Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: NHL Playoffs
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 08:56

NHL playoffs started tonight with 4 games. My Blackhawks came back to win 4-3 in double OT to beat Nashville after being down 3-0 after the first period! Locally, the Canucks opened up at home after missing the playoffs last year. Great win by Calgary, scoring with 30 seconds left to win 2-1. US tv ratings might hurt this year with Boston, Philadelphia and defending Stanley Cup champs LA Kings missing the playoffs this year. 5 Canadian teams made it this year, the most in quite a while, so ratings will be huge in Canada, as usual. Not sure if any games are shown in Europe?

Re: OT: NHL Playoffs
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 16, 2015 09:16

DGA35
NHL playoffs started tonight with 4 games. My Blackhawks came back to win 4-3 in double OT to beat Nashville after being down 3-0 after the first period! Locally, the Canucks opened up at home after missing the playoffs last year. Great win by Calgary, scoring with 30 seconds left to win 2-1. US tv ratings might hurt this year with Boston, Philadelphia and defending Stanley Cup champs LA Kings missing the playoffs this year. 5 Canadian teams made it this year, the most in quite a while, so ratings will be huge in Canada, as usual. Not sure if any games are shown in Europe?

1 game/week here in Sweden...Go Blues Go!

2 1 2 0

Date: April 16, 2015 09:49

Hi Come On. How did you become a St. Louis fan?

Date: April 16, 2015 10:34

DGA35
Hi Come On. How did you become a St. Louis fan?

Simply the name, St Louis Blues..been diggin blues-music since the sixties...still waiting for The Blues to take a title..smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 16, 2015 12:09

NHL playoffs, eh?winking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 16, 2015 12:22

Lets Go Pens!!!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 16, 2015 12:42

Mr. Come On that's great!! I am a Stockholm lad (as yourself mais non?) and I am ALSO a St Louis Blues fan! I saw them live away to Nashville in Nashville 3 Days after seeing Oasis at The Ryman in 2006.

I became a Blues fan after getting a Blues hat back in 1994 as well as being a big fan of Brett Hull and Al MacInnis. Then the name of course, genius with a note as the club sign and me being a guitar and saxophone player. Waiting for the title though.....

We were close when we signed Gretzky back in '96, thought we could've won it then with Shanahan, Hull & Co....

Hopefully this year it'll be our turn.... We seem to have the complete team to go all the way.........

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 16, 2015 13:07

I am ready! I hope there will be some great games where the Stones tour this summer.

Bjornulf

Date: April 16, 2015 13:58

MadMax
Mr. Come On that's great!! I am a Stockholm lad (as yourself mais non?) and I am ALSO a St Louis Blues fan! I saw them live away to Nashville in Nashville 3 Days after seeing Oasis at The Ryman in 2006.

I became a Blues fan after getting a Blues hat back in 1994 as well as being a big fan of Brett Hull and Al MacInnis. Then the name of course, genius with a note as the club sign and me being a guitar and saxophone player. Waiting for the title though.....

We were close when we signed Gretzky back in '96, thought we could've won it then with Shanahan, Hull & Co....

Hopefully this year it'll be our turn.... We seem to have the complete team to go all the way.........

Hi there MadMax Blues-fan from Sthlm. Yup were hoping for the trophy as you said. what is your Swedish Team?

2 1 2 0

Date: April 16, 2015 14:22

For some strange reason it's Brynäs. I think it's because I got a poster of their Elitserie-winning team back in '93 in the Buster Magazine. Since I am a football fan (Arsenal, Napoli, Brommapojkarna) it was the ONLY hockey poster on my wall. So it became Brynäs. Blame Buster ;-)

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 16, 2015 14:50

MadMax

I saw that Oasis show you are referring to.

Nashville is my local team. I was a Rangers fan before they existed so that team is my all time favorite. I saw the Rangers play the Predators a couple of months ago.

The Rolling Stones would be arriving in Nashville around the end of the Stanley Cup Finals. Unfortunately, it does not appear the Predators will make it out of April.

