Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Local Las Vegas paper sez...
Posted by: Michael Mead LV ()
Date: July 21, 2005 01:06

Hey,
According to the gossip "Norm" in the Review-Journal, we get an MGMGrand show
Friday, Nov 19- AND a Hard Rock (The Joint) show Saturday, Nov 20.

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Back to back shows? I won't believe it till I see the $1500 tickets for The
Joint. BTW, this gossip columnist is often wrong!

Re: Local Las Vegas paper sez...
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 21, 2005 01:38

i don't believe that...among other problems with this information is that 11/20 is a Sunday and they've already booked a show in Fresno then. The ONLY date for Vegas could be 11/18 - and MGM is much more likely than the Joint. If they squeeze in a 19th date - that would make 3 in 3 nights - not a chance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-21 02:10 by T&A.

Date: July 21, 2005 02:36

A local DJ here in the SF Bay Area (KFOX 98.5 FM) was babbling on all weekend about a show on the 19th at the Hard Rock for what it's worth....

Posted by: Michael Mead LV ()
Date: July 21, 2005 03:53

Sorry,I meant FRI 11/18 and SAT 11/19. I really hope they don't decide to do the
Hard Rock rather than the MGM. Could just barely afford the 2 shows last time at
MGM, and was pretty appalled at the prices for the Hard Rock show. Not to mention
the bad reviews I heard for it. Sure didn't sound like an uplifting vibe.
But I am spoiled, I was thisclose for the MTV show back in Port Chester, NY during B2B. Best thing, the show was FREE! Lucky 20th caller was I to WNEW FM...

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: July 21, 2005 05:39

The MGM show for Friday the 18th is already confirmed with brochures from MGM already printed. It really looks like the Hard Rock will happen either on the 17th (the more logical for the band & the same scenario that happened on Licks) or the 19th, which was reported today in the Journal. There is also a thread on this report on Shidoobee. I agree with you, MMLV the prices for the Hard Rock were obscene and will probably be at least as bad this time. As far as the reviews go, I was there (got lucky & got a 10th row aisle) and thought the show was good and had a really great time. I would rather see 2 shows for MGM, if only for the cost alone. That was one of the best arena shows that I saw on the tour. I'm speculating back to back MGM/Hard Rock shows. I took a chance and booked a few days ago. I think it will happen.

Rick

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 21, 2005 07:16

Yep, that was quite a Licks weekend. The Hard Rock was great but not nearly as great as the next night at the MGM which was my favorite of all time. I agree that the Thursday would be much more likely than the Saturday..... I already have tics for both in SF and Fresno so how could I not plan for both Vegas! maybe they can handle five shows in a week but the big question is can I??? Sarah

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 21, 2005 07:50

not a chance on the 19th - that would make 3 consecutive nights....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home