Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:45

Jocularity!!!!!!

Posted by: Jeffroi ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:49

Does any one know the venue or physical address for rehearsals?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 13, 2015 21:55

Jeffroi

No one is going to print that information here. Period. BV doesn't want it and this is his baby. I'm sure if someone did print it, that info, and the person printing it, would be gone from here.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:00

Although it would be kind of interesting to hear some news, something,

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:16

Jeffroi

"probably" within a mile from the In-N-Out Burger on Sunset Blvd.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:41

If the address of the rehearsals site was published here on IORR then it is the same as an open invitation to everyone in LA who make their living from making paparazzi photos, reselling autographs (autograph professionals) and so on. Please do respect the general rule of not making information available in the public about where they stay and where they do rehearse. Remember everybody do read IORR, not just fans. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:43

Leonioid
Although it would be kind of interesting to hear some news, something,
Indeed.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 13, 2015 22:44

BV is right- if you google "Rolling Stones Rehearsals 2015" this is the first website that pops up in the results.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 13, 2015 23:00

alieb
BV is right- if you google "Rolling Stones Rehearsals 2015" this is the first website that pops up in the results.
Amen, bv. They should be able to rehearse without people climbing all over them. They may have gotten off on being chased, hounded, and photographed when they were younger.

Speaking of, they took over the entire 5th floor of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel during the 1975 Forum shows. Girls were literally climbing up the fire escapes to 'get close' to them. But that was then and this is now. If they wanted people to watch and listen, they'd rehearse in the Hollywood Bowl.

BTW...I've been listening to the alternate mixes / takes of BS, WH, Bitch and CYHMK from next month's SF reissue. Wow! That is going to be one hell of an album.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 14, 2015 00:46

Rolling Stones LA Rehearsals - May 2015.
List of songs played as far as known:
1. BEAST OF BURDEN.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 00:54 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 14, 2015 01:12

Yay.

Anything more appreciated.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 14, 2015 01:35

You guys act like the Stones are boy band. they're in their 70's.
they don't give a @#$%& who knows where they rehearse. Was it an issue in 2013, when we all knew? No! a few fans waited outside, 100's of yards away and just listened. Nobody was bothered at all. In fact Ronnie & Charlie walked out of the studio and signed autographs for fans on the sidewalk.

So this childish nonsense that their aging fans are going to bother them is stupid. If the Paparazzi didn't show up in 2013, they aren't going to now.
Their after young celebs, not the Stones. The Stones pay millions to have
an entourage protect them, they aren't bothered one bit that we still care
to follow them.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 14, 2015 01:52

Why would you want the address since listeners cant hear from outside?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 14, 2015 02:08

In 2013 you could hear them and sometimes see them during their breaks.

I have no interest in hanging around just to get a glimps of limos with dark tinted windows driving in and out of a facility.

Date: May 14, 2015 02:11

BluzDude
In 2013 you could hear them and sometimes see them during their breaks.

I have no interest in hanging around just to get a glimps of limos with dark tinted windows driving in and out of a facility.

but... but... those are so rare in LA... /s
;)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 14, 2015 02:20

BluzDude

Haha haaaa - that's funny and so right!

This lack of a rehearsal "setlist" information is refreshing. It's building the anticipation for the first show.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 14, 2015 02:45

I agree

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 02:46

jjf1965
strat72
A thread about rehearsals for the upcoming tour, and all we have so far is ten pages of conjecture and bullshit from the usual IORR suspects!

thumbs up

Conjecture? I was there last weekend, heard them playing BOB, and saw KR. And, I'm not a "usual" suspect. I'm highly unusual. I'm supposed to be going again tomorrow night, I'l let you know. Oh, here's more info about the club date:

Due to logistics at Fonda Theatre, The Shakey Graves show on 5/20 has been moved to Belasco Theater. All tickets purchased for the Fonda will be honored at the Belasco or refunds are available at point of purchase.

Gee, what do you think this is about?

