Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 19 of 20
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets
Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: October 18, 2017 08:42

Lucky dip info!! No filter pit or genral admssion!!
[static1.uarena.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 18, 2017 09:16

Yes so in Paris it will be :
- "Prestige/No Filter Pit"
- "Fosse"

Now technically "Fosse Or" is inside the "Fosse" so we'll have to see if any LDs end up there.

That goes against someone's theory here that they overpriced the "Carre Or"/"Cat 1" seats because they could fill them up with LDs if they didn't sell.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: October 20, 2017 01:03

hi, if anybody could sum up the lucky dip situation in 1st paris show i would appreciate it. thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 01:03 by laughinearlydied.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 20, 2017 06:48

Paris 1 I got fosse
The girl behind me got fosse also
Door 32 right next to pit door 33

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 20, 2017 07:06

A friend of mine got No Filter Pit

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 20, 2017 08:50

When I ordered my LD's for Paris 2 it mentioned on the print-out:

Rang 10 Place 7 and 8, Categorie Lucky Dip.

so I have really curious what we will get in the end.

sjouke

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:07

Is there anybody out there who went to a few dates on this tour with LUCKY DIP and did NOT get a pit or circle place?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 20, 2017 11:15

RawIguanaCologne
Is there anybody out there who went to a few dates on this tour with LUCKY DIP and did NOT get a pit or circle place?

We went to Lucca and got Prato B.
Jeroen

Date: October 20, 2017 12:25

corriecas
RawIguanaCologne

Jeroen

And this was a good one?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: October 20, 2017 12:45

Section D in Spielberg seating and it was perfect at the mud festival....Friend's got Gold standing...friend's who went to Hamburg got Pit

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 20, 2017 12:58

RawIguanaCologne

There have been lots of people throughout the threads saying they did not get pit/golden circle, and there are clearly lots of people not getting them when collecting at the LD box office.

I got GA in Munich and pit in Dusseldorf.

syrel

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 13:09

All in all I can say if you went to multiple concerts this tour you can't go wrong with LD tickets. nearly everybody who went with 3 LD tickets or more had Pit tickets for minimum 1 show. I had 3 LD tickets and I was 2 times in the pit (Zurich and Düsseldorf) and 1 time on the grandstand (Spielberg).

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 13:23

I got Fosse in Paris 1 in my 1st ever LD experience. As the rail with Fosse Or banks sharply towards the stage at the side, I entered just after 6 and grabbed a spot there and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Will LD every show I can from now on. Some people in front of me in the LD queue got Pits. If I get Fosse again on Sunday, I'll still be happy. I don't know what happened for LDs elsewhere, but after collecting our tickets we were allowed to enter immediately without having to queue and so able to grab a good spot.

Date: October 20, 2017 13:56

syrel
RawIguanaCologne

There have been lots of people throughout the threads saying they did not get pit/golden circle, and there are clearly lots of people not getting them when collecting at the LD box office.

syrel

I would like to know what the sound was like in the pit these days. Generally I love the fact that Keith seems to be given much more volume from the FOH soundboard (and is also often turned down here and there).

I had nosebleed GA, and to me and my folks sound was quite great.

So how did the pit sound like?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 20, 2017 14:06

RawIguanaCologne
syrel
RawIguanaCologne

syrel

I would like to know what the sound was like in the pit these days. Generally I love the fact that Keith seems to be given much more volume from the FOH soundboard (and is also often turned down here and there).

The sound in the pit differs a lot depending where you are. In Arnhem I was directly at the catwalk rail and the sound was the worst I had on this tour. I heard the snare and toms from the monitors and the cymbals from the big speakers. Keith Richards guitar was very loud from the monitors too (maybe they have Keiths guitar on one side of the catwalk and Ronnies from the other?) But you forget about that when the boys are 1,5 meters in front of you. The sound is way better the more you stay away from the catwalk. If you stay at the rail to the golden circle you have the best sound because you are "in line" with the stage speakers.

All in all I have to say the sound is so good this time. Even in the grandstands at Spielberg I had perfect sound.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 20, 2017 14:25

RawIguanaCologne
corriecas
RawIguanaCologne

Jeroen

And this was a good one?
It took ages to find the right entrance.stewards had never heard of LD tickets. We were on the field.could only see the screens.atmosphere was great.jeroen

Date: October 20, 2017 15:16

Generally, the sound in the pit has been quite good, with the sound coming from the stage overpowering any bad sounds coming from the back of the arena so I have felt quite immersed in the whole concert experience. As mentioned, Arnhem was not so good, with the catwalk monitors being left on for far too long - but I found that if I moved forward (away from the mini-stage), it became more bearable.

syrel

Date: October 20, 2017 15:17

are the tickets you pick up in a sealed envelope as it used to be? or is there a way of influencing my chances for a better ticket?

if you get fosse as approx 6pm, can you still get reasonably to the front of the section?

thanks

Date: October 20, 2017 15:23

hockenheim95
All in all I can say if you went to multiple concerts this tour you can't go wrong with LD tickets. nearly everybody who went with 3 LD tickets or more had Pit tickets for minimum 1 show. I had 3 LD tickets and I was 2 times in the pit (Zurich and Düsseldorf) and 1 time on the grandstand (Spielberg).

