Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets
Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 5, 2017 00:46

So - reporting back in after a 24h round trip to CPH......

First show for the tour for me and dipped very lucky with 2 Filter pits! No need to tell we had a blast front row!!!

>grinning smiley<hot smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 5, 2017 09:23

Got Pit tickets in Copenhagen, too! Same with the pair before us. Then I was thinking "@#$%&, why couldn't we've been here one minute earlier..." but we got the same luck.
At the pick up they checked order number, id and asked for the credit card.

Date: October 5, 2017 09:41

Could you give the dip tickets away to 2 other people after pickup?

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 5, 2017 11:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Why would you.....?!confused smiley

I don't think so because the tickets were marked 0 EUR LUCKY DIP and it had a matching double wristband.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 5, 2017 12:56

Nobody cares what you do with the lucky dips after you pick them up. If they come with a wristband (and they don't always), they don't make you put it on. So you can do what you want. I didn't need my lucky dips for myself anymore for a few of the shows, so some of them I gave away and some of them I sold for face value. At another show, two of us used lucky dips given to us by a friend and we had no problem entering the venue.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 5, 2017 13:31

I didn't really see the point of the Lucky Dip wristband after I got my tickets, but they put one on my wrist anyway. Nobody asked about it when entering. The tickets were scanned in a barcode reading machine with turnstiles, nobody actually looked at what the tickets said.

Date: October 5, 2017 15:05

damnation
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Why would you.....?!confused smiley

I don't think so because the tickets were marked 0 EUR LUCKY DIP and it had a matching double wristband.

because i have 4 tickets and only 2 persons. So i will pickup the dips and hope they are pit. If they are not i will sell them fore face value, if they are i will sell my normal GA tickets for the value of the dips.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 6, 2017 11:15

In Lucca I was able to pick up the tickets by myself and do whatever I please with them. Only thing is to never mention to the box office people that you're alone. They don't really care but if you do they might want you to wait for your partner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 19:32 by Adams.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 10, 2017 23:38

In Düsseldorf it didn't work that well – most people got "Stehplatz Innenraum" (GA standing on the floor). Only very few got No Filter Pit (three or four people before I went through the gates.
Thus for me the result is: 2x Pit, 1x Innenraum – not bad for three shows

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: October 11, 2017 10:06

slewan
In Düsseldorf it didn't work that well – most people got "Stehplatz Innenraum" (GA standing on the floor). Only very few got No Filter Pit (three or four people before I went through the gates.

Well that makes me feel even luckier getting the pit in Dusseldorf. I thought not many people seemed to be very excited with their tickets, maybe that explains it.

I find it surprising there were not a lot of pit LDs in Dusseldorf given how many pit tickets were still available the day before the show (over 100).

Queuing for LDs at Dusseldorf was a bit chaotic. Some guy tried to push in front of me and I told him to get back - I got the pit, he got GAsmileys with beer

syrel

Date: October 11, 2017 10:12

syrel
slewan

Well that makes me feel even luckier getting the pit in Dusseldorf. I thought not many people seemed to be very excited with their tickets, maybe that explains it.

I find it surprising there were not a lot of pit LDs in Dusseldorf given how many pit tickets were still available the day before the show (over 100).

Queuing for LDs at Dusseldorf was a bit chaotic. Some guy tried to push in front of me and I told him to get back - I got the pit, he got GAsmileys with beer

syrel

Haha well done to you !

For me GA. Hoped for pit but any ticket is nice ofcourse.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 11, 2017 11:06

I got Pit tickets in Düsseldorf. Very happy!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 11, 2017 11:28

Me too, very happy with it! I noticed some other pitters doing high fives several times during showtime, they couldn't believe their luck. The other people were either diehard fans or people with a lot of money - you can somewhat tell to which of the two categories they belong by the clothes they wear... winking smiley

I assumed most LD's got pit like us (when we arrived at the pickup counter quite late there was hardly anyone to check), but reading the comments here I realise we were quite lucky. smiling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 11, 2017 19:29

maybe the saved to pit tickets for the people who came relatively late. Within the first 25-30 people who picked up LD tickets (i.e. the people who waited in line before me only 2 or 3 got pit tickets.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 12, 2017 12:35

slewan
maybe the saved to pit tickets for the people who came relatively late. Within the first 25-30 people who picked up LD tickets (i.e. the people who waited in line before me only 2 or 3 got pit tickets.

