Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: New single on Radio today - comments here please!
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:42

Ok it could be better, but wait, perhpas we get it to see and hear live. If it keeps the rawness it's fine. On rockpassion Mick's voice is to dominant, but I will judge again when I have the cd copy in hand.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:49

The thrill is gone, baby...
In what kind of status must poor Keith be that he lets Jagger put out such a lame effort as first single???

I'm not sure if it was a good idea to travel from Europe to USA to see some gigs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-22 12:50 by micawber.

Posted by: isuseneca ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:52

NOT ONLY ARE THE STONES INSAIN, BUT SO ARE MOST OF US FANS!!!!
I think it was Einstein who said that the definition for insanity is the repetition of failed process and expecting different results. It is now clear to me that Mick has been trapped in 1989 for the past 16 years....the song sucks.....just read the lyrics.....geez....Is there no pride left within the Rolling Stones? Someone needs to conjure up the spirit of Ian and let him tell the Stones how sad they sound. It's clear to me that if a person is able to compose and record crap like this and pass it off as their 'best' material, then they should just salvage what pride they have left and call it quits.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:52

Uploaded at www.stonesvikings.com also...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: buchie ()
Date: July 22, 2005 12:57

The first time I heard it I thought...mwah...need to hear it again
After listening to it 6-7 times I like the song....but it's not a typical Stones-song. More like a Bon Jovi ballad. Good for me, I like that band too so the new song is stuck in my head now.
Conclusion: Good song but hope the rest of the album really ROCKS!!!

Rob
stones.web-log.nl

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:01

Thanks stones viking due to me missing it this morning.

Wont be so bad if there is some rockier numbers on the album imho.

Posted by: millerman ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:01

ha ha ha, what a bunch of whiners....never satisfied
Actually, if the Stones read this forum it's amazing that they actually bother to record and tour. Such a bunch of complaining fans are unbeliveable

Date: July 22, 2005 13:06

I agree it is sad that we waste our time for such a stupid band that bilked it's fans of millions selling and image and sound. Now they are on cruise. At the least the Dead were consistent. I suppose I will sit back and whine some more….smiling smiley

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:16

poor song

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:16

Streets of Love is unfortunately 100 % crap. I hate it when Mick is that upfront in the mix. Trivial chorus, uninspired standard Mick phrasing, and a band effort without any Stones identity.

It's going down.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:18

> I'm not sure if it was a good idea to travel from Europe to USA to see some gigs...

Really? So you don't like all their other "old" songs, and the new song would be pay-back time for the travel? I go to see a Stones show because I like most of their songs. If I think one of their news songs are slow or not that good then they will still play around 20 songs I will like a lot.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:18

I can tell you at least 20 Stones outtakes and never published songs that rock this B-side ballad away. They better start opening the vaults if they are burned out - but I hope there at least three good songs on the album (Oh No Not You Again is one of them).

Date: July 22, 2005 13:21

Gimme as official releases the 72/73 tour box with the complete Brussels show and the 78/81/82 tours box with the Handsome Girls concerts.

Date: July 22, 2005 13:22

Bars, I enjoy how you seem to put things so upfront and to-the-point. It's too bad the Stones won’t be more up-front about certain things as well. Like, just save us all the suspense and just let us know that the album will suck like all the rest have since Undercover.

Date: July 22, 2005 13:23

I fear the new album is a cut and paste album with Mick and Keith playing the instruments layer by layer - with no band feeling coming up.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:24

I have heard "Streets of Love" one time on an pc stream, and there is no way I can tell how it is live. If you like it on the first try then it is probably like chewing gum. Works great first 10 minutes then it is fading in taste. If you don't like ballads then you won't like it. Just like you probably did not like Memory Motel or Angie or Anybody Seen My Baby. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album, and I am sure there will be many great fast tracks there too, for those of you who hate ballads.