I think it probably depends on where you had LDs for - I haven't checked this, but I would imagine that the highest price shows (Germany, Zurich and Austria) had a much higher chance of getting pit tickets (really, how many people are spending 800 euros for a ticket), whereas where the pit was cheaper there would be less chance (because, really, who WOULDN'T pay 220 euros for a pit ticket, especially compared to the price of some of the seats). Given that the higher priced shows were earlier in the tour, I think some people on the board have got the impression that LDs are giving at least a 50/50 chance of a pit ticket, when they almost certainly isn't true.

Of course, this ignores mis/use of VIP ticketing strategies. As I've said elsewhere, my intuition is that the promoters are losing a lot of money on this tour.

Personally, I do agree that LDs are a good strategy for multiple shows. If they guaranteed LDs would always be standing, I'd get them for every show. My real worry is getting a crappy seat at the back of the arena.

syrel

Date: October 20, 2017 15:26

hockenheim95
RawIguanaCologne
syrel
RawIguanaCologne

syrel

The sound in the pit differs a lot depending where you are. In Arnhem I was directly at the catwalk rail and the sound was the worst I had on this tour. I heard the snare and toms from the monitors and the cymbals from the big speakers. Keith Richards guitar was very loud from the monitors too (maybe they have Keiths guitar on one side of the catwalk and Ronnies from the other?) But you forget about that when the boys are 1,5 meters in front of you. The sound is way better the more you stay away from the catwalk. If you stay at the rail to the golden circle you have the best sound because you are "in line" with the stage speakers.

All in all I have to say the sound is so good this time. Even in the grandstands at Spielberg I had perfect sound.

Thank you very much for the informations! Yeah, I remember when they had this Front Of Stage in 2003 Europe and 2006 Europe, and I did it just like you said, keep hanging out next to the barrier that separated FOS from GA. You know the FOS tix were considered "expensive" at the time but it was about 155 €. For these bucks you could only have GA this time of course. And - YES! - I also forget about everything when I watch the boys face to face without a screen in between!!!!!

My worst experience was Dusseldorf 2007 when I had bought a quite expensive ticket, but a seat 5th row Keith´ side. They placed the stage on the 90 degrees, so everybody had to chenge tix! I could choose being in somewhat front but miles away from my original place or take a seat very very close to the B-stage. It was so terrible soundwise, when they came over during Miss You, You heard the totally delayed sound from the big stage, and what you saw was not anything like in time, even the band seemed to have problems, really!!!

I don´t know, as this was my 1st (and last!) B-stage experience, if this happened on more occasions also?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: October 20, 2017 16:03

Just thinking ahead to next years UK tour. When did Lucky Dip tickets go up for sale. Was it the same day / time as the general sale / during pre sale (stones app) or a bit later. Thanks any info welcome as I will go for Lucky dips next time. My pre sale ticket for Amsterdam via the app was not a very good seat.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 20, 2017 16:13

carouslambra
Just thinking ahead to next years UK tour. When did Lucky Dip tickets go up for sale. Was it the same day / time as the general sale / during pre sale (stones app) or a bit later. Thanks any info welcome as I will go for Lucky dips next time. My pre sale ticket for Amsterdam via the app was not a very good seat.

[www.rollingstones.com]

The Lucky Dip tickets went on sale at the same time. Of course as a fan we want to have tickets as soon as possible. But if you dont get a lucky dip, just relax and wait as there is always tickets popping up here and then. Just keep your eyes open.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 20, 2017 16:26

RawIguanaCologne

In Arnhem seatings in the south block, many around us with the same LD's.

sjouke

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 20, 2017 19:23

laughinearlydied
are the tickets you pick up in a sealed envelope as it used to be? or is there a way of influencing my chances for a better ticket?

if you get fosse as approx 6pm, can you still get reasonably to the front of the section?

thanks

Fifty grand in a sealed envelope might increase your chance of getting pit ticket

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 19:23 by Nate.

Date: October 20, 2017 20:01

justeillusion
[static1.uarena.com]

I have clicked this message so many times and I am happy to get a standing ticket with my Lucky Dip. Standing for Paris 3 in this "small" arena is good. If you get there early you end up pretty close, no matter if you are Fosse, Fosse Or or even No Filter Pit. Can't wait!

grinning smileyRe: Lucky Dip Tickets
Date: October 20, 2017 20:07

Nate
laughinearlydied

thanks

Fifty grand in a sealed envelope might increase your chance of getting pit ticket

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

ok, no problem, just have to hit an atm on my way to the stadium grinning smiley

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 21, 2017 01:45

RawIguanaCologne
syrel
RawIguanaCologne

syrel

Zürich: We were at Ron side in the pit and the sound was GREAT!!
Pls notice - Zürich was open air and no roof with steel was there!!!!!!!!!

In Düsseldorf and Arnhem (roof closed) we had good seating places but the sound in Zürich Pit was the BEST!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-21 01:54 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 22, 2017 17:11

schwonek
justeillusion
[static1.uarena.com]

I have clicked this message so many times and I am happy to get a standing ticket with my Lucky Dip. Standing for Paris 3 in this "small" arena is good. If you get there early you end up pretty close, no matter if you are Fosse, Fosse Or or even No Filter Pit. Can't wait!

So they say you need to queue at 32 and 33 but is there a special LD desk ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: sister ()
Date: October 22, 2017 17:53

Yes. Its 32 and the billeterie shows Lucky dip. Big line outside and inside zigzagline full of people since 1/2 hour.
Greets sister

Date: October 22, 2017 19:08

sister
Yes. Its 32 and the billeterie shows Lucky dip. Big line outside and inside zigzagline full of people since 1/2 hour.
Greets sister

The way I understand: there is a lucky dip window close to 32 and then you get in past the queue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 19 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home