Well we weren't late actually, but I think they don't save the tickets for people who come later. It's just random.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: October 12, 2017 12:40

Actually chances of scoring Pit tickets are much higher if you pick them up just minutes before Stones hit the stage. Was a case at many shows - Hamburg, Zurich, Dusseldorf etc.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:32

We were at the ticket counter in Düsseldorf at 6pm. A lot of people in front of us got Innenraum Stehplatz so I was very lucky when I read "No Filter Pit" on our tickets. I was very happy. We were on Ronnies side in the back at the "B-Stage". Fantastic concert but the crowd around us was really bad. Right behind us at the rail there was a father with his daughter and her boyfriend. The father was very proud that he threw away a Pit ticket for Barcelona because the people at the venue didn't want to pay him more than 50 bucks. He left before the Blue and Lonesome Songs because "he knew what was going to follow". He came back after 4 Songs. Then his daughter wanted to smoke. They discussed for 10 minutes whether they could smoke inside or not. Then father and daughter went out smoking for another 3 whole songs. The father advised me to keep her place at the rail which wasn't a problem for me. Later he advised me to go away from the mesh (I don't know if this is the right word in english) that is connected to the rail so that his daughter has enough place. Later his daughter got very hungry but they stayed until the end.

These are the people that destroy an event like this for me a little bit. They payed 1200€ (they showed me the tickets and were shocked about my LD tickets). In the back of the pit at Düsseldorf there were so many people who seem to have more interest in posting pictures on Facebook, talking, getting beer than just listen to the greatest band on earth. There is a lack of enthusiasm which makes ma a bit sad. I hope it will be better in Arnheim where I got regular pit tickets.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 12, 2017 23:27

hockenheim95, thanks for your post. The behavior of some of the fans can really take down enjoyment for me also.
After Amsterdam, early entry standing, I think if I go again, I will have to do pit or nothing. I noticed there was room to move around in the pit there, not true of the rail, standing.

Had a great show anyway, and my Dutch friend whose first time it was found the band amazing.
(Back on topic, I got Pit with Lucky Dips once, good going!!!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 23:28 by angee.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:42

Lucky Dippers!

Pls let us know about Arnhem.........................

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:59

satisfaction2
Lucky Dippers!

Pls let us know about Arnhem.........................

I got Pit for both Arnhem and Amsterdam.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 17, 2017 12:31

We got 4 Lucky Dip tickets for Arnhem and we got very Lucky and Happy because my father, my 2 sisters and I got into the Pit spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:14

Are there lucky dips for Paris?

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:15

Had pit tix in Arnhem

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:39

MartinB
Are there lucky dips for Paris?

Yes. All 3 shows. Long since sold out though.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:40

Grrrrr!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 14:43

MartinB
Grrrrr!

It's the same with all Lucky Dips. They only ever sell a few hundred of them for any show and they usually sell out in an hour or 2.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:20

Quick question for experienced Lucky Dippers, oddly enough it seems you can transfer them to someone else using "Transférer" on the UArena website, never heard of that being an option before ? And it might not work if they're working against a pre-printed list of names when you arrive at the venue ?

I've been wondering about that in case I get lucky and score a pit for Paris 2...but then with all the happy stories this time around of getting pit, hehe...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:21

Lucky Dip Paris
I got two tickets and have created the PDF - which is not a ticket. It states I will get an email. So far no news. Anyone got any infos on the Paris Lucky Dips deal?

Cheers
Schwonek

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:26

schwonek
Lucky Dip Paris
I got two tickets and have created the PDF - which is not a ticket. It states I will get an email. So far no news. Anyone got any infos on the Paris Lucky Dips deal?

Cheers
Schwonek

For Arnhem this mail was send the day before the concert.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:31

schwonek
Lucky Dip Paris

Cheers
Schwonek

Just found that in the Paris thread:

Bonjour,

Les billets Lucky Dip seront à retirer en porte 32 à partir de 18 heures.
Nous restons à votre disposition pour toute demande complémentaire.
Bien cordialement,

Hello,
Lucky Dip tickets will be withdrawn at door 32 from 6pm.
We remain at your disposal for any additional requests.
Best regards,

reply to an email U ARENA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home