Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Song that turned you on to the Stones
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:40

Let it bleed album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 20, 2017 12:14

...I was in a pram getting wheeled past Dick Taylor's parents house somewhere around '62 when I heard the sounds of Little Queenie....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 20, 2017 12:41

Dandelion

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: May 20, 2017 19:52

Ross
I was about 10 and my older brother had the single "2000 Light Years From Home" b/w "She's A Rainbow". I "borrowed" it quite often and wore it out. Loved both songs! Really got hooked around 1971 when I acquired an 8-track of Let It Bleed, and eventually Sticky Fingers. The first Vinyl album I bought was TSMR around that same time. I loved it as a youngster, but got tired of it faster than the others, which I have still not gotten tired of!

I was 12 in 1967 when that "She's a Rainbow" / "2000 Light Years from Home" 45 came out. I bought it and was totally captivated by the cover, which was the "non 3D" photo of the Satanic Majesties album. So much to look at, with the photos of the Beatles hidden in the flowers, etc.

I had a bad case of tonsillitis around this time, and was home from school for awhile, and I remember playing that single to death and looking at the picture, to help get my mind off of my throat hurting so bad.

After asking my mom over and over for the money to buy Satanic Majesties, I finally got my 3D copy. Other than the two songs on the single, I was a big fan of "Citadel," and "2000 Man," but was generally disappointed in the album as a whole.

When Beggar's Banquet was released, I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.

But when Let it Bleed came out (my all time favorite Stones album), I had the fever once again (and this time not from the tonsillitis!)
smiling smiley

Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: May 20, 2017 19:59

sticky fingers album>grinning smiley<

Date: May 20, 2017 21:36

Yaya's.---SFTD. I'm still not over it.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 20, 2017 21:58

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

The 7" single. 1965. My older brother had it. But I stole it.

(Note to young people: Singles were 7" vinyl records that had one song on each side of the disc. )

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home