Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:09

thecitadel
I can't get to LA, unlike Paris, but with BV's photo and the clues above I just found the studio - well it makes for great fun sat at home with Google on a wet day in England!!

Must have been a long ride?!?
Took you how many hours?

Date: May 15, 2015 21:13

Naturalust
Woz
bleedingman
Just speculating but possibly the reason they're secluded this time is that they do indeed know that reports and snippets will be posted, favorable and otherwise, and they may want to maintain an element of surprise if they are indeed practicing and fine tuning Sticky Fingers all the way through. Sure hope so.

This is my belief.

Not that much of a surprise since Mick said in an interview they were considering doing just that. But it's possible they aren't keen for folks to know just how much effort that might take for them in 2015. Lots of guitar work on that record that really needs to be played just right.

peace

It's not that secluded really. Practically the same sort of building as last time in LA. Practically around the corner as well.
And they really like the attention by fans as they always have the car stop or go outside for a walk and a smoke to give some autographs. Not such a big fuss needed about security and stuff: 20 or so real and well known fans around you is an important part of security instead of a problem.
And in a way they always like the publicity coming from it.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:24

Dreamer
thecitadel
I can't get to LA, unlike Paris, but with BV's photo and the clues above I just found the studio - well it makes for great fun sat at home with Google on a wet day in England!!

Must have been a long ride?!?
Took you how many hours?

only one - speed of light

Posted by: Jeffroi ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:36

Is it the Burbank Studio?

Date: May 15, 2015 21:39

Jeffroi

Keep driving!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:42

I'm off work today, maybe I'll go by this afternoon, just to see who's hanging around.....confused smiley

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:56

go away!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:56

Has anyone heard a song or is the location soundproof? Seems somthing is up
with everything so secret.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 15, 2015 22:00

Dreamer

Keep driving!

How far is it from the 2013 site?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 15, 2015 22:52

The location is perfectly designed for privacy. That does not necessarily mean the Stones chose the site solely for that reason. We were lucky in 2013 because the room they choose was directly across the main gates of the entire complex---a clear shot to listen and see glimpses of the band. Total coincidence. Had they chosen any other room in the complex, we may have heard nothing.

This time, the studios are on on the other end of the property and facing the opposite direction from the main entrance. There are no spots to stand on either side of the building. The only possible spot would be behind the building about a block and a half away from the building in an area that appears to be owned by the airport. Even standing there isn't possible since airport security forbids any bystanders loitering around. The security precautions at airports offer very little wiggle room on these matters.

We'll all hear what they were up to in a week...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 15, 2015 22:57

I am actually GLAD that no news is coming out of this hideaway.

In today's instant gratification world, it's extremely hard to be surprised by anything anymore.

The anticipation builds...
I can wait.

But it BETTER BE GOOD!
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 15, 2015 23:02

Dreamer
Jeffroi

Keep driving!

Jumping in here for a minute because I see Dreamer's posting.

Reprimand to Dreamer = be careful how many hints you give. grinning smiley I have a HUGE hint, but I shall remain silent as per BV's request.

OK, back to the serenity of Muskoka and (in particular) Bala Falls.

CE smoking smiley

And NO - BV is STILL the god of this site........no one else. smiling smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 15, 2015 23:02

Kurt
I am actually GLAD that no news is coming out of this hideaway.

In today's instant gratification world, it's extremely hard to be surprised by anything anymore.

The anticipation builds...
I can wait.

But it BETTER BE GOOD!
smiling bouncing smiley

I have to say that I agree with this sentiment too!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 15, 2015 23:36

Thanks, Dreamer, for sharing! smileys with beer Again, speculating, but IF they are working up a Sticky Fingers show, will they re-arrange the songs they've been playing to be more like the album E.g. acoustic 12 string in "Wild Horses"? I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 23:37 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 16, 2015 00:00

From Karl Denson FB page

I'm sitting here on day 4 of Rolling Stones rehearsal and had to let you all know how blessed I am feeling right now. The setlist gets winnowed down for the tour, but they play so much of the catalog during rehearsals, it's amazing and super fun. Shattered, She's So Cold, Worried About You.....insane!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 16, 2015 00:02

Literate fella, that Denson... had to google "winnowed"

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 16, 2015 00:31

So nice to final figure out where rehearsals are not that they're practically over. I imagine they'd rehearse tomorrow and maybe Monday. They'll take Tuesday off if they are doing the rumored Fonda show Wednesday, and they you pack up for the drive down to San Diego. The Crew cant set up the stage in Petco Park until Friday, as the Padres play Thursday night.

