Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Problem accessing Tell Me and other Message Lists
Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: May 4, 2015 06:55

Same here as well,first time it happened.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:27

it was hard to get into the tell me forum, somehow I went into another link like
Stones tour and then found my best keith picture and then was able to login

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:33

Same problem too the last day's ...happy though .....now I have more time telling my wife I still love here grinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:36

Same problem here in Germany, at work and home. Thought it was just my home computer at first. I'm a little bit relieved, but at the same time I hope IORR hasn't been hacked.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:37

SAME --with me!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 4, 2015 18:40

Same here - on and off for the last couple of days. It happened again about two hours ago and I'd just logged back in to start a thread about it.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 4, 2015 19:22

Same here ...

Re: IORR site performance issue
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 4, 2015 22:07

Thanks for the explanation Bjornulf. I guess you're getting more guests than usual as the tour approaches, but it seems to me your site has handled the heavy traffic very well in the past without problems. Anyway thanks for the uncompensated work and good luck fixing the problem.

peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 4, 2015 22:13

Thank you BV for the explanation and the hard work that you do to keep IORR up and running - also thanks to your silent partner, BV junior. I will refrain from more silliness here.

Well, I'll try. smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 4, 2015 22:27

The problem is not normal traffic, but as IORR is high volume, there is unwanted i.e. abnormal access involved, typically advanced hacking and so on. This happens with all major sites even VISA.com, large banks and so on, but the difference is VISA have a technical staff, I don't have a large technical staff. But we are on it, as always.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 4, 2015 22:29

Had same problem last days as described. Tonight there was no problem te see tell me.

Thank you bv, and thank your son for keeping iorr running. Very much appreciated!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 4, 2015 22:56

whitem8
I am often getting a message: The database connection failed. Please check your database configuration in include/db/config.php. If the configuration is okay, check if the database server is running.

Anyone else getting this? The only way I was able to access Tell Me was through a back door link from the home page.

Yes I get this over and over on my android device, have not seen it on my apple device.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 4, 2015 22:58

bv
The problem is not normal traffic, but as IORR is high volume, there is unwanted i.e. abnormal access involved, typically advanced hacking and so on. This happens with all major sites even VISA.com, large banks and so on, but the difference is VISA have a technical staff, I don't have a large technical staff. But we are on it, as always.

True true, it is the first thing I look at in the morning!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 5, 2015 00:14

2014Slayer
whitem8
I am often getting a message: The database connection failed. Please check your database configuration in include/db/config.php. If the configuration is okay, check if the database server is running.

Anyone else getting this? The only way I was able to access Tell Me was through a back door link from the home page.

Yes I get this over and over on my android device, have not seen it on my apple device.

It's happening to me on Windows desktop and two different Android tablets - I don't think the problem is at "our" end.

Thank you bv for the explanation, and bv junior for all the unpublicised hard work. We take iorr reliability for granted without thinking of what must be involved.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 5, 2015 01:36

latebloomer
steffialicia
Having same issues on and off

We all have our trials and tribulations, steffiaicia. Take a valium and you'll feel better in the morning.

Not having my tickets...now that required a xanax. This, not so much!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: May 5, 2015 02:16

Thank you for the forum bv. Just started posting recently but been a follower for many years.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 5, 2015 03:14

Your work and dedication to IORR is greatly appreciated bv and son!! Thanks much!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 5, 2015 04:39

Bjornulf, just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you, and your son (--a chip off the old block, as we say in the States--) and your anonymous assistant for maintaining the site for us!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 5, 2015 05:23

The people running this site to an outstanding job, no there fan site for anything is as smooth and easy to navigate as this...The archives are a bounty, I encourage everyone to explore the entire site..

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: May 5, 2015 10:49

Thanks Bjornulf. All seems more reliable now.
Glad to see you and your son are getting "tour ready"!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 5, 2015 11:56

Hi Bjornulf,

yes, a big Thank You and all involved for caring and keeping IORR running.

I'm a webmaster myself, also as profession, and have some experience in checking and customising the sources of PHP/MySQL onlineshops, CMS and forums, too.

In case you need a second (third?) opinion about some isssue, I would be happy to try and be of help!

Keep on rolling! thumbs up

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 5, 2015 13:03

Thank You BV for keeping up that fabulous IORR website.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 5, 2015 14:00

Thank you BV and Son for looking after this absolutely fabulous website and forumssmileys with beer

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 5, 2015 15:02

Thank you BV, et al, for maintaining this wonderful site.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 5, 2015 19:12

Thanks to bv and his son and any/all others who help keep this site going..
It's much appreciated.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 6, 2015 02:44

Yeah, hats of to BV and son! THANKS!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 6, 2015 06:23

Just a bit of an update from my perspective if it helps Bjornulf to further understand and fix the issue:

It seems to still be happening fairly frequently, but it clears really quickly...a couple reloads and the database is available again.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2015 06:36

Yeah, it's getting better...

A little better all the time

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2015 07:01

We are fully aware of the issue, it is just that it is a massive database, and migration to new systems and solutions do take some time. Just do a refresh and you will get a proper connection normally, or use the back/forward on the browser if a post failed.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 6, 2015 08:56

This problem happened to me too for a couple of days. No biggie, now it's running perfectly for me. Thanks BV, and to your son!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home