Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 22, 2017 20:21

Wow got to the Arena at 6.50, massive queues compared to Thursday, I guess people came earlier since it's a a Sunday.

We had to fight our way through to 32 only to get Fosse, duh...they say they don't know what they give but I could see it through the envelope so...oh well we still cut the massive queues and picked a spot on the right side just behind gold so not too shabby I guess. Still better than the 331 euro Carré Or ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: October 22, 2017 20:28

Fosse really crowded right now , gold filling up And seats i guess 40%

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: October 22, 2017 21:51

For Lucky Dip ticket pick up in Paris, did they require ID and credit card?
Or were you able to just show email?

Thank you.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 23, 2017 17:20

I guess next to 32 there is a desk for Lucky Dips and you dont queue in the regular queue.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 23, 2017 17:44

mrsoandso
For Lucky Dip ticket pick up in Paris, did they require ID and credit card?
Or were you able to just show email?

Thank you.

Yes. First time in several Lucky Dips for me in the States and Europe that they asked for the card used to buy it. They have always, for me, asked for ID.
So again, yes, you need both. I also bring the printout confirmation.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 24, 2017 01:58

schwonek
I guess next to 32 there is a desk for Lucky Dips and you dont queue in the regular queue.

You didn't for show 1 but they changed it for Show 2 when Lucky Dippers DID have to queue together with full price ticket holders. Queueing was a shambles with Gates 32 & 33 bleeding into one big messy crowd where it overflowed out from the iron railings.

I got Fosse for both and managed to manoeuvre myself into a good viewing and listening spot both times. My tickets were handed to me in a closed envelope at Show 1 and and Open 1 at Show 2. I saw people scoring Pits both nights and all were photogenic young couples.

I have a Fosse Or for Wednesday but I noticed a large number of people with red early entry goody bags in Fosse Or so I'm probably not doing my usual camp out early thing.

Date: October 24, 2017 02:03

gotdablouse
Wow got to the Arena at 6.50, massive queues compared to Thursday, I guess people came earlier since it's a a Sunday.

We had to fight our way through to 32 only to get Fosse, duh...they say they don't know what they give but I could see it through the envelope so...oh well we still cut the massive queues and picked a spot on the right side just behind gold so not too shabby I guess. Still better than the 331 euro Carré Or ;-)

You must have been standing very close to me, gotdablouse, so I warmly appreciate your videos. I agree that it was probably better there than in The super expensive Carre Or. As well as being a good viewing spot, the sound was excellent there.

Date: October 24, 2017 08:45

Sure thing for the videos, too bad we didn't meet but in a crowd like this...could have been by accident, I talked to Italian fans who were in Lucca and came to Paris after being upset at not seeing the stage there.

Actually it's thanks to your report from Paris 1 that I chose that spot, really not bad at all and being 6'3" (sorry!) my view is generally unobstructed. Even in a mellow and not terribly packed crowd it's tough to stand for hours though, a young girl and a sturdy looking guy had to be evacuated into Gold. As for picking who gets Pit, dunno, I was with my 16 year old daughter so not too bad of a setup, but iy didn't help. My envelope was sealed but I could see "Fosse". That's ok, I got a good overall view and it was back to pre-2012 before I met crazy fans who've got to be as close as possible and became like them ;-)

I'm not sure who else was queuing up in 32 but for Wednesday I would suggest going for the queue closest to the red LD "office" and tell every guard you see you're going there. It worked for us! And of course once you have your tickets just go straight to the entrance and skip the first scanners as these only work for "32" tickets. On Sunday at 7pm that must have saved us 1+ hour of queuing up, sort of early entry Fosse ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-24 08:50 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 25, 2017 14:22

gotdablouse
Sure thing for the videos, too bad we didn't meet but in a crowd like this...could have been by accident, I talked to Italian fans who were in Lucca and came to Paris after being upset at not seeing the stage there.

Actually it's thanks to your report from Paris 1 that I chose that spot, really not bad at all and being 6'3" (sorry!) my view is generally unobstructed. Even in a mellow and not terribly packed crowd it's tough to stand for hours though, a young girl and a sturdy looking guy had to be evacuated into Gold. As for picking who gets Pit, dunno, I was with my 16 year old daughter so not too bad of a setup, but iy didn't help. My envelope was sealed but I could see "Fosse". That's ok, I got a good overall view and it was back to pre-2012 before I met crazy fans who've got to be as close as possible and became like them ;-)

I'm not sure who else was queuing up in 32 but for Wednesday I would suggest going for the queue closest to the red LD "office" and tell every guard you see you're going there. It worked for us! And of course once you have your tickets just go straight to the entrance and skip the first scanners as these only work for "32" tickets. On Sunday at 7pm that must have saved us 1+ hour of queuing up, sort of early entry Fosse ;-)

The Fosse Esrly entry thing worked for me on Thursday but not Sunday. As a matter of interest, did anyone with Lucky Dips get or know of anyone getting any section other than Fosse Or Pit?

You must have been behind me, GotdaBlouse. I would certainly have noticed someone of 6 foot 3 in front of me smiling smiley. I'm 5 foot 8/1.74m so I have an interest in getting a good spot ;-) In Fosse Or tonight, I'll probably head for the same side.

Date: October 25, 2017 14:44

Not that I've read, it's consistent with what was announced by the UArena on their LD instructions too. Good luck getting pit tonight!

Why didn't "self early entry" work on Sunday for you? There was no way to walk straight to the scanners alongside the building when you were there? They must have moved things by the time we got there.

--------------

Date: October 25, 2017 15:05

gotdablouse
Not that I've read, it's consistent with what was announced by the UArena on their LD instructions too. Good luck getting pit tonight!

Why didn't "self early entry" work on Sunday for you? There was no way to walk straight to the scanners alongside the building when you were there? They must have moved things by the time we got there.

On Sunday, they made us queue with the regular Fosse people, then on through security, we went straight to the Lucky Dip desk where there was a very short queue. From the looks on faces, most got plain Fosse.

Your experience tells me that they've been making it all up as they go along, reacting to events rather than thinking ahead. I'm a routine early queuer, but I'm still at my Accomodation and yet to have my pre-show feed. I just have no confidence that my patience in camping out and queueing early will be rewarded as it usually is.

I'm sure they'll get crowd control right at the U ArenA eventually. At the Stade de France, it's usually very good and well organised, even last time when RER trains were on strike.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: October 25, 2017 15:51

Good luck Tonight have a Great one!!!!!!...thinking... Start me up...to get thing's moving tonight!!!!! See you in Ireland next summer...finger's crossed.M

Date: October 25, 2017 15:56

mikey C
Good luck Tonight have a Great one!!!!!!...thinking... Start me up...to get thing's moving tonight!!!!! See you in Ireland next summer...finger's crossed.M

My shows 1 & 2 Lucky Dip partner and friend of 30 years is from Belfast and we've already agreed that we'll Lucky Dip any show that happens in Ireland, North or South. Personally I think the Arriva Stadium will get the gig.

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: October 26, 2017 12:47

No filter pit lucky pit!!! For the last show !!!!! Yeahhhhhhh

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1608
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home