Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: One More Shot/Doom and Gloom
Posted by: Keef551 ()
Date: May 1, 2015 01:04

I agree with Naturalist, but at this late date, I get pretty pumped when they get the energy up. It's not easy.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: May 1, 2015 02:08

I don't like one more shot but as someone posted earlier, Doom and Gloom is as good as they're likely to get this century and i really like it too.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 1, 2015 03:32

I like both songs, but hope they leave them home on the Zip Code tour for other, better songs.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 1, 2015 03:38

Well whatever you think of these 2 new songs, you're not going to hear them live again. They started to drop them on last years tour, and they wont be heard this year. They only do about 19 songs these days, and stadium shows have to be filled with the classic warhorses, plus the Sticky Fingers theme, and Keith has his 2 songs, that's 19!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 1, 2015 04:30

D&G would have been a perfect album opener. Best since Start Me Up. What a pity they wasted that one for a compilation that most people possibly didn't even care to DL. Not the single version, the album version! May have needed a bit more work on the middle section, just imagine the razor-sharp guitar duels Keith and Ronnie could have there! For me one of the reasons the song doesn't work so well live. And the longer intro of the single version. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed when I heard the first live versions. I had expected they'd rework it a little (good ol' whishful thinking smiling smiley ). A little tweaking here and there and the song would go off like a rocket on stage. On the other hand, we should possibly be glad they play any recent (cough) stuff at all...
Anyhoo, D&G - what a missed chance! But as long as they (or, at least, Mick) can come up with such songs, there's still hope.
OMS ... well ... I agree with most here that OMS is basically filler material. Keith should have sung it, it's a Keith song that would need Keith's "soul touch", his articulation and phrasing. Mick can't really get that across here. A proper riff wouldn't've hurt either ...

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 1, 2015 04:59

I like the music to OMS, even the title theme, some of the verses are good, especially the first one,but the "I love, I love, I love.........." part ruins the song for me, too lame.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 1, 2015 06:18

I loved the idea of One More Shot" when I first heard about it but was let down when I actually heard it.

Would've like Keith's lyrics to evoke images of a junky fantasizing about "One more Shot", and also an aging rock star/folk hero grasping and one last shot at the limelight.

Wasn't to be. Instead sterile and safe.

D&G kicks ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-01 06:18 by jazzbass.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 1, 2015 06:35

One More Shot... The 'na na na na na na na nah' part at the end is just plain terrible. Sounds like the theme song to Friends or something. Love the main riff but the chorus and the ending are just terrible.

Doom and Gloom on the other hand, SLAYS. Both the original radio-edit (lyric video) and the other version with Charlie's straight drumming (Grrr) are phenomenal rocknroll tracks. I could go for a whole album of tracks like that. Mick shared a real gem with us, IMHO.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 1, 2015 09:49

flacnvinyl
Doom and Gloom ... Mick shared a real gem with us, IMHO.

True.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 1, 2015 09:59

I was watching Palladia a few hours ago and the Doom and Gloom Video came on.....I can't believe that I've never seen it beforedrinking smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 1, 2015 11:36

D&G is great, OMS is a filler, sounds like How I Wish reloaded.

Date: May 1, 2015 18:12

Gfmsoccer
Well whatever you think of these 2 new songs, you're not going to hear them live again. They started to drop them on last years tour, and they wont be heard this year. They only do about 19 songs these days, and stadium shows have to be filled with the classic warhorses, plus the Sticky Fingers theme, and Keith has his 2 songs, that's 19!

12 warhorses

+

4 Sticky Fingers tracks

(Brown Sugar counted among the 12 warhorses .... so FIVE total Sticky Fingers tracks)

+

2 Richards lead vocal tracks

=

18 !

That leaves 1 more slot !!!!

(That's with a warhorse heavy 12 out of 19 scenario.)

10 or 11 warhorses out of 19 should be more than enough at this point.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home