Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15
Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2015 23:40

It could simply be announcing the winner of that akissaway contest that took the place of the delayed official tour announcement last month.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 17, 2015 23:42

The special announcement will probably relate to the Sticky Fingers items; I am getting more and more disappointed with these announcements.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 17, 2015 23:51

They rent a time-capsule and fly back to 1973. I cannot think of anything more exciting.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:17

LuxuryStones
They rent a time-capsule and fly back to 1973. I cannot think of anything more exciting.
Seeing them as they look today would freak out the people in 1973.

Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday night
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:39

spsimmons
*special announcement* new album. new album. new album. new album.

Unless it's ready to go and that seems somewhat unlikely unless Don Was and his engineer doctored Mick's "great demos" and cherry picked some songs from Keith's album...seems that the news would have leaked somehow and that they would have used that album's name instead of the lame "Zipcode" tour.

Would have to be the club gig but then when use Twitter to announce that?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 18, 2015 01:59

spsimmons
*special announcement* new album. new album. new album. new album.

Naw, rather Sticky Fingers, or some other half-semi-interresting thing, I'm afraid ...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:35

Naturalust
swimtothemoon
Hate to say this but maybe ticket sales for some shows are really as poor
As some people have reported. Possibly the promoter told the band they need to do somthing to rapidly sell these tickets. If this is the intention of the anouncement then this anouncement could be many things but hopefully not declaring this the last tour.

Curious what many things you think they could announce that would spur ticket sales at this point. I can only come up with:

1. Last probable NA tour - not likely they would say this and it's not hard to conclude that this is a possibility anyway.

2. Hot Opening Acts- I would welcome this more for your money approach but since none have leaked out at this point it also seems unlikely

3. Mick Taylor will be joining. In reality they did kind of leave this possibility open when Mick said "I don't think so" and Keith said "I heard he was sick" but lack of sighting at the rehearsals make me think this isn't an option.

4. All unsold seats available for $29.95 in the days leading up to the show, or some similar massive discounted marketing move.

I do expect a pretty aggressive and hyped media blitz after the San Diego show to get the message out there that this is a tour that shouldn't be missed.

peace

Hmm I had not really given much thought beyond the final tour announcement. All
The possibilities given by Naturalist are good. As far as boosting ticket sales
#4 would be the most effective. I do find it strange there is not a mention
Of an opening band except for Indy. Seems to me many bands would be willing
To open for the Stones simply for the honor and exposure. This would cost
The stones very little.

Discounting the tickets would address the poor ticket sales problem. There
would not be poor ticket sales if the tickets were not so expensive. Especially
For a stadium show with one band. The popular festivals cost less and have three
days of music with lots of bands and you can get closer to the stage.

Now the dream announcement would be that Wyaman and Taylor are back to play
The SF section of the show. However, this probably would not move as many
tickets as discounting.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2015 05:43

swimtothemoon
I do find it strange there is not a mention
Of an opening band except for Indy.

Who has been announced for Indy? I must have missed it. Makes sense with 100,000 seat to fill at arguably the worst venue on the tour.

peace

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:15

I finally asked mine tonight. They'll never answer... "Will you play a Chuck Berry tune in Nashville? #OhCarol #LittleQueenie" ha!

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:31

South american tour in november???

Date: May 18, 2015 07:51

Likely the sweet sixteen tour of the america's for next year. Dave from Dayton spoke to Falcon tonight who confirms it is on.

Date: May 18, 2015 08:29

Naturalust
swimtothemoon
I do find it strange there is not a mention
Of an opening band except for Indy.

Who has been announced for Indy? I must have missed it. Makes sense with 100,000 seat to fill at arguably the worst venue on the tour.

peace

They have yet to announce who it will be but advertised there would be another band. I live west of Chicago. The trip is about four hours. The VIP pit area
Is what attracted me - hope to get some decent photos. May be a long day though
As the doors open at 1pm and the Stones begin at 9pm.

