Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 21 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:29

Agreed - FANTASTIC shot, roller99!!! Did you take it?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 18, 2015 08:55

Cocaine Eyes
swiss
Cocaine Eyes
soulrob
Cocaine Eyes;

I think my last message didn't make it through.

Please email me on Sunday or Monday morning as I head to L.A. Tuesday.

rbowman

Hi Professor!

E-mail will be sent later today/EARLY Monday. Things in LA are in flux right now. Please be ready (in LA) by the 20th.

You'll also get an e-mail from me re Massey Hall as that develops. And as other small gigs develop/get firmed up.

Have fu!

CE smoking smiley

What does "Have fu" mean?

Thank you so much! I corrected it. How horrible to send that to a professor of musicology. In my own defence, I did post that whilst still in my PJ's. eye popping smiley

CE smoking smiley

Last night I used "Have fu" in mock annoyance. It got a laugh. It may be my new favorite expression tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 09:11 by swiss.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 18, 2015 09:37

So there's pretty much no news reporting on the rehearsals in this thread, correct?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2015 09:43

JMARKO
So there's pretty much no news reporting on the rehearsals in this thread, correct?

Correct. Cars in, rehearsals, cars out, been so for 1 1/2 week now, they are "en route" but there is nothing to report. Everyone is at the rehearsals, that's about it.

We have been spoiled in the past with sites where we can here what they do. This time we hear nothing, we don't even see them in and out of the cars, because they park "around the corner".

Makes it even more exciting to see them in San Diego!

Bjornulf

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 18, 2015 10:32

Notice Keith is wearing a ring on his pinky finger like Elvis Presley. Mick wore a ruby on his pinky into the 1970's.

Date: May 18, 2015 11:29

All is summed up here.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 11:32 by swiss.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:33

Hi,everyone,this is my first time posting here, Nice to meet you all...I've enjoyed this site for a long time. I'm the one who posted on Facebook about Keith stopping outside the rehearsals. We were about 5 girls left; he smiled a huge Cheshire grin and made eye contact with all of us. He had the black eyeliner and head wrap, looked gorgeous! It was too fast to get a photo, but I wouldn't want to bother him anyway.2013 was much better, because you could hear them play. Not to sound like a teenage fan girl,but it's so exciting when they stop for us! And they seem to appreciate the attention, as long as we are calm and respectful. Just wanted to give an update about last night. Keith waved, Ronnie told someone they wouldn't be there Sunday. The last car out was Charlie. We were told that if we line up, he would sign for each of us. The professional autograph hounds started pushing anyway. I was the last one up, and he signed my Sticky Fingers album. He was so friendly and classy, of course. There was a little girl there, and he asked her her name, how old she was, where she lived. Sorry this is so long. I'm still excited! lol It was a dream come true!

P.S. I've seen them many times over the years, from the Echoplex to the Coliseum, but I did not manage to get any tickets for San Diego in any of the presales. I'm keeping everything crossed for Wednesday! Any help or info on getting tickets would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:40

Jeffroi
Welcome to Wankerville, man there are some real arrogant @#$%& on this sight who think they now it awl & probably don't even go to the shows!

...Maybe I didn't pay enough attention at school, but shouldn't this be:

"man they're some reel arrogant fooks on these sight who think they no it awl & probably don't even goto the shows!" ??

Date: May 18, 2015 11:40

Great story, laurel, thanks for posting thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2015 12:00

thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:00

Excellent post Laurel wish i was there

Date: May 18, 2015 12:33

RoughJusticeOnYa
Jeffroi
Welcome to Wankerville, man there are some real arrogant @#$%& on this sight who think they now it awl & probably don't even go to the shows!

...Maybe I didn't pay enough attention at school, but shouldn't this be:

"man they're some reel arrogant fooks on these sight who think they no it awl & probably don't even goto the shows!" ??

Awesome details - thanks for posting! I'm the person who saw your post on FB and copied it over here. It was trult the only substantive piece of news from anyone this whole rehearsal "season." Glad you got to briefly vibe with KR and get SF signed by Charlie!