I've got extra tickets for San Diego if you know anyone who needs them.
Just email me. gfmsoccer@msn.com

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 16, 2015 00:31

DREAMTIME
There is a new Facebook Group dedicated to The ZIPCODE tour. There is also an event page for each show and the Burbank rehearsals

[www.facebook.com]

You can post all the friendly information you want including locations, hotels or anything pertaining to the tour only.

Unlike BV, my time with The Stones has taught me that in their latter years, they want as much hysteria as possible (it's helps with ticket sales).

agree...but dead link

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 16, 2015 01:05

Shattered. Worried About You, She's So Cold - that's not Sticky Fingers material.
But we all know what particular Former Rolling Stones Guitarist (MICK TAYLOR)
is needed for those tunes...

Have fun at the shows people - I'm staying home..

MLC

Date: May 16, 2015 01:08

Keep all those three songs in the setlist!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 16, 2015 01:10

chevysales
DREAMTIME
There is a new Facebook Group dedicated to The ZIPCODE tour. There is also an event page for each show and the Burbank rehearsals

[www.facebook.com]

You can post all the friendly information you want including locations, hotels or anything pertaining to the tour only.

Unlike BV, my time with The Stones has taught me that in their latter years, they want as much hysteria as possible (it's helps with ticket sales).

agree...but dead link

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 16, 2015 01:28

DREAMTIME
chevysales
DREAMTIME

[www.facebook.com]

agree...but dead link

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks Dreamtime, just checked out that Facebook link and signed up and what do I see.......the famous jacket! Nice one BV!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: May 16, 2015 02:36

Nikkei

Here's a little rehearsal that's always nice to look at.
Since Bobby was not yet on scene, Ronnie emulates his solo on guitar.
Mick sings relaxed, but the effort is all the more remarkable for it.
Favourite improvised line: "to find your face so good" or something.

Note sure if it has been noted they are playing to a rythum track

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 16, 2015 03:13

Bob C.
Nikkei

No, they are not.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 16, 2015 03:36

It's an impression one can get from the unfortunate little cut between preparations and the beginning of the song.
Think of the Some Girls intro in SAL. Why would they use a track anyway? That defies the purpose of rehearsing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 16, 2015 03:45

Justin
Bob C.
Nikkei

No, they are not.

Really. How did he come up with that? Bunk!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 16, 2015 03:46

DREAMTIME

Great way to support Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg with placing content so that he can make more money from ads. That is the whole difference between IORR vs. Facebook. Non-commercial vs commercial, high privacy vs no privacy.

Feel free to enjoy Facebook but please do not use IORR to drive traffic to commercial sites.

Zuckerberg gets billion-dollar birthday gift
[americasmarkets.usatoday.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 16, 2015 04:15

bv
DREAMTIME

Great way to support Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg with placing content so that he can make more money from ads. That is the whole difference between IORR vs. Facebook. Non-commercial vs commercial, high privacy vs no privacy.

Feel free to enjoy Facebook but please do not use IORR to drive traffic to commercial sites.

BV is spot on. The info eventually gets here from all sources!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 16, 2015 04:20

I had to go to a retail electronics store nearby and decided to stop by the studio. A few guys out front holding records. Two security guards in the driveway. Yep, this is definitely the place.

Then Bernard comes out riding a bicycle across the street to a Mexican restaurant. I stand on the opposite side of the driveway of the autograph collectors, number now dwindled to four.

Eventually a car pulls in the driveway. I hear "C'mon Ronnie, there's only 4 of us." The car stops. The security guards stand at either side of the crowd watching closely. A fifth person running through traffic from across the street joins them. Eventually the car pulls away and drives deep into the complex.

Bernard rides back with the food. I am told that is the only time anyone in 6 days has stopped to sign. Also confirmed nothing can be heard at all from out front.

I take off. I was there about ten minutes.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 16, 2015 04:24

bv
DREAMTIME

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up FB friggin' owns all content you post, that alone scared me off long ago.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home