Date: April 16, 2015 14:59

MadMax
For some strange reason it's Brynäs. I think it's because I got a poster of their Elitserie-winning team back in '93 in the Buster Magazine. Since I am a football fan (Arsenal, Napoli, Brommapojkarna) it was the ONLY hockey poster on my wall. So it became Brynäs. Blame Buster ;-)

Nice, for me it's Djurgårdens IF but Brynäs and Leksand have many fans here as you know trying to get tickets to the games against Djurgårn...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 16, 2015 15:22

I have Calgary in our pool so go Calgary!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 16, 2015 16:07

This guy likes the Blues:

[www.tsn.ca]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 16, 2015 16:24

I would be nice to see St Louis finally win the Stanley Cup. I'm pulling for a St Louis/Montreal Finals.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: April 16, 2015 17:35

Anyone could come out of West, I'm hoping Blackhawks. Rangers in the East, maybe Montreal.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 16, 2015 18:31

NY Rangers have their best shot in 20 years to win it all.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 19:58

HawksVsRangers

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 16, 2015 20:40

Let's go Rangers

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 16, 2015 22:14

Anyone but the Habs or the Canucks. Go Flames!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 16, 2015 22:25

Lets Go Hawks!! Huge comeback OT win last night.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 16, 2015 23:53

Well I'm from Toronto - so let that be.angry smiley

That said, I'm going for the Habs. Want to keep the Cup in Canada........somewhere!

CE smoking smiley

Date: April 17, 2015 01:01

As much as I'd like to see some other US team win the Cup for once ie not California (Anaheim? Really? That's just a flat out embarrassment that they won the Cup) or Chicago etc -> come on St Louis - I'd love to see it in Canada, hopefully in Ottawa. I'll take Montreal too. Penguins and Rangers won't do it for sure.

Date: April 17, 2015 10:57

" I saw that Oasis show you are referring to.

Nashville is my local team. I was a Rangers fan before they existed so that team is my all time favorite. I saw the Rangers play the Predators a couple of months ago.

The Rolling Stones would be arriving in Nashville around the end of the Stanley Cup Finals. Unfortunately, it does not appear the Predators will make it out of April."

Wow, that's great Tony! Yeah that was a mad year, first I saw Oasis 6 shows in a row in the US and Mexico (crazy tour, getting hugged by Zac Starkey in Houston among other things), then it was Stones in Europe all over for the summer, starting in july. Nashville is a great city, I hope to be able to catch the boys there in the summer, had they done the Ryman I would've slept outside for a week before the gig. Lovely venue. I remember getting the last poster of the Oasis show outside on Music Row, next to Gruhn Guitars (Amazing store by the way, found a lovely Martin D-18 there) and there I met a couple and the lady was horrified that Liam spat on the stage during the show and I persuaded her that that is the manc way of showing respect to holy ground.. Cause the Ryman sure is holy! Oh, and the Union Station Hotel where I was staying catched fire while I was resting before the show (in a washing room in my corridor), so I ran down in my underwear through the emergency exit right on the railroad trax! The fire men got a couple of laughs out of it. Early april so it was pretty warm anyway. Those were the Days indeed...

smileys with beer

Date: April 26, 2015 07:26

Hawks win series 4-2 over a good Nashville team. Thought they were going to lose tonight but came back and played awesome. Duncan Keith scores the winner again like in Game 1. Meanwhile, Canucks choked and lost to Calgary after being up 3-0 in the game tonight and lose the series 4-2! Calgary will have a tough time against Anaheim. Hawks will play winner of Minnesota/St. Louis series.

Date: April 26, 2015 18:33

Detroit looked really good yesterday.

Penguins are done! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Islanders looking good.

Blues will probably lose out, just like Vancouver (annual playoff LOSERS!!!!).

Montreal and Ottawa has turned into a great series.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 26, 2015 18:45

What are these "Playoffs" of which you speak? confused smiley

Date: April 26, 2015 18:51

Some day the Maple Loafs will become the Maple Leafs again! They're getting there!

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: April 27, 2015 09:49

so "our" austrian vanek moves on smiling smiley ... next chicago blackhawks

Date: April 27, 2015 10:37

So since Blues didn't made it this year either we have to support Lundqvist and Hagelin...GO RANGERS GO!

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home