Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 9, 2015 06:05

georgeV
Perhaps she meant 5:30 AM London time?

What I want to know is how those "professional" autograph seekers knew he was coming in?

If I was a celeb, I think I could tell the difference between those a****les and real fans and not sign.

They know the difference, but will get celebs to sign for them anyways. The dealers have tipsters at the airports, hotels too, who let them know when celebs will be there.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 9, 2015 10:40

Autograph seekers on the departure side of the pond alert those on the arrival side when someone notable gets on a plane. They all know each other.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 9, 2015 11:20

waterrats
DandelionPowderman
«It's my wife, man!»

Ok I'm late on this one, but: actually, I admire the patience in this case Ronnie must have at 5:30 in the morning at the airport with some 'people' who just seem to care less for him but his autograph for getting some piece marked and thus make it more worthy. In the best case, it's just fans, trying to conserve some memory, but I think, in the most cases, it's just the chase for getting money.

Again, I admire him in the video for his professional coolness and getting through all of this.

I for one wouldn't join in even if I would meet him at the airport. In any case, I would tell him about thanks and how much I enjoy his music and maybe ask him about one of his guitars ...

nevermind ...

Johannes

His expression at 0.49 says it all.

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 9, 2015 12:28

chatoyancy
Autograph seekers on the departure side of the pond alert those on the arrival side when someone notable gets on a plane. They all know each other.

they are tools. it's a bummer artists have to put up with this. and of course if he just refuses to sign one then there's an article in the press next day about how he's rude to fans.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 9, 2015 13:51

Ronnie should try Ringo's way:
" I'm saying this with peace and love but no more autographs, peace and love."
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 9, 2015 19:08

Haven't these rehearsals started yet? Lazy bastards.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 9, 2015 19:14

From what I know, everyone's in place and they've started messing around with tunes.eye popping smiley

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 9, 2015 19:52

CE... if you have a moment would you send me an email?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 9, 2015 20:03

Cocaine Eyes
From what I know, everyone's in place and they've started messing around with tunes.eye popping smiley

CE smoking smiley

Gd good news cocaine Eyes, thanks.
jeroen

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 9, 2015 21:24

I have a clue, going over today to verify...

Date: May 9, 2015 21:28

I was there in 2013, met Mick, shot video. You can clearly hear them playing "The Last Time".

Date: May 10, 2015 00:46

Cocaine Eyes

CE smoking smiley

I would GREATLY appreciate an e-mail as well.

Date: May 10, 2015 02:37

I just came back from the studio they are rehearsing at. I could clearly hear them playing Beast of Burden, two limos were there, and lots of security. So do I post the location or respect their privacy?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2015 02:46

roller99
I just came back from the studio they are rehearsing at. I could clearly hear them playing Beast of Burden, two limos were there, and lots of security. So do I post the location or respect their privacy?

Everybody (including me) would love to know where they are rehearsing, but this is the kind of information that unfortunately can't be shared here for obvious reasons. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 10, 2015 02:50

roller99

I'm at home in The Netherlands. No need to post the location, just post the songlist they rehearsed. Thank you.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 10, 2015 02:52

roller99, please email me when you get a chance. Click on my name and you'll see my address thanks

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 10, 2015 02:54

roller99
Unless you want to be banned for life from here,don't do it........In a couple of days anyone who really cares will know the location....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 02:55 by ROPENI.

Date: May 10, 2015 03:07

Ok, won't post it. Not familiar with the protocol...

Posted by: piper ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:34

There is no protocol with posting where they are rehearsing. that is the dumbest thing ive heard. And you wont be banned..

Date: May 10, 2015 03:37

roller99

thumbs up
Posting the songlist is allowed.

You heard:
1. BEAST OF BURDEN.

................................................drinking smiley

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:40

i hope people don't get their hopes up if the stones play a few non-war horses in rehearsals. we all know what the set list for the tour is going to be. the only questions are things like will the opener be street fighting man or start me up and will there be any guest singers on gimme shelter.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:56

roller99

Don't know much about the protocol...I guess this "secret" information should only be available to a select few who will keep it to themselves and stand politely in the alley. confused smiley But like I said I have no idea how Bjornulf feels about it, only that he is often one of the folks outside listening, probably wants it to be an exclusive club.

But since you are the only one who knows at this point, you now have the responsibility of camping out and reporting the songs you hear! That is the important info. for most of us.

peace

Date: May 10, 2015 03:58

It doesn't matter, unless you drive in like I did, you won't hear or see anything. If you live in L.A. and rent studios, finding this should be easy...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:59

roller99

The location will come out eventually. I'd say only share with fellow fans in the area. Most people, myself included, have no business knowing the rehearsal location. A few fans gathering outside will quickly turn into thousands of people talking.. Making it impossible to hear anything.

Good luck!

Posted by: donnarq1 ()

I'm not planning on going by, but I am curious to know if they are at the same location as last year.

Naturalust
roller99

Don't know much about the protocol...I guess this "secret" information should only be available to a select few who will keep it to themselves and stand politely in the alley. confused smiley But like I said I have no idea how Bjornulf feels about it, only that he is often one of the folks outside listening, probably wants it to be an exclusive club.

But since you are the only one who knows at this point, you now have the responsibility of camping out and reporting the songs you hear! That is the important info. for most of us.

peace

1. BEAST OF BURDEN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 04:01 by RipThisBone.

Date: May 10, 2015 04:04

Naturalust
roller99

peace

Maybe this post explains it all: "We do not publish names of hotels or private addresses or other information about band members on IORR, because of security. Remember there are lots of paparazzis who need that info, also some psycho people with bad intentions. We don't want anything to happen, and nobody knows who is asking and who read here, good or bad interntions..."

Date: May 10, 2015 04:16

One thing I will post is info on the club gig. Two nights at the Fonda theater, invite only.

Date: May 10, 2015 04:23

roller99
One thing I will post is info on the club gig. Two nights at the Fonda theater, invite only.

So this means there will be no tickets for sale like on the 2013 Echoplex concert? sad smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 10, 2015 04:36

roller99

Fonda Theater is already booked on May 20th (rumored date) - Shakey Graves with The Barr Brothers.
Maybe The Barr Brothers are really The Glimmer Twins? Haha.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1339
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home