Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: periscope
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:32

flacnvinyl
@Leonioid - Nice!

;)

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:33

C'mon Keith, stop dicking around and start the show!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:44

Back up for like 2 seconds... then down again

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:46

if that was just a tease to hear ladies and gentleman, then that is just rude

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2015 07:42

I abandoned Periscope, complete waste of time.

Unless they sneak back for some exclusive encore, but . . . nah.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:49

What a letdown, after hyping up Periscope and promoting "Rolling Stones all day" they do like 3 seconds of shaky pre-show backstage and that's it? Imagine the promotion for the tour this could have been if only they would have streamed 30 seconds or so from each song on the setlist.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 21, 2015 12:54

Glad I didn't download the app.........I suspected they were useless time wasters, how come they can use the Stones to do it?..........

Date: May 21, 2015 13:48

The app was fine. They way they used it was a travesty...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 13:59

DandelionPowderman

Not so sure about that. We still have not finally determined if it works in landscape mode. And I don't buy that the poor quality is down to poor network connection.
Remember that quality from pre-2007 cellphone video? I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:03

I downloaded it onto my phone and saw nothing but the Mick/Ronnie guitars video. Was there anything else?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:13

There were some interviews with fans waiting in line as well. But no show, that idea was just invented on this forum.

Date: May 21, 2015 14:46

Nikkei
DandelionPowderman

Not so sure about that. We still have not finally determined if it works in landscape mode. And I don't buy that the poor quality is down to poor network connection.
Remember that quality from pre-2007 cellphone video? I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

The poor quality AND the angle is due to the person who is filming and his/her equipment. Streaming from other sources worked fine.

I got up at 4:30 AM today. I need my head examined! confused smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 14:51

DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
DandelionPowderman

The poor quality AND the angle is due to the person who is filming and his/her equipment. Streaming from other sources worked fine.

Well you've had your beauty sleep, I didn't even go to bed. Or should I say couldn't.

So if you'd hold your phone sideways, the app would recognize that? And not show a vertical video where right is up and left is down?

Date: May 21, 2015 14:57

Nikkei
DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
DandelionPowderman

Well you've had your beauty sleep, I didn't even go to bed. Or should I say couldn't.

So if you'd hold your phone sideways, the app would recognize that? And not show a vertical video where right is up and left is down?

I only tried with an iPad, and with other streams you could turn your iPad like you'll normally do, and the picture would adjust.

You stayed up all night? LOL! I felt like a real fan, too, with smartphone in hand and the iPad in the other grinning smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 15:00

Nikkei

Yes, on the eyePhone the app recognizes landscape mode when recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 15:01 by Koen.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:26

Yes, the Periscope idea was promising, but executed very poorly. total waste of time. could have been better. hopefully real fans will use it during the tour, as most have high resolution iPhones & Samsung phones, so videos should be good from each stadium.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:33

RipThisBone
Turner68
Cool I will add you and yes it's very cool!

Wow how cool eye rolling smiley

Where is our (West-Coast) periscope Underassistant PROMO-man Turner68 now? He must be somewhere, maybe getting on a bus. Someone have a spare dime?grinning smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 23:41

I know I got a dime here somewhere...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:28

RipThisBone
RipThisBone
Turner68

Where is our (West-Coast) periscope Underassistant PROMO-man Turner68 now? He must be somewhere, maybe getting on a bus. Someone have a spare dime?grinning smiley

still here, why do you ask?

Date: May 22, 2015 00:39

Turner68
RipThisBone
RipThisBone
Turner68

still here, why do you ask?

Because you are so cool and I'm a loser baby.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: May 24, 2015 23:34

anyone broadcasting from the show today? Please share your name if so...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 24, 2015 23:41

forsure
anyone broadcasting from the show today? Please share your name if so...

Brilliant idea!!

Date: May 25, 2015 00:02

Yes please!!

Who and U2 fans do it surely stones fans can!

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:17

I will be Periscoping in Arlington and Orlando some. Find me at

@icetraders

I will get some front and center for Arlington and have Lucky Dip for Orlando.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:26

Well, call me a killjoy but I hope to hell I'm not going to be standing behind anyone periscoping. I know we're all eager to see clips of shows but it's pretty annoying for people at shows to have their view blocked by someone in front who's got their arms up videoing, periscoping whatever. My two cents' worth...

Date: May 25, 2015 00:27

Do you guys on this board day a prayer or anything before the show for Keith to play the intro to the first song right?

Date: May 25, 2015 00:35

Turner68
Do you guys on this board day a prayer or anything before the show for Keith to play the intro to the first song right?

thumbs down Me not. I'm not into religion.
"day a prayer"thumbs down

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:49

well periscoping or not there will be people with their phone/camera above their head for the whole show...how about periscoping just the audio part ? TIA !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 25, 2015 00:50

Ahh, the name of the app now makes sense.

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:52

Beast
Well, call me a killjoy but I hope to hell I'm not going to be standing behind anyone periscoping. I know we're all eager to see clips of shows but it's pretty annoying for people at shows to have their view blocked by someone in front who's got their arms up videoing, periscoping whatever. My two cents' worth...

unfortunately I can't speak for everyone, but I'm extremely conscious of not ruining anybody's experience. Raising arms up, leaving display bright etc....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-25 00:54 by Icetraders.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home