Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15
Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 15, 2015 13:32

[www.nme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 19:11 by bv.

Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday night
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 15, 2015 14:11

*special announcement* new album. new album. new album. new album.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 15, 2015 16:40

Nice

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: May 15, 2015 16:40

IORR pooling questions we most want answered, to maximise chances of a response?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 15, 2015 18:44

d'you think the special announcement would be that show in LA that everyone's been talking about?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 15, 2015 18:45

NEW ALBUM!

I hope.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 15, 2015 18:57

nankerzrk
IORR pooling questions we most want answered, to maximise chances of a response?

I believe there is a thread called Mick and Keith IORR interview or something like that. It would be cool if someone here with a twitter account posted that in a reply on twitter.

Date: May 15, 2015 19:05

Koen
nankerzrk

I believe there is a thread called Mick and Keith IORR interview or something like that. It would be cool if someone here with a twitter account posted that in a reply on twitter.

hahah that would be hilarious.... but pointless. sad smiley

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: May 15, 2015 20:54

alieb
Koen
nankerzrk

hahah that would be hilarious.... but pointless. sad smiley

Why not get a poll going for IORR's top questions, maybe get top 3 questions and all of us send those in with #IORRTOPQs ?

Date: May 15, 2015 21:22

^ Not a bad idea

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 15, 2015 23:07

Charlie will be there answering questions as well.

Has hell frozen over? Mr Watts will be doing his first ever @Twitter Q&A! Use #AskTheStones to ask him anything #CharliestoocoolforTwitter?

OK, I'd better go now before folks say I'm a 'goddess'. We all know BV is the site's GOD!!hot smiley

CE smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 23:11 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 16, 2015 01:18

alieb
d'you think the special announcement would be that show in LA that everyone's been talking about?

Guess they will mention the next Leg..South America.
jeroen

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: May 17, 2015 00:41

Hi Cocaine Eyes;

Still hoping you will email me today or tomorrow.

rbowman

Re: Twitter q&a and special announcement Monday
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 17, 2015 03:09

Just for the record - this is Monday morning in LA:

The Rolling Stones will host their first ever Twitter questions and answers session on Monday May 18. Also, a special announcement is expected the same day. The session will start 10am PST (LA/US west coast time), 1pm EST (US East coast), 6pm UK time, 7pm CET (Central European Time).

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2015 16:19

Cocaine Eyes
Charlie will be there answering questions as well.

Has hell frozen over? Mr Watts will be doing his first ever @Twitter Q&A! Use #AskTheStones to ask him anything #CharliestoocoolforTwitter?

OK, I'd better go now before folks say I'm a 'goddess'. We all know BV is the site's GOD!!hot smiley

CE smoking smiley

by any chance are you standing in a doorway right now?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2015 16:21

corriecas
alieb

jeroen

I actually doubt they would do that...they seem to delay those types of announcements until soon before.

My top guesses...in order of likelihood.
1. New album.
2. Special guests (including MT)
3. This is the last tour

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 17, 2015 16:27

spsimmons
*special announcement* new album. new album. new album. new album.

I really @#$%& hope so.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 17, 2015 17:33

treaclefingers
1. New album.
3. This is the last tour

Treacle I am rooting for your guesses but unfortunately I think they will just officially announce the Wednesday gig... [www.iorr.org]

That being said, I love Twitter but we have an insane work day Monday. I will not be able to post questions during the Q&A... Hopefully some fellow fans ask some good ones! I expect the social media monitor to pick the easy ones.. "is this your last tour" "what kind of pizza do you like" "are you going to play in (insert city)"

I am really just curious if the setlist will contain the same 17 songs preformed at every gig for the past 3 years.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 17, 2015 17:44

I ask a lot of questions with the hastag #AskTheStones and two of them are marked as favorite by the official account from The Rolling Stones. Wonder if they gonna answer these questions. Would be very cool if they did!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 17, 2015 18:20

treaclefingers
by any chance are you standing in a doorway right now?

That was a good one. If I recall correctly, Keith said it was 'dogs*^t' in that doorway.grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 17, 2015 18:27

treaclefingers
corriecas
alieb

jeroen

I actually doubt they would do that...they seem to delay those types of announcements until soon before.

1. New album.
3. This is the last tour

New album would be the only good thing, except for Mick taylor joining ofcourse.

Jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 17, 2015 19:02

Fougedaboudit... Special announcement: The Sticky Fingers re-release date. Most probably.

Date: May 17, 2015 19:18

I don't think it would be that this is the last tour. I doubt they would announce that now. I think they either will never announce it and just stop, or announce it at the very beginning of the tour to boost ticket sales right off the bat.

Date: May 17, 2015 20:04

Stoneage
Fougedaboudit... Special announcement: The Sticky Fingers re-release date. Most probably.

Most people know about this already.

Guess they will just say they will keep on going, ...when Charlie says he is up for it.
It all depends on the main man... Charlie!!!

Jeroen

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: May 17, 2015 20:06

I SO want it to be a new album, but I guess it will be about the special gig they seem to be playing on Wednesday

Date: May 17, 2015 20:18

That they are performing on letterman Wed!

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 17, 2015 20:33

They're going to announce that they don't care if people know where the rehearsal venue is AND take all the pictures you want.

Date: May 17, 2015 20:38

alieb
I don't think it would be that this is the last tour. I doubt they would announce that now. I think they either will never announce it and just stop, or announce it at the very beginning of the tour to boost ticket sales right off the bat.

they will never announce it is the last tour, they will keep going till they drop!!
Jeroen

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 17, 2015 21:08

Hate to say this but maybe ticket sales for some shows are really as poor
As some people have reported. Possibly the promoter told the band they need to do somthing to rapidly sell these tickets. If this is the intention of the anouncement then this anouncement could be many things but hopefully not declaring this the last tour.

Now if the anouncement is the rumored club show then this is probably good
news. Reason being, if the band announces the show to all then the band could not state "By inventation only". They would certainly have to include the fans.
However, with two days advanced notice the tickets would need to be issued via Lottery. Downside with the lottery system is we would never know how many
tickets were allocated to the fans and how many to the "beautiful people".
Actually the fans are the "beautiful people". I'm not sure the "powers that be"
have realized this yet.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 17, 2015 23:33

swimtothemoon
Hate to say this but maybe ticket sales for some shows are really as poor
As some people have reported. Possibly the promoter told the band they need to do somthing to rapidly sell these tickets. If this is the intention of the anouncement then this anouncement could be many things but hopefully not declaring this the last tour.

Curious what many things you think they could announce that would spur ticket sales at this point. I can only come up with:

1. Last probable NA tour - not likely they would say this and it's not hard to conclude that this is a possibility anyway.

2. Hot Opening Acts- I would welcome this more for your money approach but since none have leaked out at this point it also seems unlikely

3. Mick Taylor will be joining. In reality they did kind of leave this possibility open when Mick said "I don't think so" and Keith said "I heard he was sick" but lack of sighting at the rehearsals make me think this isn't an option.

4. All unsold seats available for $29.95 in the days leading up to the show, or some similar massive discounted marketing move.

I do expect a pretty aggressive and hyped media blitz after the San Diego show to get the message out there that this is a tour that shouldn't be missed.

peace

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home