Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rehearsal Start Date
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:07

it won't be until at least 8th May - Chuck is playing a gig on 7th May in Georgia.

that allows max 2 weeks in LA

Re: Rehearsal Start Date
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:15

that's enough to run through songs they've played hundreds of times before..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:15

It would be nice to think they could start rehearsals without Chuck, but his "book" has probably become more important that we realize.

peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:21

no body counts a song in like Chuck...

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:30

duke richardson

Only one person I ever heard of even comes close!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:31

thecitadel
it won't be until at least 8th May - Chuck is playing a gig on 7th May in Georgia.

2 weeks should be plenty, this is basically a long break after Australia and I would bet all of the key members have been staying shape knowing that this was coming (versus putting their guitar down for years and growing lemons) and it will probably be basically the same show (which is fine for most people who will attend the shows, although we do see the constant complaining about that by the complainers, but that is what they do) (as if it will do some good) (it wont) (so oh well) so all the band needs to do is knock off a bit of rust, do some dry runs of the set and practice any parts/songs that seem rough like (like the guitar solo of Sympathy for the Devil) (as usual) (looking at you Keith) ( ;) )

Then move the circus to San Diego....
where they will do 2-3 nights of onstage playing to practice some more...
and here is my point.... IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA,
Get to the stadium and listen outside for those 2-3 nights.

It is free and it is FUN to hear! Even if you can't see them, you can hear them... and you will meet up some with other Stones fans... and you might even get lucky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 22:43 by Leonioid.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:41

They desperately need Chuck at the rehersals and unfortunately he seems to be a rather busy fella these days.....

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 21, 2015 23:43

This 5th member stuff gets annoying. what was that appearance about?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 22, 2015 00:20

Some solid info at last, thanks for sharing.

Not only does Chuck have a book with all the arrangements, he also has a harddrive that he uses to play rarer songs before they start rehearsing them, priceless!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 22, 2015 00:34

duke richardson

30 years ago no one would have predicted that a dude from the Allman Brothers would become musical director for the Rolling Stones. Who got him the Stones gig? Who introduced him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 00:36 by triceratops.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2015 00:53

<<...musical director for the Rolling Stones. Who got him the Stones gig? Who introduced him?>>

It was based on a recommendation from Ian Stewart.

Date: April 22, 2015 00:55

Leonioid
thecitadel

It is free and it is FUN to hear! Even if you can't see them, you can hear them... and you will meet up some with other Stones fans... and you might even get lucky.

You're forgetting the most important part-take some nice videos/audio recordings! smiling smiley

Date: April 22, 2015 01:01

stonehearted
<<...musical director for the Rolling Stones. Who got him the Stones gig? Who introduced him?>>

Thanks!!!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 22, 2015 01:37

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Leonioid
thecitadel

You're forgetting the most important part-take some nice videos/audio recordings! smiling smiley
thumbsup!!

If possible, and if it sounds good enough please record, PLEASE.

The last time I did this outside the stadium I dont think it was recordable, it was very echoey, but still really cool (to be there and hear it) and fun and a party.

Posted by: elwoodpdowd ()
Date: April 22, 2015 02:22

Are the back-up singers at the first few rehearsals? Lisa is playing the Catalina Jazz Club May 7 - 10. With her and Chuck's commitments, I guess the full band rehearsals will begin on May 11 or 12.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 22, 2015 06:53

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-23 09:35 by tauk.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 22, 2015 07:01

josepi
duke richardson

LOL! thumbs up Crazy rhythm videos are so funny & yes, i actually like them! Like all kinds if music. Like they always use to say on American Bandstand, "Did you like it? Yes. Why? Because it has a good beat and i can dance to it".

It don't take much ta keep me happy. Just posts like this.......and about $3777 for a real good seat in San Diego. moody smiley

Carolyn G

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 22, 2015 07:02

josepi
duke richardson

Lol, good one Josepi.

Date: April 22, 2015 07:38

Glad somebody liked it! I was prepared for the worst. CR is in my top 10 songs of all time, and the LW orchestra version can't be beat. I heard he actually led the band thru a Zappa song once, but I can't find it on the Ytube.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 07:56 by josepi.

Posted by: MidnightPeanut ()
Date: April 22, 2015 08:11

josepi
Glad somebody liked it! I was prepared for the worst. CR is in my top 10 songs of all time, and the LW orchestra version can't be beat. I heard he actually led the band thru a Zappa song once, but I can't find it on the Ytube.

Probably wasn't "Bobby Brown"...

Date: April 22, 2015 08:33

MidnightPeanut
josepi

Probably wasn't "Bobby Brown"...

THAT would have been fun!
Also have heard that Neil LeVang played fuzz guitar on Who Are the Brain Police.
And the point of all this is.. not so out of the ordinary that Chuck is the musical director considering all of the other seemingly musical oddities out there. I like Chuck, just wish he'd get a harder sound on songs like LSTNT.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 08:38 by josepi.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 22, 2015 09:58

I was assuming May 4th, but I guess this makes sense since Lisa has shows booked in LA from May 7-10. She can finish these 4 shows without having to rehearse with the Stones on the same days, then report to rehearsals on the 11th.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 22, 2015 10:08

triceratops
stonehearted

Thanks!!!

Further info from Wiki:

Leavell's first encounters with The Rolling Stones where auditions on Long View Farm for the spot of piano player alongside Ian Stewart for the Rolling Stones 1981 United States tour. Even though Ian McLagan was chosen, Leavell guested at the Rolling Stones' Atlanta gig on October 26, 1981. For the 1982 European Tour Leavell landed the position of keyboardist alongside Ian Stewart.

peace

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 22, 2015 10:49

the normal format seems to be:

Band plus Darryl plus Chuck for a few days

then the remainder of the team arrive - Bernard, Lisa, Tim, Karl (and MT if invited)

Studio rehearsal, then production rehearsal - on the stage, whether thats in a big rehearsal space (like film sound stage) or real venue (like Petco Park)

Date: April 22, 2015 11:25

Naturalust
Further info from Wiki:

Leavell's first encounters with The Rolling Stones where auditions on Long View Farm for the spot of piano player alongside Ian Stewart for the Rolling Stones 1981 United States tour. Even though Ian McLagan was chosen, Leavell guested at the Rolling Stones' Atlanta gig on October 26, 1981. For the 1982 European Tour Leavell landed the position of keyboardist alongside Ian Stewart.

peace

Now why was Chuck brought in to guest in Atlanta? Probably due to money gripes that Ian had and other "issues" Mick and Co were auditioning Chuck to replace Ian. Chuck being a relative tea-totaler and all. Mick had to mind Keith and Ronnie and figured, "At least get me a keyboard player I don't have to mind"

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 22, 2015 12:56

triceratops
Probably due to money gripes that Ian had and other "issues" Mick and Co were auditioning Chuck to replace Ian. Chuck being a relative tea-totaler and all.

Too many Ians to tell apart. Assuming McLagan was to replace. Was Stu the one to bring Chuck in?

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: April 23, 2015 03:11

I've never heard of the Stones doing big stage rehearsals in a stadium days before the first show. That doesn't seem like Mick's style. Has this happened on any recent stadium tour?

They will do a club/theater gig in LA to tune-up before San Diego. But I would bet they'll only do a sound check in Petco Park the day of the show. No rehearsals in San Diego.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 23, 2015 08:15

Gfmsoccer
I've never heard of the Stones doing big stage rehearsals in a stadium days before the first show. That doesn't seem like Mick's style. Has this happened on any recent stadium tour?

This has happened on all recent tours, I would say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home