Bjornulf

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:26

Shit. Nothing more. Sweet, nice ballad for six year young girls, from sixty year old sentimental grandpas. Stupid. So, Rough Jusice was wrong info? won't it be played anywhere? A good rocker could change my opinion. Until that, its very sad and boring.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:27

Hi Bjornulf,

I have to say that most of my decision to travel was to hear new songs live, because of the massive touring since 1997 I have heard so many of the "old" songs live that they are kind of overplayed now. But new songs like that? Without Jaggers voice (much to prominent in the mix, by the way) really nobody would recognize that as a Stones song. Bad drum sound, very strange bryan adams guitar sound, and a lame poppy guitar break with terrible sound, synthesizer with factory settings in the back, could it get more worse? I don't think so. But I also thought, it couldn't get worse than "Keys to your love"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard fan too, and spend lots o' time and money on them, but I'm not blinded. And I loved their ballads, especially Memory Motel, Almost Hear You Sigh and so on. But this is 100% crap, a bad produced singalong for kids, and nothing else. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-22 13:31 by micawber.

Posted by: Riffhard84 ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:28

it seems that only Croatian radio station OTVORENI have played ROUGH JUSTICE!

I've heard it, I i can tell you it's a real Stones Rocker!!FINALLY!!!smiling smiley
It has strong Keith riff! Mick's voice is great too, it sounds powerfull!
A great speed up Stones song.
And I think it's much better than "Oh no..."

Otvoreni radio will also play third single "BACK OF MY HAND" on 1.8.2005.

Posted by: Rik ()

bjornulf,

I won't travel to the USA to see songs that I already have 100's of times on bootlegs, and for 2 new songs, I like the older songs, but they aren't performed better then let's say 10 years ago, so why should I go

Posted by: sladog ()

Can anyone E-mail me the songs?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-12 21:40 by sladog.

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:31

I can judge sex after one time, but not songs.
This one seemed alright, it didn't blow me away, but it sounded kinda nice.
I guess it will grow on me...

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:32

isisuneca, don't know what you're talking about. It's a thread about the new song. I think it's @#$%& rubbish. It's awfully bad. It's not that it is a ballad, it's because it's a @#$%& bad ballad. What do you think?

BTW, I like SW and VL. ONNYA dual source from PC rocks great.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:34

jostorm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can judge sex after one time, but not songs.

She's a Hard Woman to please...?

- Doxa

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:34

Well I don't think it's "100% crap".
Yes it reminds "Brand new set of rules". And so what? How many people listened to this song? not so much I suppose according to the poor sales of Goddess.
you say the lirics are poor and cliche. Sorry, and Angie? with all its "don't weep", "sweet kissis", "no loving in our soles"... is something original?
I donot compare classic Angie and this ordinary OK ballad.
I just want to be reallistic, I did not expect something really great.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:35

hi all, On a brighter note I just heard Rough Justice. It's fast hard hitting R&R! it's being played on US radio stations now! it's much better than SOL! Enjoy!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:35

Seems like hot heads and low belts.
Just slow down a bit. Otherwise this is gonna ruin all.
Ok since about 81 or latest 89 we did not get much out of the Stones releases. Mostly a couple of songs turned out to be my favourites. But listen they have done it all and what do you expect? A history change in music from old rock and roll fellows who enjoy they lives as well? When I read these reactions I must say that they should stop recording new songs and making a 2nd Licks Tour presenting here and there a new song which will be accomplished like don't stop.
For the Stones it's also hard. They are like in a wheel and you don't loos that tune which you had success with.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:41

I don't understand why these old fashioned people are bothered by writing anything at this forum at all..... I will definetely go to the US to see the Stones. They have never been better, including the stuff from the 70s. Listen to the bootlegs and you'll understand what I mean.

The new songs should be listened to a lot so that we get to know them. Don't forget that Exile was more or less slaughtered back in 72..... And the Stones themselves think that Goats head soup was ruined by Angie, cause of the publicity it got on the part of Silver train, Star star and the other rockers.

Let the time speak for the songs and the album, and don't jugde it now. Your attitude just show us all taht you're outdated and not capable of taking new stuff in. Pathetic and sad!

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:41

and what if SOL is a b-side for RJ?
this thought gives me some hopesmiling smiley

Posted by: percystokes ()
Date: July 22, 2005 13:43

Like it like it yes I do...................I said I like kit
oi'll give it foive!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home