Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 16, 2015 05:15

I have no idea how or why facebook still exists. It is hard to navigate and too often the links dont work. I have given it a try, but I have long since stopped even trying to link there. There are plenty of better places, like IORR, that work too well.

Simple and secure is the way to go... and facebook seems the opposite of that.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 16, 2015 05:19

Naturalust

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up FB friggin' owns all content you post, that alone scared me off long ago.

I got scared off by watching The Social Network. Nasty pieces of work at FB.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: May 16, 2015 05:19

Thanks for that news Dan,Iam sitting here on a wet Sat afternoon in Christchurch NZ, Ronnies car stopped for me in Auckland last year great memory.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2015 05:25

If you feel it is important to tell everyone about the rehearsals site then feel free but remember it is about their security. I mean 15 people is no problem but when the name is public there will be 2x or 3x, in Paris there were 70-80 during the last few days. Then cars just drive off and it is a mess. Last time I published the name was in 1999, then there were hundreds in the San Francisco streets outside The Fillmore.

Also I am surprised because the name has been here long time ago already. It is not rocket science.

About the 1999 rehearsals, you may still read my day to day reports here, the strets were packed, the band may be old but the streets will fill up still... This is the day-by-day 1999 No Security rehearsals story:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:06

bv
DREAMTIME

There is a new Facebook Group dedicated to The ZIPCODE tour. There is also an event page for each show and the Burbank rehearsals

Great way to support Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg with placing content so that he can make more money from ads. That is the whole difference between IORR vs. Facebook. Non-commercial vs commercial, high privacy vs no privacy.

Feel free to enjoy Facebook but please do not use IORR to drive traffic to commercial sites.

Zuckerberg gets billion-dollar birthday gift
[americasmarkets.usatoday.com]

You know it's not about supporting commercial interests BUT the ability of people to speak more freely. I grew up with more free speech here in the USA. Hotels and Rehearsals locations are not private and will never be.... and I know you don't want to look like you encourage stalking but you shouldn't mind some of the people here who do want to discuss these subjects the knowledge of where they can go to participate. You should set-up a permanent link like other sources...Don't worry about these little matters, just enjoy the tour! maybe I will see you at Sonoko's memorial dinner....

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:09

People think security is no big deal but it is. MJ has been attacked in the past and worse things have happened to their peers. I have to agree their day to day movements should not be public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 07:01 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:36

We had a billion people outside the Four Seasons in Buenos Aires 24 hours chanting and singing and they loved it. When I fed news to them about overturned burning cars outside the show it brought smiles to everyone's faces! And a million people chased the bus through the avenue on departure...

It's exactly what they need and want, otherwise it's just showing up for a job.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:39

Keith at rehearsals w Chuck D

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 16, 2015 07:41

Chuck D was there? Damn I would have hung around longer if I had a chance of meeting him.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 16, 2015 10:30

DREAMTIME
And you know what? Buses are always better than sedans! I want the band together. I actually led the one bike cop and Mick's sedan in Tel Aviv to get them into the right entrance. It's always more secure in a Bus. The Magic Bus!

I know you come from a very orderly country and some in the usa (park ave) would prefer that way of life. But like Brasil and other countries, I like the chaos. In Brasil they hate order so much they make it a point driving the wrong way on a one-way street. (I miss USA 60-70's!)

With all the people rising up for a minimum wage (street fighting man) and the war against income disparity is the kind of times The Stones were made from! The LA Times Headlines should read everyday "Traffic & Chaos as thousands of fans flock to Burbank where The Rolling Stones are
preparing for their new ZIPCODE Tour 2015!!"

I come from a country with many rules too but this post brings a smile on my face. The love splashed from my screen. Great post!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 16, 2015 12:59

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Jeffroi
Is it the Burbank Studio?

Keep driving!

Jumping in here for a minute because I see Dreamer's posting.

Reprimand to Dreamer = be careful how many hints you give. grinning smiley I have a HUGE hint, but I shall remain silent as per BV's request.

OK, back to the serenity of Muskoka and (in particular) Bala Falls.

CE smoking smiley

And NO - BV is STILL the god of this site........no one else. smiling smiley

Oops...was it my third? Then I'll say no more!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 16, 2015 13:19

MisterDDDD

Fuuuuuuuuuuuddddgge! When was this?

Keith looks great. Chuck D always looks great.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 16, 2015 13:28

swiss
MisterDDDD

Fuuuuuuuuuuuddddgge! When was this?

Keith looks great. Chuck D always looks great.

Who is Chuck D.? Does he play an instrument?
I only know Chuck Berry.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 16, 2015 14:00

I had to look him up on Google.

He's a rapper.

Date: May 16, 2015 14:01

bleedingman
Thanks, Dreamer, for sharing! smileys with beer Again, speculating, but IF they are working up a Sticky Fingers show, will they re-arrange the songs they've been playing to be more like the album E.g. acoustic 12 string in "Wild Horses"? I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

That's something I really don't know...

