Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ALBUM TALK INDEX
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2015 12:24

Flowers is a gem and should be included. Likewise with December's Children.

Date: September 25, 2015 12:31

Chris Fountain
Flowers is a gem and should be included. Likewise with December's Children.

December's Children is included.

Flowers is a compilation.

Date: September 25, 2015 12:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-02 14:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 25, 2015 12:43

Shouldn't Flowers be a stand alone album? I don't recall all songs residing on other albums. Yes, I know a few do but not all. If wrong I will stand corrected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-25 12:46 by Chris Fountain.

Date: September 25, 2015 13:01

Chris Fountain
Shouldn't Flowers be a stand alone album? I don't recall all songs residing on other albums. Yes, I know a few do but not all. If wrong I will stand corrected.

Flowers is a compilation with some (in the US only) unreleased tracks. It's not regarded as a studio album by the Stones.

Date: September 25, 2015 13:29

DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain

Flowers is a compilation with some (in the US only) unreleased tracks. It's not regarded as a studio album by the Stones.

I think we need to take a closer look at Flowers. There could possibly be songs that do not appear on the "compilation" albums. This will take research and I will touch base on this subject-

Respects-Chris

Date: September 25, 2015 13:54

«Flowers is an American compilation album by The Rolling Stones, released in the summer of 1967.[1] The songs either appeared as singles, had been omitted from the American versions of Aftermath and Between the Buttons, were collected from studio sessions dating back to 1965, or are reissues of songs recently released on other albums.

Three tracks had never been released. "My Girl", "Ride On, Baby" and "Sittin' on a Fence", the first of which was recorded in May 1965 during the sessions for Satisfaction, and the other two of which were recorded in December 1965 during the first lot of Aftermath sessions. The title refers to the album's cover, with flower stems underneath the portrait of each band member. Bassist Bill Wyman claims that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards deliberately arranged the stem of Brian Jones's flower so that it had no leaves, as a prank».

More info:
[en.wikipedia.org])

Date: September 25, 2015 14:02

From rollingstones.com:

This album, despite its nod towards the prevailing mood of the moment – the Summer of Love – is a mixture of hits and tracks collected together by the band’s US record label.

The Stones’ contribution was minimal, but despite this it has some classic tracks and an Anglophied cover of My Girl that had topped the US charts two years earlier by the Temptations. It also includes US No.1, Ruby Tuesday on which Brian plays flute, that had become the band’s fourth chart topping American single earlier in 1967, its b-side Let’s Spend The Night Together. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Mother’s Little Helper and Lady Jane, on which Brian plays dulcimer, had all been American hits during 1966 and they are also included in this not-quite-greatest-hits LP.

Date: September 25, 2015 15:12

No offense-

Three tracks had never been released. "My Girl", "Ride On, Baby" and "Sittin' on a Fence", the first of which was recorded in May 1965 during the sessions for Satisfaction, and the other two of which were recorded in December 1965 during the first lot of Aftermath sessions

Therefore this is a Stand Alone Album. And maybe the best depending on mood.

Date: September 25, 2015 15:16

Chris Fountain
No offense-

Three tracks had never been released. "My Girl", "Ride On, Baby" and "Sittin' on a Fence", the first of which was recorded in May 1965 during the sessions for Satisfaction, and the other two of which were recorded in December 1965 during the first lot of Aftermath sessions

Therefore this is a Stand Alone Album. And maybe the best depending on mood.

Well, do you consider Grrr a stand alone album as well? Doom And Gloom and One More Shot hadn't been released before.

What about 40 Licks? 4 tracks never released before.

No, sorry, Flowers is (like the Stones's webpage and all other webpages say): A compilation with three previous unreleased tracks.

But it is a good one indeed.

A little patience, Chris. I will do the compilations after I'm finished with the ALBUM TALKs smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-25 15:17 by DandelionPowderman.

thumbs upRe: ALBUM TALK INDEX
Date: September 25, 2015 15:25

I will contribute! thumbs up

Date: October 2, 2015 14:04

Edited October 2.

Re: ALBUM TALK INDEX (Click on page 1 for updated list)
Date: October 9, 2015 12:59

Updated October 9.

Date: October 16, 2015 15:26

Updated October 16.

Date: October 23, 2015 13:33

Updated on October 23.

Date: February 21, 2017 12:16

Updated on February 21, 2017, with Blue & Lonesome.

Date: April 6, 2017 22:00

Date: August 6, 2017 13:19

Just bumping this..

Date: August 6, 2017 18:45

I could not find this one earlier. Wish it was on the special page for long term threads. (The ones that pay a month in advance).
Btw, I move that 'Flowers' should be included. The stones never saw it as a Big Hits

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 6, 2017 19:17

Palace Revolution 2000
I could not find this one earlier. Wish it was on the special page for long term threads. (The ones that pay a month in advance).
Btw, I move that 'Flowers' should be included. The stones never saw it as a Big Hits

bv has a link to "Forum links of interest" on the home page and has included the Index to René's Track Talks in it.
I think he should include this index in there too.
Dandie included "Flowers" in his compilations list: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: August 6, 2017 19:29

Flowers is included in the "Selected Compilations Talk", Palace.

Date: August 7, 2017 21:30

DandelionPowderman
Flowers is included in the "Selected Compilations Talk", Palace.

Ah well, your thread should be in Forum threads of interest. With Rene.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 7, 2017 21:45

As well as the Live Album Talk Index: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 7, 2017 23:42

Thank you DP for taking the time to do the Album talks and indexes. It's much appreciated by me and many others. Rene would be proud. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-07 23:42 by latebloomer.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 7, 2017 23:46

My opinion, all the talks should have a more prominent place on IORR....

Date: August 8, 2017 11:27

Anyone who takes it on her/himself to create some of these wonderful threads that make IORR a special place deserve huge thanks.
People like Rene, Schillid, Dandy, Withsssoul, Mightystork, Exilestones.

Back in the day Honestman had an incredible thread going that got eaten up.

Date: January 26, 2018 12:40

I'm bumping this, as some of the albums have been discussed recently.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: January 26, 2018 14:33

Argh, if only I'd discovered this thread a few months ago...I went hunting for the individual Track Talk threads one by one using the site's search feature!

As for Flowers, it's a cool album, but as many songs are repeats I just downloaded the tracks I need. And it's a much better listen than Metamorphosis (the Each and Everyday of the Year track is painful for me to listen to).

EDIT: Only thing I would change is add the live albums below it. I remember reading the one about No Security amazed at all the Dave Mathews hate (I honestly didn't even notice that there was a "foreign" voice on there singing! Track is one of my favourites on there)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 14:36 by FrogSugar.

Date: January 26, 2018 14:41

FrogSugar
Argh, if only I'd discovered this thread a few months ago...I went hunting for the individual Track Talk threads one by one using the site's search feature!

As for Flowers, it's a cool album, but as many songs are repeats I just downloaded the tracks I need. And it's a much better listen than Metamorphosis (the Each and Everyday of the Year track is painful for me to listen to).

EDIT: Only thing I would change is add the live albums below it. I remember reading the one about No Security amazed at all the Dave Mathews hate (I honestly didn't even notice that there was a "foreign" voice on there singing! Track is one of my favourites on there)

There is a separate LIVE ALBUM TALK smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 14:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 26, 2018 14:43

FrogSugar

I think that several of the Decca comps, that the Stones were not involved with, have held up very well. Always were pretty decent.
"No Stone Unturned" especially; and "Metamorphosis" too. "More Hot Rocks", and "Stone Age" too. "Stone Age" was one of my very first albums. I knew all the odd tracks inside out, before hearing all the big war horses.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home