- swiss

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:33

Thanks Laurel. Keep 'em coming!

TE
Oslo

Date: May 18, 2015 12:52

Thanks, everybody! I'll try! It's been an amazing Stones weekend. I hope the rest of the week is even better! winking smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 18, 2015 12:52

with Chuck D Public Enemy

[www.facebook.com]

[scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:26

strat72
A thread about rehearsals for the upcoming tour, and all we have so far is ten pages of conjecture and bullshit from the usual IORR suspects!

All posing as experts.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:27

bv
JMARKO

Correct. Cars in, rehearsals, cars out, been so for 1 1/2 week now, they are "en route" but there is nothing to report. Everyone is at the rehearsals, that's about it.

We have been spoiled in the past with sites where we can here what they do. This time we hear nothing, we don't even see them in and out of the cars, because they park "around the corner".

Makes it even more exciting to see them in San Diego!

Yeh right. Don't forget to act surprised when they play Jumping Jack Flash!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 18, 2015 15:46

Well done Laurel, lifetime memories and thanks for sharing.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:41

Mick just tweeted:

(UPS - that was 2 days ago, I'm very sorry - haven't seen the pic before, somehow. Hope you don't mind!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 18:44 by waterrats.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 18, 2015 18:53

waterrats
Mick just tweeted:

(UPS - that was 2 days ago, I'm very sorry - haven't seen the pic before, somehow. Hope you don't mind!)

...five strings

three chords

two hands

...and one highly disciplined exceptionally well-read extremely fit and wealthy knighted rock and roll legend

Posted by: Jeffroi ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:38

eat me

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 18, 2015 20:45

duke richardson
waterrats
Mick just tweeted:

...five strings

three chords

two hands

...and one highly disciplined exceptionally well-read extremely fit and wealthy knighted rock and roll legend

Absolutely thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2015 20:50

Dreamer
duke richardson
waterrats
Mick just tweeted:

...five strings

three chords

two hands

Absolutely thumbs up

smileys with beer

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:35

is this an InSync or NKOTB fan site? Good lord. Carrying on like wayward urchins for a bunch of 70+ old men. Go enjoy the shows. Fight about set lists. But waiting for crumbs outside of rehearsals and infighting over who has a right to the information..good lord....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 21:37 by wellalright.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:37

go away

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:39

wellalright!! eye popping smiley

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 18, 2015 21:47

sdstonesguy
Bjornulf, Cocaine Eyes & Roller will come through & get us all invited...I have faith...they wouldn't let me down.
OMG I hope so please dont forget me! I have to have a cystoscopy at 6:30 am on the 20th at the Hollywood comunity Hospital on DeLongpre...not far from the Fonda..I just wonder if we will need to get to a wristband que first someplace else
please BV and Cocaine Eyes and Roller dont forget me! smiling smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 18, 2015 22:04

benroyblenkle
sdstonesguy
Bjornulf, Cocaine Eyes & Roller will come through & get us all invited...I have faith...they wouldn't let me down.
OMG I hope so please dont forget me! I have to have a cystoscopy at 6:30 am on the 20th at the Hollywood comunity Hospital on DeLongpre...not far from the Fonda..I just wonder if we will need to get to a wristband que first someplace else
please BV and Cocaine Eyes and Roller dont forget me! smiling smiley

I think CE is ensconsed in her summer house in Canada and roller99 has admitted he is not really a big RS fan. I think bv may be your only hope but if I were you I'd be looking out for #1 on your own. Good Luck.

peace

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 18, 2015 22:06

Rolling Stones LA Rehearsals - May 2015. List of songs played as far as known:
1. BEAST OF BURDEN.
2. MOONLIGHT MILE
3. CAN'T TURN YOU LOOSE

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 18, 2015 22:11

4. SISTER MORPHINE (for the first time ever eye rolling smiley)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 21 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home