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 16, 2015 14:04

Ok, so Chuck D from Public Enemy was there, ok.

Anybody seen Ry Cooder??? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 16, 2015 14:41

From Chuck D:

"I Had to learn something watching the Stones put on a 4 hr rehearsal better than the last 2 yrs of live concerts I seen by young genre acts."

[twitter.com]

Rolling Stones and ...Braggin

[twitter.com]

Me and Ronnie puttin on the Small Face

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 16, 2015 14:41

Hear the drummer Get...

[twitter.com]

Start Me Up

[twitter.com]

Date: May 16, 2015 15:07

Nice pics!
Now everyone who's ever been there will drive to the In-N-Out Burger on Lankershim Blvd to catch a glimp of Sally Wood buying french fries.

Date: May 16, 2015 15:47

Mr. BV.I was in 1995 in Buenos Aires , was a mess , but the wait to see the Stones was very long , I've seen videos of concerts in Europe and the US of the 60 were a disaster .
My humble opinion they need to feel that we still are interested in them.

with respect
Sergio
Buenos Aires Stones

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 16, 2015 15:56

About not disclosing the rehearsal place - in 1998 I was sneaking around (inside the venue) trying to keep the rehearsals venue a secret as the roadies were preparing the place. I came home to find The Toronto Star advertising that the Stones would be rehearsing at The Masonic Temple. So, all in all, it seems to be a contradiction in trying to keep it a secret.

Also, during those rehearsals, I was arriving with Keith when out of the blue I was smashed on the head with a guitar. The guy wanted to get Keith's attention for an autograph. Needless to say, Keith ignored the guy!eye popping smiley

In 2002 they also rehearsed at The Masonic Temple (also known as The Concert Hall) but it was not advertised in the newspapers.

OK, back to Bala Falls in Muskoka for me!

CE smoking smiley

Adding - it's seems to be easy for people to say "DO NOT GIVE AWAY THE REHEARSAL PLACE" when those people are already AT the rehearsal place! It feels a tad unseemly to me. Sure, I am aware of security but secrecy still feels somewhat greedy, for lack of a better word.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 16:13

I enjoyed having Keith and Ron pretty much all to myself ( other than the twp other people in the bar and the bar owner) back in 89 while I was enjoying some beverages at 'The Gallery' in Plymouth, Montserrat. Keith usually went to The Gallery every day after the recording session, so I am told. Sting and Midge Ure were also living on the Island during this time and I got to have dinner with Midge. Really nice guy!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 16, 2015 16:36

Thanks for the pictures !!
Jeroen

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 16:39

hope they do sway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 16:40 by taz22.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 16, 2015 18:36

famous people wanting to take selfies with other famous people makes me laugh.

I hope Chuck D knows that he is now banned for life of ever complaining about anyone wanting a selfie with him.

I have never understood asking for autographs and this selfie thing is just as puzzling.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 16, 2015 18:46

Leonioid

I hope Chuck D knows that he is now banned for life of ever complaining about anyone wanting a selfie with him.

I have never understood asking for autographs and this selfie thing is just as puzzling.

photographic name-dropping

Date: May 16, 2015 19:20

Mr. Bv . in Argentina we are very passionate about everything the Stones. .you are not savages offended your comment .I fans of the boys 1985 I have 40 years and I 'm still as before.

with respect
Sergio

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:22

DREAMTIME
chevysales
DREAMTIME
There is a new Facebook Group dedicated to The ZIPCODE tour. There is also an event page for each show and the Burbank rehearsals

[www.facebook.com]

You can post all the friendly information you want including locations, hotels or anything pertaining to the tour only.

Unlike BV, my time with The Stones has taught me that in their latter years, they want as much hysteria as possible (it's helps with ticket sales).

agree...but dead link

[www.facebook.com]

thank you nut got it as Keith posted instagram with Chuck D from side of studio according to google map and exif data from pic ha they didn't strip it out winking smiley so guess it aint such a big secret as posters here claim. if not for us they wouldn't fill stadiums and it's "wide open at all but 1 show to date. Tarps for Ohio uppers?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:23

Leonioid

I've never seen Chuck refuse to take a picture or sign an autograph for someone.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 16, 2015 19:25

Leonioid
I have no idea how or why facebook still exists. It is hard to navigate and too often the links dont work. I have given it a try, but I have long since stopped even trying to link there. There are plenty of better places, like IORR, that work too well.

Simple and secure is the way to go... and facebook seems the opposite of that.

you have to be kidding me? this web site is great for info and nice people but design and code is circa 1997 (sorry BV but you yourself know that). Facebook is updated monthly. not hard at all to navigate. but to each his own. Facebook isn't My Space its here for the long run.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home