electrified acoustic. Don't know what that is. But there are other guitars there, and live they can do anything they like. Not controlled by the one take chosen for the album.

Rough Justice:
One Hit To The Body! It strikes you immediately. Straight pure Stones. I could take this song as an opener, as a closer, on the main stage or on the B-stage. Remember only the "king" songs, the really good ones, get a special treat by being played on the B-stage. This one would be perfect. And in a club show I would die for it. On the big stage Mick can jump around and flirt with the others while biting out the words of this song. And Keith can do as much solo playing as he likes here. Just the kind of riffs he likes to add to Mick's vocals.

I wish I could have some sort of repeat on my stupid PC mp3 player. Just haven't figures it out. May be it is easy to satisfy me with new Stones songs, but I think they are both great! Just need the rest of the album. Play it loud!

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 22, 2005 18:23

SOL is sung in that insipid "affected" vocal manner that first reared it's ugly head in the mid-80's - why Jagger needs to enunciate each syllable so much is beyond me. Really can't take this singing style. He used to have a way with ballads (Angie, Till the Next Goodbye...).

I was now bowled over by RJ, either, frankly. Sounds like a mailed in rocker, with a "nothing" riff and recycled sex joke lyrics...can we please grow up someday, Mick?

Date: July 22, 2005 18:28

Yawn..... find another site then!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 22, 2005 18:29

Rough Justice = excellent
Streets Of Love = diabolical

Date: July 22, 2005 18:43

Diabolical.... you mutton?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 22, 2005 18:44

WCSX 94.7 in Detroit will play Rough Justice at 12 noon EST.

Date: July 22, 2005 18:48

I think the Stones know that they will disappoint many with a slow single. This is why they released two songs at once for listening. That's not usual thing to do - you normally just release a promo of the single at this stage. (Think back to LIS / ASMB / DS)

However, I would still maintain that the ballad has greater appeal to a wider range of listeners than the hard cores on this board. After all, a single has to appeal to as wide a range of people as possible since it is essentially an advert for the album. We are all going to buy the album anyway so the Stones don't need to waste time advertising to us.

I still maintain that this song will do quite well. I don't think it will be a massive smash, but give it a chance and try to get over the fact that it's not a rocker. Maybe play it to your girlfriend / wife and get an opinion and report back here with the views of "normal" people to supplement our rather obsessionalist views.

Date: July 22, 2005 18:52

Told this above----I really like Rough Justice---my Wife prefer "Streets of love

Posted by: masseolle ()
Date: July 22, 2005 18:55

I have been listening to the the new songs the whole day and I must say I kinda like them! Streets of love is a typical Jagger ballad and not bad at all. Will it be a hit? I doubt it though. Rough Jsutice I realy love. A good strong riff and a nice melody. Good lyrics as well. Jagger really sings good on this. He is at least according to these twop tracks in a good voice. I can´t believe he is pushing 62! Amazing really. All in all I an really looking forward to the new album.

Mats Larsson

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: July 22, 2005 18:57

I've now returned to SOL after a three hours break while I've been sleeping and listening to RJ and ONNYA. SOL actually sounds a bit better now, specially played loud. It might have some potential depending on where it will placed on the album.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 22, 2005 19:13

Just heard Rough Justice. I'm beginning to understand why the Grammys give out separate awards for Best Song and Best Record. This is a good record. It SOUNDS good. But it's not a good song. In fact, there isn't much of a song there at all.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 22, 2005 19:21

I havent heard but laughed? I almost died just reading these posts. I like 'Angie' - it is not sentimental. Also like Brand New Set Of Rules, tho not the production. I hope I like SOL, but what really kicked me was the Bon Jovi comparison - other than Livin On A Prayer, cant stand BJ.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 22, 2005 19:23

Rough Justice - quite funny lyrics, unremarkable music, raunch by rote
Streets of Love - very good, might be a big hit

Anyone got a link to Oh No Not You Again?

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home