Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones fans wanted for Sticky Fingers interviews in LA Wed May 20
Posted by: kdsalter ()
Date: May 22, 2015 21:33

Thank you, Kurt.

Date: May 22, 2015 21:36

Thanks Roller99. Where were you in line? In the theater? I will try to remember if I saw you.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:08

Naturalust
swiss
roller99
bkrancho
Has anyone else received a response and/or interview invite?

Yes

I thought you've said a couple of times you aren't or were never much of a Stones' fan confused smiley

Yeah he indeed did. I imagine after tonight that will change though. winking smiley He deserves to get in since he was the one who tipped us to the location first. Hopefully he will be one of the ones giving us a good report afterward.

peace

Actually, I changed into a much bigger fan after the 2013 tour. I do have "contacts" like a lot of people here in L.A. do. So here's my long-winded story of the interview, but I'll answer the quote above that I was not much of a fan. I'd seen the Stones in 89 and they were OK, and I saw them at the Rose Bowl in the 90's and they sucked. Out loud. Then I saw them again at Staples in the early 2000's and they did the B stage. I've always loved the early stuff. When I became a musician, the first song I learned was Spider and the Fly. So when they did the B stage, I thought they were pretty good. So my view of them is starting to improve, right?

So now it's 2013, and my contact is one of my closest friends is close with Dave Stewart. I've seen Dave and him tons of times. My friend offers to get us tickets to the 1st date at Staples, right from Mick Jagger, but we have to pay. For $650, I tell him I want to know exactly where the seats are. He tells me he is not going to go back to MJ and demand to know which seats. So I tell him no thanks, I'll take my chances on-line. I go on-line and end up in the 3rd row by the tongue. I later find out that the tickets that MJ was offering were in row 10. And I'm on the KR side of the stage (sorry, KR trumps MJ). So at this point, I'm immersed. I love the stones. Now after attending the club gig, I want to get the tongue tattooed on me. So yes, after the Fonda, I'm a huge fan. I was also at the rehearsals in 2013 and shot pictures and video (I've posted them here).

So anyway, I saw BV's post here about them wanting a story, so I emailed them mine. Then I went to bed. I got up in the morning and saw that I had a text from an unrecognized number from the night before. It was Sarah, she wanted me to come down to the Fonda to be interviewed. I could not believe it. I phoned her and woke her up, apologized, then made the arrangements. After I did my bit, I had my pair.

If it were not for my wife, none of this would have happened. She reads all the posts here, she has been for some time. She has been an uber-fan of the Stones since she was a kid. It has been her life-long fantasy to see one of the legendary club gigs. She just missed out on the El Macombo gig in 77 (we were both born in Toronto). We were supposed to get a +1 for the Fonda from AEG, but it didn't happen. If that did happen, I would have stepped aside and let her take the ticket. Not only because she is a huge fan, but because she is the most wonderful woman who ever lived.

So now we both got to see a legendary club gig, and we were in the front row. Does it get better than that? I doubt it. This even makes up for the fact that she went to Live Aid in 85 and I bailed because I didn't think she would get in (Grrrr).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:23

Great story, thanks for sharing, but I'm confused it sounds you did get a +1 in the end ? Shame on MJ (or his people) for peddling crap seats to his friends, hehe, you'd think he would have made a pit available !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 23, 2015 00:23

gotdablouse
Great story, thanks for sharing, but I'm confused it sounds you did get a +1 in the end ? Shame on MJ (or his people) for peddling crap seats to his friends, hehe, you'd think he would have made a pit available !

Mick should be commended for leaving the better tickets for the public to buy…

I did not get the +1 from the friend, I got in because I was picked to be in the documentary. I got a pair.

Date: May 23, 2015 00:24

kdsalter
Thanks Roller99. Where were you in line? In the theater? I will try to remember if I saw you.

Right at the front of the line. In the theater, right up front near the right side.

Date: May 23, 2015 06:32

We were in the same place. Maybe four people from the front towards the right of the stage.

Date: May 23, 2015 06:34

Did they tell you what they are going to do with the interview footage? Will it just be for the DVD or will it be part of the preshow on the Zipcode tour?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 23, 2015 12:52

Thanks so much for sharing your great experience roller99 and kdsalter.

It makes me feel good and happy just to read about how you did it ,and knowing you are there in the video clip . smileys with beer

Date: May 23, 2015 17:46

kdsalter
Did they tell you what they are going to do with the interview footage? Will it just be for the DVD or will it be part of the preshow on the Zipcode tour?

I was led to believe it will be shown on jumbotrons, I guess I'll find out Sunday. Were you just two to the left of us?

Date: May 24, 2015 07:04

jigsawjones
Interviewees were indeed awarded a ticket w/ +1. Good luck tonight, everyone.

Jigsaw,

Are you the guy that was in the lineup with me wife and I? From NYC?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 24, 2015 08:12

Congrats on getting tix via the story...will really be great for you (and other big fans) to end up on a Stones DVD. In the end, it is the ticket (plus 1) that really matters, but you'll have a document linking you to the greatest band there ever was...and that is damn cool.

Date: June 6, 2015 09:47

roller99
kdsalter

I was led to believe it will be shown on jumbotrons, I guess I'll find out Sunday. Were you just two to the left of us?

Presumably we were just to the left of you. What were you wearing? You can see my daughter and I in the video of the evening on RollingStones.com at t= 0:10 seconds. I am the guy saying "this is the hottest ticket in maybe the world"

Date: June 6, 2015 09:51

Thanks for the kind words Sdstonesguy and crawdaddy.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home