Anyway I hope this racetrack show goes way smoother than the stones last racetrack show in 69! I assume this time around they are not allowing pool
cues into the venue. It would be fun if they piped a few of Sam Cutler's
Comments over the PA though-haha.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:47

Haha is right. There's a slight difference between 'Dick Carter's Altamont Speedway' and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And there's a similar difference between the Stones' touring operations / business acumen in 1969 and now.

Stanley Booth's book, 'The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones' is required reading for anyone who wants to get a taste of what touring and the business side of big time rock & roll was like in 1969.

Date: May 18, 2015 09:24

Yes Booth's book is excellent. He has a style his own. An great read.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:31

Ah I see...

Special Announcement on Twitter...

....surely about the top secret warm up show that no-one here apart from BV will be able to get into? No sour grapes here...I am in Perth Western Australia!

Really REALLY would be great IF the announcement was a NEW ALBUM though....I can dream!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:52

Niek
I ask a lot of questions with the hastag #AskTheStones and two of them are marked as favorite by the official account from The Rolling Stones. Wonder if they gonna answer these questions. Would be very cool if they did!

I'm pretty useless with Twitter...I'm currently viewing #AskTheStones (I think) [twitter.com] and can't see an awful lot of questions, particularly yesteday and today, are they somehow filtered? Are other questions visible elsewhere ? Thanks !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 15:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 18, 2015 17:04

ten in the morning's pretty early for them..

especially a Monday..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 18, 2015 17:11

When is the announcement due? It's Monday 16:10 CET now. That means 07:10 in LA I guess...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 18, 2015 17:27

Stoneage
When is the announcement due? It's Monday 16:10 CET now. That means 07:10 in LA I guess...

bv said above that it was 10:00 PDT (LA). 1:00 (13:00) EDT (NYC). Not sure of all the conversions for Eurpope and the rest of the world.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 18, 2015 17:29

Greenwich 18:00 Central Europe 19:00

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 18, 2015 17:52

Nikkei
Greenwich 18:00 Central Europe 19:00

Thanks Nikkei. So in 2 hours and 7 minutes then.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:20

Special announcement - hmm, I hope it's not about that spanish Sticky Fingers cover thingy ...

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:22

My guess:

1. New Single
2. News ...a couple of concerts will include SF from start to finnish

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:25

I too am speculating the 'announcement' is an effort to boost ticket sales. It could be an 'announcement' to disclose they will be performing the SF album in its entirety. That has been up in the air in recent interviews, but rehearsals may have left them feeling like they ought to do it. I think that is my #1 guess as to what the 'announcement' will be.

I can't help but expect it to be not exactly earth-shattering!

Typically, I would dismiss any theory on a last tour announcement, but it could be they have just sort of made that decision as they have been together, and it could definitely be a marketing tool. If they make that announcement, I suspect it will be a very intentional lie, and they will use it again in a year or two!

A new album would also be my top choice, and it is certainly possible. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:27

Can someone set up a link so we can follow the questioning while we discuss it here?

Date: May 18, 2015 18:30

[twitter.com] it's pretty much just this. Refresh it and the new stuff will always be at the top.

Date: May 18, 2015 18:33

I'm hoping they will announce a show in the Northeast US.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:36

Announcement will be about the Fonda theatre show, no? Isn't that sort of obvious?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:01

Mel Belli
Announcement will be about the Fonda theatre show, no? Isn't that sort of obvious?

You're probably right but the guy who gave us this info stated it's by invitation only, no reason to doubt his info since he was right about the date and the location. Why announce a show to thousands when no one (or very few) can get in?

I can't really think of any announcement that would be of interest to the majority of fans unless it's another theater show we haven't heard about, some sort of ticket giveaway or the inclusion of warm up acts or special guests.

Guess we'll find out in an hour. Hoping they pick some decent questions to answer.

peace

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:14

My guess: Fonda Show with complete Sticky Fingers being played, broadcast live or available as a download later, download for free for all buyers of the reissue...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home