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 14, 2015 03:10

13 pages: one song: Beast of Burden..... wow

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 14, 2015 03:12

roller99
jjf1965
strat72
A thread about rehearsals for the upcoming tour, and all we have so far is ten pages of conjecture and bullshit from the usual IORR suspects!

thumbs up

Conjecture? I was there last weekend, heard them playing BOB, and saw KR. And, I'm not a "usual" suspect. I'm highly unusual. I'm supposed to be going again tomorrow night, I'l let you know. Oh, here's more info about the club date:

Due to logistics at Fonda Theatre, The Shakey Graves show on 5/20 has been moved to Belasco Theater. All tickets purchased for the Fonda will be honored at the Belasco or refunds are available at point of purchase.

Gee, what do you think this is about?

it's about Shakey Graves
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: May 14, 2015 03:20

What about BOB?

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 14, 2015 03:24

Sounds like you're paid by the Promoter to tease fans. Kinda pointless. If you're getting in but have nothing to share, what are you here for?

They are going to do an invite-only show at the Fonda next Wednesday night. That's why they bumped Shakey Graves. It'll be filmed for a video or HBO special or something like that. They want lots of Celebs in the audience, so obviously they'll spill the beans as they cant keep their mouths shut.

Hopefully they'll release a few tickets for real fans, so the audience actually makes some noise. it only holds 1200. It'll be interesting if
its a dress rehearsal for the stadium set, or a one-off set of Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 14, 2015 08:06

Beast
BluzDude

Haha haaaa - that's funny and so right!

This lack of a rehearsal "setlist" information is refreshing. It's building the anticipation for the first show.

Interesting. Doesn't have that effect on me. The two are totally different.

Today I watched a bit of an orchestra rehearsing an upcoming program with a guest soloist. Stops and starts, discussions, absolutely incredible. I'll be attending the concert as well. The two have nothing to do with one another. Each is a separate act of creation--what happens in a rehearsal and what happens in a concert.

When I heard in 2013 that people had heard "Dead Flowers" wafting out of rehearsals it just made me even more excited about the prospect of seeing that played live.

- swiss

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 14, 2015 09:25

I understand it is frustrating with the lack of information from the rehearsals, knowing they are now in the second week of rehearsals in Los Angeles, starting up late last week.

It is very simple, there is nothing to hear, nothing to see. Like I said last week. The car do come and go two times per day. Nothing to see, they don't really open the windows.

Personally I try not to bother the band. I like to see how things work out, probably more like a reporter, except I do respect their need for privacy now, so I don't report on details like who is in what car and what shirt does Ronnie wear and all of that. They work hard every day for hours, that is what I can say, they are making sure the show that will happen in San Diego on Sunday May 24 will be great, as well as all the other shows on this tour. And they truely have an intention of promoting the re-release of Sticky Fingers in a great way.

That is all I can say for now. They don't sign when they enter and leave, because they are working now. That's life as a Stones fan in the waiting zone in LA right now. I hope to have more to tell soon, but also I hope you understand I try to give them some peace and quiet while working. If you live in LA and you are desperate to see them coming in and out I am sure you will find your way.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 06:29 by bv.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 14, 2015 09:30

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Well, they probably have been rehearsed!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 14, 2015 09:34

It's LA - why not try a white Mercedes S-class for once?

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 14, 2015 09:35

thanks for the update BV.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 14, 2015 09:55

Tnx BV

TE
Oslo

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 10:23

bv
I understand it is frustrating with the lack of information from the rehearsals, knowing they are now in the second week of rehearsals in Los Angeles, starting up late last week.

If you can't see them, hear them or listen them, where the trouble if there is more people around you.
There is perhaps some hard fans living near the rehearsals site and who should be happy to watch them and angry when they will know later they were so close. If you saw all these rehearsals all across the world, some people told you where is was, cool for you but share sometimes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 06:24 by bv.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 14, 2015 12:12

Dreamer
Jeffroi

"probably" within a mile from the In-N-Out Burger on Sunset Blvd.

I'm sorry for the 'mistake'; wrong In-N-Out Burger :-)
I mixed up two areas of importance. Move north for about 8 miles.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home